Some pics form today...- Mtbr.com
    VIA
    banned

Some pics form today...

The Devindi in the air...
    Attached Images Attached Images

VIA
    banned
    Here we have a bad landing with Tango bringing the first AID.

VIA
    banned
    Second attempt ...
    Last edited by VIA; 04-03-2004 at 06:54 PM.

VIA
    banned
    Hope you like it...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How hard is it to wear a f#@$%ing helmet? Your lucky your ass didn't land on your head.

Artist formly Poop
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTireMike
    How hard is it to wear a f#@$%ing helmet? Your lucky your ass didn't land on your head.

its there choice, and do you think some ******* on the internet is going to change their minds, I personally always try to wear mine.

Nice pictures, soon you will know the greatness of a tranny, instead of going flat. Much more smooth, and fun.
    Pirates are the S

VIA
    banned
    Nice pictures, soon you will know the greatness of a tranny, instead of going flat. Much more smooth, and fun.[/QUOTE]

Dude...I know everything about the tranny, but is hard anogh roll this ramp to the park and you spect me to also roll a tranny ...!!!? mmm NO ...for now flat is my only choice..

T.Dot Represent
    i thought u were gunna land ont hat bike in the background when i saw the first pic!

nice helmet, nothing like a good old hat to protect the noggin

and one more thing, dont the park owners get pissed whne u dig bg holes??? i got in trouble because we tried to make a DJ in a public park
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

VIA
    banned
    and one more thing, dont the park owners get pissed whne u dig bg holes??? i got in trouble because we tried to make a DJ in a public park[/QUOTE]

Correction...
    The holes wore there...

And I got the message about the helmet... thanks..
    I use mine when I feel less confident...my bad...!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VIA
    and one more thing, dont the park owners get pissed whne u dig bg holes??? i got in trouble because we tried to make a DJ in a public park

Correction...
    The holes wore there...

And I got the message about the helmet... thanks..
    I use mine when I feel less confident...my bad...! [/QUOTE]
    THanks for sharing the pics. Looks like you had a fun time. Although wearing a helmet is something I'd reccomend, don't let these [email protected]'s bother you too much.

cmd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

limit non-helmet pics

Not trying to be Marge Simpson, but do you think that it is not a good idea to let people post pics W/O helmets. i mean I know there are many younger people who look at this site and try to imitate what they see. Just my opinion.

VIA
    banned

Let's do a comercial here...

Quote Originally Posted by cmd
    Not trying to be Marge Simpson, but do you think that it is not a good idea to let people post pics W/O helmets. i mean I know there are many younger people who look at this site and try to imitate what they see. Just my opinion.
    KITS : USE THE HELMET.

But was anogh with the helmet thing...some people use it, some don't, and some ,like me, use the helmet when they feel less confident .Anyway is no against the law to use or no to use the helmet . And you are a FOOL, that is just my opinion.

PS.: I think is no good idea to let people post when they look like Marge Simpson.
    Last edited by VIA; 04-04-2004 at 09:38 AM.

north bush biker

how hard

ok but how hard would it have been to move the ramp ten feet back then you would have a trany. so what if it takes just a little more time n effort. take a break if you get tired.

cmd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

your comeback

. And you are a FOOL, that is just my opinion.

PS.: I think is no good idea to let people post when they look like Marge Simpson.
    to bad the only good come back you have is the come in the back of your throat

VIA
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NRTH SHORE
    ok but how hard would it have been to move the ramp ten feet back then you would have a trany. so what if it takes just a little more time n effort. take a break if you get tired.

Well ... first: I'd have to mouve the ramp back 20+ feet
    second : if I do that there is no room for me to get speed.
    third : what a f\/(k is the deal if I do a jump w/o tranny and w/o helmet...
    What is this...a bunch of girs that just because they can't pull a jump without a tranny and a helmet are biching ...!!??
    ENOGH girls...and that if for you to CMD...

mtbr member

Do you have health insurance?

Well ... first: I'd have to mouve the ramp back 20+ feet
    second : if I do that there is no room for me to get speed.
    third : what a f\/(k is the deal if I do a jump w/o tranny and w/o helmet...
    What is this...a bunch of girs that just because they can't pull a jump without a tranny and a helmet are biching ...!!??
    ENOGH girls...and that if for you to CMD...

If you break your neck,chances are all, or part of your medical bills may have to be paid by the taxpayers (medicaid), so your stupidity can cost everybody..........

Not to mention, if you sue the city, or whomever owns the park, you could screw up access for all.

That's the F'ing big deal DUDE!

VIA
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr4eva
    If you break your neck,chances are all, or part of your medical bills may have to be paid by the taxpayers (medicaid), so your stupidity can cost everybody..........

Not to mention, if you sue the city, or whomever owns the park, you could screw up access for all.

That's the F'ing big deal DUDE!
    You know what...!?

I AM SO SORRY FOR POSTING THIS PICTURES .
    IS WRONG TO JUMP WITH OUT TRANNY AND EVEN WORST WITH OUT HELMET..

Hope all you girls are happy now...

