Some Fun New Trails- Mtbr.com
    Moose Member

Some Fun New Trails

Troll (naming cred to b-kul): Starts a little higher than in the video, in some easy rock stuff. Turns right onto a road, then onto a bermed part of the road. it starts getting really fast here. it goes down a small 6"-1' drop that you can air about 10 feet down a small slope, over a small jump, then down into some moto whoops/rollers. if its any indication smurf and i were flying by moto riders...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EIVm0sYn6Pg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blender (naming cred to SMT): starts at the very very very peak of rattlesnake mountain. down a steep rocky shute, a tight left hand turn into a long left off-camber turn covered in 6" rock steps. Then into a big 1' rock step, which flows stait into the softest turn ever. just watch my tire slide. then a long soft downhill, a tight left into the moto part... moto part has some small drops and large jumps, but the jumps are too large to jump right now. maybe we'll get some shovel work done on them soon.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Jj_KqxvGjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quick Rant: Btw if you can ride these trails on a bmx or a road bike, I don't care, so don't share. Blender is muuuuuuuuuuuuch steeper and softer than it looks (see all the u's in much for emphasis?). Um working on my gopro angles still so please just enjoy it. I don't care how much better and faster than me you are, or how your gramma could do this run in a little red wagon faster than me, i think it's fun and want to share it with you... Please just enjoy it.

Thanks
    ----Moosey

PS... Next video will be a boring winter edit, but after that I'm bringing the JANK BACK!!! watch my winter riding video when its up for a jank sneak peek...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Nice vids! That angle was ok in the slower parts, but WAY too low for the faster parts, kinda disorienting actually. I'd like to see more, especially of the second trail.

mtbr member
    Yeah, that angle doesn't really put me on those trails. That whoop section looks super fun though!

Wanna ride bikes?
    Don't you dare **** with the moto jumps if people ride them regularly.

Do not ever make something easier because you can't ride it unless you know the owner and have consent.

Moose Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbox362
    Don't you dare **** with the moto jumps if people ride them regularly.

Do not ever make something easier because you can't ride it unless you know the owner and have consent.
    I have seen one group of riders on another moto section at rattlesnake in the half a year I've been going. I'm smart enough that if I do tweak anything it won't mess up the Motos lines at all...

I would never make anything easier. It takes away the challenge. What i was talking about was on blender there was a larger... Large table top jump. I'm thinking about making the left or right side (off in the weeds) steeper so I can catch some air.

mtbr member
    good for you on putting something together for you there... Even limited (driving and terrain) and yet your still not stopping... 2 huge to you man... Props and there needs to be more attitudes like this... Just overcome and ride because its fun...
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

meow meow
    hell yeah!

CoolArrow
    Nice work, look forward to seeing more of the second trail!
    Cool BandolArrow

Jerry Hazard website

C S
    mtbr member
    Great to see you guys building Looks like you don't have **** out there as far as natural lines, but you're doing good with what you have. Point that helmet cam up a bit, kinda sucks looking at the ground below you

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Maybe it was the camera angle, but I seriously didn't see anything that you described. No drops, whoops, guys on dirt bikes, or big jumps.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Archi-Magus
    Maybe it was the camera angle, but I seriously didn't see anything that you described. No drops, whoops, guys on dirt bikes, or big jumps.
    I'd say it was both..

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey

Blender (naming cred to SMT): care how much better and faster than me you are, or how your gramma could do this run in a little red wagon faster than me, i think it's fun and want to share it with you... Please just enjoy it.

naming credit goes to my GF....I am stoked you guys keep building stuff
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Moose Member
    Thanks guys for all the feedback. I watched a bunch of other go pro videos and have a better idea of the angle I need.

Archi, a lot of it is the angle, bit I want to make sure I didn't make everything sound bigger/ cooler than it is. On blender down in the moto section there is a huge jump, but we don't jump it, only motos can. It appears like a huge flat thing on video. Other than that there's no jumps really. On troll there is a 6"-1' drop that you can send 10feet down if you're hauling, but it's gradual and truly a 6" drop.

The whoops are there, they just look like rollers because were to small to take them like whoops... We talked to the moto-ers to make sure we weren't in their way or anything, and they said it's cool and they'd make sure we didn't run into them if we came riding down...

Oh and SMT, thank you GF please

mtbr member
    Dude, I could ride these trails on my bmx or even my road bike. That trail doesn't even look steep. I am much better and faster than you, and I bet my gramma could do those runs in a little red wagon faster than you. It doesn't even look fun.
    IS THIS SOMETHING YOU CAN SHARE WITH THE REST OF US AMAZING LARRY ?!?!?!

aircooled VW FTW

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosey
    I have seen one group of riders on another moto section at rattlesnake in the half a year I've been going. I'm smart enough that if I do tweak anything it won't mess up the Motos lines at all...

I would never make anything easier. It takes away the challenge. What i was talking about was on blender there was a larger... Large table top jump. I'm thinking about making the left or right side (off in the weeds) steeper so I can catch some air.

Good to hear

Members who have read this thread: 0