SMT NorCal Tour- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 57 of 57

Thread: SMT NorCal Tour

  1. #1
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929

    SMT NorCal Tour

    Sunday afternoon I will be riding Pacifica
    and April 12th I will be riding Auburn.....

    Send me a PM if you are interested in meeting up
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ianjenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,183
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Sunday afternoon I will be riding Pacifica
    and April 12th I will be riding Auburn.....

    Send me a PM if you are interested in meeting up
    Pacifica? Dude go over the GG and hit some other stuff. Not saying where but there is some OK stuff there!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,445
    trying to get together a quick crew for auburn! I expect between 4-10!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: his dudeness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,885
    Save your time and find someone who can show you the uber flowy and jump laden trails hidden away in the Santa Cruz mountains... And I'm not talking about that dogsh!t place called UCSC.

  5. #5
    Capricious youth...
    Reputation: Prettym1k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,814
    SMT, you should hit up Pacifica on Saturday. I'll be there.
    Meh.

  6. #6
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726
    I will be there Saturday as well. Pacifica that is.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

  7. #7
    Equal opportunity meanie
    Reputation: DHidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    We all know that SMT's not going to do Pacifica. It requires climbing.
    805

  8. #8
    Capricious youth...
    Reputation: Prettym1k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,814
    Haha... Anyone who considers Pacifica to have any "climbing" needs a swift kick in the no-nos.
    Meh.

  9. #9
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    We all know that SMT's not going to do Pacifica. It requires climbing.
    I push.......man I am totally against climbing
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  10. #10
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjenn
    Pacifica? Dude go over the GG and hit some other stuff. Not saying where but there is some OK stuff there!

    other days on "other stuff"
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: NAYR751's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    673
    If you want to ride in Marin you can PM me. Gotta earn your turns though.

  12. #12
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by novato kid
    If you want to ride in Marin you can PM me. Gotta earn your turns though.
    Lame I'm trying to keep that place SMT free.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  13. #13
    Equal opportunity meanie
    Reputation: DHidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I push.......man I am totally against climbing
    Then you're going to have a fun push up 1,200' vertical, including a steep singletrack push at the top.

    To whoever goes with SMT, make sure you put like 50-100 feet on him at the beginning of the climb so as not to have to listen to him b!tch the whole way up haha
    805

  14. #14
    wait...what?
    Reputation: CaliforniaNicco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    701
    Joaquin miller has some good stuff...I'll probably be there.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Lame I'm trying to keep that place SMT free.

    no kidding. ive been riding there lately and its been a ghost town. awesome

    ill be sure to steer clear of anywhere smt plans to go
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

  16. #16
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,436
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    ...jump laden...
    you obviously don't know smt...


  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    556
    April 12th is the Auburn Boy Scout Jamboree, is this a coincidence, or is SMT the Grand Marshall?

  18. #18
    pwn3rator
    Reputation: scabrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,640
    i'll be back home that weekend...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

  19. #19
    Takw/agranofsalt
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Lame I'm trying to keep that place SMT free.
    How about all of NorCal?

  20. #20
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    How about all of NorCal?
    Agreed. Lets start a Coalition.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  21. #21
    Capricious youth...
    Reputation: Prettym1k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Agreed. Lets start a Coalition.
    You shall ride Pacifica tomorrow.

    SJSU can wait.
    Meh.

  22. #22
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    You shall ride Pacifica tomorrow.

    SJSU can wait.
    The DHR isn't with me right now.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  23. #23
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    How about all of NorCal?
    too late...rode many parts already
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    556
    we want to do a rider exchange you keep Shiver up there and send a rider of your chose down south.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    we want to do a rider exchange you keep Shiver up there and send a rider of your chose down south.
    were not that stupid
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    April 12th is the Auburn Boy Scout Jamboree, is this a coincidence, or is SMT the Grand Marshall?
    Those poor boyscouts.....Some one needs to warn them to look out for the dirty old man with the cand bar in his pocket.

  27. #27
    P-51 Crew Chief #38
    Reputation: dhtahoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    603
    Hop over the hill to Reno on that Auburn trip and I'll show you some s**t SMT.
    Balls to the wall until you see god. Turn Left!

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    we want to do a rider exchange you keep Shiver up there and send a rider of your chose down south.
    You have to take all our single speed 29er riders! SMT can move into the dumpster behind Circle K, with the rest of the drunken vagrants.

  29. #29
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    You have to take all our single speed 29er riders! SMT can move into the dumpster behind Circle K, with the rest of the drunken vagrants.
    nah....dumpsters are not my style....I have the chips for rolling higher....but being drunken sounds good
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  30. #30
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by dhtahoe
    Hop over the hill to Reno on that Auburn trip and I'll show you some s**t SMT.
    come to Auburn !!!
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  31. #31
    P-51 Crew Chief #38
    Reputation: dhtahoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    come to Auburn !!!
    OK sucka I'm coming down to Auburn on 4/12/2009. Look for 09 V-10 driving a 04 Blue Subaru wagon that weekend. I look like this. YA F'ing douchbag.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dhtahoe; 04-10-2009 at 08:04 AM.
    Balls to the wall until you see god. Turn Left!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    275
    Bob I did some research for you, here's what I found...


    http://www.nighttours.com/sanfrancis...e/gay_map.html

  33. #33
    Equal opportunity meanie
    Reputation: DHidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    So what you're saying is that you're contributing to the Hollywood version of that page now that you aren't riding anymore??
    805

