Is a special adapter needed to mount an e-13 to a vpfree?- Mtbr.com
    keystone addict

Is a special adapter needed to mount an e-13 to a vpfree?

Well? And if so, how much is it?

is it the same way with mrp's?

Bum Buzzer
    You need an ISCG adapter - and space out the guide from the adapter.

mtbr member
    what year vpfree? new ones have iscg mounts

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    And remember, if it's a '07 VP-Free, it has ISCG05 mounts. So a normal ISCG guide won't fit.

On older Vp-frees you'll need a ISCG adapter. The same goes for both MRP and e.13 guides.

local trails rider
    At least Chaireaction sent me the ISCG adapter when I ordered an E-13 SRS for my Yeti.

I think E-13 has a compatibility guide or something on their website.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I have the e.13 SRS guide on my '06 vp-free. The ISCG adapter comes with the guide. The best set-up is to mount the ISCG adapter "wrong way". That's the only way I got it to work properly.

keystone addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cribe
    I have the e.13 SRS guide on my '06 vp-free. The ISCG adapter comes with the guide. The best set-up is to mount the ISCG adapter "wrong way". That's the only way I got it to work properly.

The adapter came with the guide? like for free?

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    The adapter came with the guide? like for free?
    Yep they come with it for free!

kona-tize me captain
    even with the iscg adapter make sure it is set up right, my freind had a shop do it and they didnt space it right, he ended up grinding down where the cnc yoke and chainstay meet at the weld. and i mean deep too maybe .5 cm? which is pretty deep just from chain. worst is th eshop wouldnt even take th eblame for it. next thing i know we are wintergreen and im wrenchign on his guide. had to ttake it all apart and re fit it. i saved him a chainstay hah
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Some Assembly Required
    I just sandwiched my e.13 and the bb cup. I have Saint cranks on mine. Guide and frame are not the new versions.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

rhd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    w/the saint crank......do you just put the plate in place of the spacer you use for a 73mm setup? i have a saint on my bike..and am going to need a guide
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse
    I dont think the frame, shock, fork, rims, drive train, handlebars, tires and stem would hold up very well but that kickstand looks pretty burley.

Some Assembly Required
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd
    w/the saint crank......do you just put the plate in place of the spacer you use for a 73mm setup? i have a saint on my bike..and am going to need a guide
    No spacer on the drive side & (2) on the non-drive side of my VP Free. The non-drive side has to clear a protrusion of the frame to seat the bb cup. But this is on a VP Free may not be the same for your particular bike.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

rhd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    cool...imma go look at it real fast then...might need to add some to the non-drive side...diddn't add any for install
    I dont think the frame, shock, fork, rims, drive train, handlebars, tires and stem would hold up very well but that kickstand looks pretty burley.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You don't need ANY adapters. Just sandwich the stupid thing behind the bb cup.

Don't be disappointed when you can't rotate the roller to the proper 8 o'clock position. The vpp drop link behind the bb makes it impossible to get perfect position. If you tuck it up too far the chain will bind on the underside of the chainstay.

keystone addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    Yep they come with it for free!

Huh. That's pretty sweet. Looking at the website, and some online shops like beyondbikes, it made it seem like you had to pony up another 20 bucks for the little crapper.

40 oz to freedom
    How do the adapters work?

rhd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    they sandwhich in behind the BB. they provide the mounting holes for the guide just like bikes that have stock ISCG mounts allready brazed on

Members who have read this thread: 0