BYE BYE
    Last edited by VIA; 04-04-2004 at 12:45 PM.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON

Fat Air!

Nice Helmet! Do you want to be wheeled around by your parents and have people feed you? Just a thought!

Sincerely
    Helmet Nazi

VIA
    banned
    This is my last reply about helmet.

I use chest protector, elbow guards,knee/shin guards and some kick a$$ goves. But the gras was wet and even if you hit it with the head it wont be a biggy...
    I'll never pull a jump in the concret or with rocks arround w/o a helmet..OK..!
    So keep paying your taxes people, you're save with me..

PS. Even with a helmet you can break your neck.
    Last edited by VIA; 04-04-2004 at 01:17 PM.

Uhhhhh...
    Sweet jump man......and the helmet is no biggy and people just need to let you do your own thing.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curiouscaptian01
    its there choice, .
    It is not a choice. If someone "chooses" not to wear it, how are we going to make sure that no one calls 911 and ambulances when he cracks his head open? We can't make that happen. It's maybe one thing to do it up in the wilderness where no one will find your body for weeks, but if you make the "choice" to ride without one, you have basically told us to all go F-ourselves. Our insurance goes up, blah blah blah. There is no "choice" because our society is not set up like that.

Only if you can ensure that no one will call 911 and try to help you, should you ride withouta helmet, because then it wont affect the rest of us.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

VIA
    banned
    [QUOTE=TheSherpa]Sweet jump man......and the helmet is no biggy and people just need to let you do your own thing.

Thanks Sherpa...

SHERING
    Pay attention...
    THIS WAS WRONG....
    Back then (1993 Argentina) doing stuff in real bikes was no helmet,no shin,kneen guard,chest protector.No even gloves...
    That was WRONG .Was funn but WRONG.
    Now you're biching for a jump in wet gras w/o helmet...!!
    Thanks for be so caring...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Kewl. Did the dog pounce on you after the crash

Post some details of your ramp. Does it fold up? I think with some mods and a couple of wheels you could make it pretty easy to tow.

VIA
    banned
    Post some details of your ramp. Does it fold up? I think with some mods and a couple of wheels you could make it pretty easy to tow.[/QUOTE]

Thanks..I'll work on that...

VIA
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    It is not a choice. If someone "chooses" not to wear it, how are we going to make sure that no one calls 911 and ambulances when he cracks his head open? We can't make that happen. It's maybe one thing to do it up in the wilderness where no one will find your body for weeks, but if you make the "choice" to ride without one, you have basically told us to all go F-ourselves. Our insurance goes up, blah blah blah. There is no "choice" because our society is not set up like that.

Only if you can ensure that no one will call 911 and try to help you, should you ride withouta helmet, because then it wont affect the rest of us.

And that is what I call OVER-REACT...

You man have a lot of future in a church like a pastor...bikes are no for you...don't waste your time..

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    This is my last reply about helmet.

I use chest protector, elbow guards,knee/shin guards and some kick a$$ goves. But the gras was wet and even if you hit it with the head it wont be a biggy...
    I'll never pull a jump in the concret or with rocks arround w/o a helmet..OK..!
    So keep paying your taxes people, you're save with me..

PS. Even with a helmet you can break your neck.
    Not that I really care if you crack your neck or anything but what's the point of wearing all that stuff if you don't have a helmet on? I'm sure your gloves provide amazing finger protection and all but what would that matter when you break your neck and can't move anything below your neck?

PS - Why is wet grass so much softer than dry grass?

VIA
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    Not that I really care if you crack your neck or anything but what's the point of wearing all that stuff if you don't have a helmet on? I'm sure your gloves provide amazing finger protection and all but what would that matter when you break your neck and can't move anything below your neck?

PS - Why is wet grass so much softer than dry grass?
    NO NO....come on... give me a breck...still biching...and now I have to explaing why wet grass is softer than dry...

ZEDRO...help man...we need a moderator here...

PS. Go back to a XC forum...I'm sure they all wear helmets...
    Last edited by VIA; 04-04-2004 at 02:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey where did you get that awesome picture of george bush? Can you post the link, that's great!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

i crashed 2 days ago..

and was wearing my helmet. I hit a jump I hit all the time, but this time my back wheel kicked up, up, and over. i was goin pretty fast, and my front wheel hit the ground first and catapulted my head/face into the ground. my lip exploded and i was pretty messed up, but was able to get up and ride home a few mins later. I looked at my helmet the next day and i had a crack all the way through one of the main ribs on my X-ray. Coulda been my skull. No matter how confident you are, or if you know a jump, or are a hot head, you can crash at ANY time.. also, many years ago when my aunt was ~ 14 (now deceased from this) crashed while JRA in the street and hit her head. She was incapacitated for the rest of her life. Sure its your choice not to wear a helmet, but common sense says to wear one. food for thought

north bush biker
    k first of do your math you don't need that much of a run in to move your ramp back ten feet. sscond any hit to the head can do seriouse injury. but then again maybe that isn't u on the bike............

