Some Advice for my new build- Mtbr.com
    I really like Cookies

Some Advice for my new build

Okay, so I recently decided to move a bit away from the dirt jump/urban ride style, and get into some freeride/downhill. My bike that I do most of my freeride right now is a 2009 Rockhopper. I just bought a 2008 Enduro SL Elite Frameset. I need some advice on what wheel, tires, single speed crank, 9 speed cassette, stem, bars, and brakes you guys have had luck with. Thanks
    Cookies + Dirt Jumping = Crack

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    outlaws,minions,saints,ultegra,v-one,v-one,elixirs

...fwiw i hate generalized "give me advice threads". you cant get good advice with just "hey pick my components". weight, terrain, riding style, etc have a lot to do with component choice.

I really like Cookies
    Look, Im going to beat this bike to hell. I plan on hitting everything that arkansas has to offer, which isn't ALOT, but thats when you make your own sections. Basically I want strong components, at a decent enough price. I work in a bike shop, so I can work everything off. Im not looking to ride just downhill on this bike, I'll probably end of doing alot more freeride at slaughterpen (arkansas's newest freeride/dirtjump park) than downhills at eureka (arkansas's best downhill trail). I want to run single up front, and 9 in the back. I want a strong wheelset (probably gonna go with either a set of dt swiss that come stock on the full enduro, or a set of mavic 823's.) I also want a few ideas on bars, stem, and tires.
    Cookies + Dirt Jumping = Crack

Premium Member
    DT 5.1's on Hope Pro II's (maybe 721 rims)
    Minion DH-F 3C tires
    Shimano SLX cranks (lighter than Saint, stronger than XT)
    Shimano HG-80 11-28 or XT 11-32 (depending on gear range you want)
    Sunline V-1 stem/bars
    Avid Juicy 7 / Elixir CR brakes (depending on price)

Members who have read this thread: 0