Snowshoe Anyone?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Snowshoe Anyone?

Anyone riding Snowshoe this weekend? Camping? Half the crew here bailed on tomorrow's ride, so I'm thinking about just going somewhere fun by myself or maybe bringing a friend if I can convince him.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Nope, moutain's closed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    Nope, moutain's closed.
    race?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Nah, I was just being difficult, that's what happens when you get bored at work :-)

There was a race last weekend I think. Should be going off this weekend, but rather wet considering the 80% chance of rain Sat and 100% chance on Sun.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Reamer
    Anyone riding Snowshoe this weekend? Camping? Half the crew here bailed on tomorrow's ride, so I'm thinking about just going somewhere fun by myself or maybe bringing a friend if I can convince him.
    eff them and still go
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    eff them and still go

Josh don't ride alone. I did that for a whole weekend and wound up ripping open the top of my mouth on the ball-n-jack trail half way down. Ya I was wearing a fullface. Came close to being knocked out too. Saw the black dots in my feild of vision closing in and they almost came to the center... ya know right before you lose consciousness. Had to ride down the rest of the way with no way to know how bad it was, bleeding all over and feeling my lip flap around on every bump. Wound up getting 9 stitches on the outside and 3 on the inside. This was on the last shuttle of the day and nobady was even on that side of the mountain so I would have been completely alone and they may not have even known I was out there. The bike shop guys just gave me a pass for free that day for shuttle access... they found on the ground.

Don't chance it, just find someone there riding and join 'em.

I have ridden all over... even Europe by myself for years. Never again though.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis
    Josh don't ride alone. I did that for a whole weekend .
    just ride with another group
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Reamer

dude just ride with the guys at the shop.i forgot the names of the 3 people we rode with. when i was at snowshoe last year my freind broke a part so the shop was fixing it for him and when they did the mechanic came out and rode with us. good god was he fast on the rental demo. then we rode with 2 trail inspector/maintance men on 2 different occasions. they even kept the trails open a little longer for us! i miss snowshoe
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

Members who have read this thread: 0