Stand back

Y'all better stay away from bmx trails

Quote Originally Posted by NRTH SHORE
    k first of do your math you don't need that much of a run in to move your ramp back ten feet. sscond any hit to the head can do seriouse injury. but then again maybe that isn't u on the bike............
    If you can't stand to see ppl risking their melons sans helmets. Don't know why everyone thinks the internet is so powerful, I'm pretty sure kids have been doing sh!t w/o helmets longer than they've been able to see it here...
    Oh, yeah, and never ever go to a sk8pk, way crazier stuff goes down in vert bowls w/ no pads.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    If you can't stand to see ppl risking their melons sans helmets. Don't know why everyone thinks the internet is so powerful, I'm pretty sure kids have been doing sh!t w/o helmets longer than they've been able to see it here...
    Oh, yeah, and never ever go to a sk8pk, way crazier stuff goes down in vert bowls w/ no pads.
    word!

have any of you douchebags ever seen a biking video? more non-helmeted riders than riders with helmets..... but you all think those vids are dope. i know you don't sit around and b!tch at the tv.....

not to mention, that all you non-helmet haters are just posers who can't bust sh!t and need to complain because they (no-helmeted riders) make you look lame.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    they wont look so cool dead

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    word!

have any of you douchebags ever seen a biking video? more non-helmeted riders than riders with helmets..... but you all think those vids are dope. i know you don't sit around and b!tch at the tv.....

not to mention, that all you non-helmet haters are just posers who can't bust sh!t and need to complain because they (no-helmeted riders) make you look lame.....

duuuuude!! one birthday and you turn into a ctotchety old fart??? lol! serious question though, if it x-up over a double with a helmet on and then do it without one, are those two tricks or one??
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Flowtronic engineer
    I second that word.
    This thread has cracked me up. I think each and everyone of these aggro-helmeteers should go to the local dirt jumps and take up this attitude with the local 20" crew. You may want to wear a helmet.
    I will however clown on the flat landing. Just move that thing back 10-15ft and flat landings will be a thing of the past. How much speed can you get up in 15ft anyhow? Flat landings make bikes unhappy and look wack.
    I like to wear helmets, but if someone jumping on grass isn't wearing one and happens to post a picture on the internet, it does not mean we're gonna have a nation of vegetables. There are much more stupid things happening in the world that deserve your energy and concern. Go watch *******s drive in traffic for some great examples.
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    duuuuude!! one birthday and you turn into a ctotchety old fart??? lol! serious question though, if it x-up over a double with a helmet on and then do it without one, are those two tricks or one??
    i don't understand your question???

i am not crotchety (well maybe a little). i just think it's funny to be flamed for doing tricks without a helmet by someone who couldn't even do the trick anyway....

so therefor they end up with a "well i can't do that. so i will flame him for doing it without a helmet" attitude....

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    ........................... but if you make the "choice" to ride without one, you have basically told us to all go F-ourselves. Our insurance goes up, blah blah blah. There is no "choice" because our society is not set up like that...................
    haha. i love it....

Oh, this is the part where everyone can now go fvck themselves.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i don't understand your question???

i am not crotchety (well maybe a little). i just think it's funny to be flamed for doing tricks without a helmet by someone who couldn't even do the trick anyway....

so therefor they end up with a "well i can't do that. so i will flame him for doing it without a helmet" attitude....
    lmao! just joking with ya man! re read that question, maybe it will be funny this time. that is, unless you've crashed sans helmet too many times

peace my friend!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Adicted 2 Bike Porn

Sweet....

F*&^ the helmet nazis.....If the kid doesn't want to wear a helmet, more power to him...I seriously don't think that he is so ignorant as to not know when to wear a helmet What is this, a Ralph Nader support group? Shhhhhiiiitttt.... And about the flat landing....IF you can stick it and the bike can take it, then hit it! It is on grass, not at the Red Bull Rampage...Wankers. Anyone who goes though the trouble of building a sweet ramp and rides a pimp ride like that can't be so stupid as to not know what he is doing. There, my 2 cents that is worth nothing.
    Yes, I want some cheezy poofs...!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bikecowboy69
    F*&^ the helmet nazis.....If the kid doesn't want to wear a helmet, more power to him...I seriously don't think that he is so ignorant as to not know when to wear a helmet What is this, a Ralph Nader support group? Shhhhhiiiitttt.... And about the flat landing....IF you can stick it and the bike can take it, then hit it! It is on grass, not at the Red Bull Rampage...Wankers. Anyone who goes though the trouble of building a sweet ramp and rides a pimp ride like that can't be so stupid as to not know what he is doing. There, my 2 cents that is worth nothing.

Actually I could really careless what someone else thinks or does - helmet or not, but....Asn an example in California motorcycle street riding the actor Gary Busey cracks his melon while riding his HD and all of a sudden wearing helmets is a law. So some kid cracks his melon or maybe even a few and all of a sudden mountain bikes are extremley dangerous , who knows the results. So to those that say my actions are my own - wrong - sorry to say your actions affect us all in one way or another. Personally, I wear a helmet - you say you wear a helmet based on your confidence level or terrain, hmm thats gonna get you in trouble believe it or not.