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Alloy
    Bob I did some research for you, here's what I found...


    http://www.nighttours.com/sanfrancis...e/gay_map.html

    They are to old, a map of all the elelementry schools and the closet YMCA to Auburn would serve him better.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by dhtahoe
    OK sucka I'm coming down to Auburn on 4/12/2009. Look for 09 V-10 driving a 04 Blue Subaru wagon that weekend. I look like this. YA F'ing douchbag.
    dhtahoe, I'm giving SMT a ride up, if all goes well my car should be fixed today, if it is then we'll be in a red Acura Integra (1991) and probably another car or two (we will still be going if its not fixed, we'll be in a honda civic with 4 bikes on top of that instead) with a canfield lucky with a boxxer WC/CCDB on it, an intense slopestyle, bob's m3, a giant faith, a reignX, a BLT2, an orange 09 V10 with a 40 on it, a dude with a knolly and a 66rc3 on it, a dude on an 07 enduro with demax's and possibly a dude on a glory. Should be a grand old time, were meeting at the top at around 10:30 or so, and we'll probably be shuttling till around 4. Don't know how many hikers will be out, but we may hit up some of the non moto trails like confluence and others if its not crazy out.

    I'll shoot you my phone number in a PM, always room for more people when shuttling!

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by dhtahoe
    OK sucka I'm coming down to Auburn on 4/12/2009. Look for 09 V-10 driving a 04 Blue Subaru wagon that weekend. I look like this. YA F'ing douchbag.

    I allways wondered who drove those "follow me" trucks at the airports! Cool job!

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    dhtahoe, I'm giving SMT a ride up, if all goes well my car should be fixed today, if it is then we'll be in a red Acura Integra (1991) and probably another car or two (we will still be going if its not fixed, we'll be in a honda civic with 4 bikes on top of that instead) with a canfield lucky with a boxxer WC/CCDB on it, an intense slopestyle, bob's m3, a giant faith, a reignX, a BLT2, an orange 09 V10 with a 40 on it, a dude with a knolly and a 66rc3 on it, a dude on an 07 enduro with demax's and possibly a dude on a glory. Should be a grand old time, were meeting at the top at around 10:30 or so, and we'll probably be shuttling till around 4. Don't know how many hikers will be out, but we may hit up some of the non moto trails like confluence and others if its not crazy out.

    I'll shoot you my phone number in a PM, always room for more people when shuttling!
    I'd like to see you try and fit all that, plus Bob's lard azz into a Hona Civic. I hope you put him in the hatchback!

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    I allways wondered who drove those "follow me" trucks at the airports! Cool job!
    Shiver drives an ice cream truck, often you'll hear him blasting "The Killers" in front of an elementary school, he claims it's a sweet shuttle vehicle.

  39. #39
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by dhtahoe
    OK sucka I'm coming down to Auburn on 4/12/2009. Look for 09 V-10 driving a 04 Blue Subaru wagon that weekend. I look like this. YA F'ing douchbag.
    never saw you.....but will's car broke down after 3rd run
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  40. #40
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by trail bait
    Shiver drives an ice cream truck, often you'll hear him blasting "The Killers" in front of an elementary school, he claims it's a sweet shuttle vehicle.
    kids are
    digging the hip hop now
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  41. #41
    P-51 Crew Chief #38
    Reputation: dhtahoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    never saw you.....but will's car broke down after 3rd run
    That's OK my XO shifter took a dive yesterday so no riding for me today. Sorry maybe next time.
    Balls to the wall until you see god. Turn Left!

  42. #42
    P-51 Crew Chief #38
    Reputation: dhtahoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    I allways wondered who drove those "follow me" trucks at the airports! Cool job!
    Follow me truck Up and coming race mechanic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Balls to the wall until you see god. Turn Left!

  43. #43
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by dhtahoe
    That's OK my XO shifter took a dive yesterday so no riding for me today. Sorry maybe next time.
    mine wasn't going lower then 3rd.....hard to keep up with those pedaling youngins
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  44. #44
    NICE KID...NICE
    Reputation: wookie freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    717

    Ha!

    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I push.......man I am totally against climbing


    Reading that made me spit out my drink a little.
    "At that point man, your just riding your bike."


    Transition


    Pedalshop

  45. #45
    Seeeriously easy Livin
    Reputation: Flystagg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,862
    Wish I'd seen this, would have been nice to meet the legend, definitely would have tried to make it out instead of just riding out at my local dirt jumps.

  46. #46
    Equal opportunity meanie
    Reputation: DHidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Don't feel too bad about it. He's actually pretty under-whelming in person.
    805

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,445
    My car is still in auburn. I discovered I had basic AAA, not premium. Also my bike fell off my rack at one point, and I lost quite a few center knobs.

    Luckily SMT was captain of the beer team, and brought lots. Then went and bought more. Still, up until my car broke down it was good times

  48. #48
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    My car is still in auburn. I discovered I had basic AAA, not premium. Also my bike fell off my rack at one point, and I lost quite a few center knobs.

    Luckily SMT was captain of the beer team, and brought lots. Then went and bought more. Still, up until my car broke down it was good times
    what is the status......I am calling a bad coil
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  49. #49
    Equal opportunity meanie
    Reputation: DHidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    What was it doing and what kind of car?
    805

  50. #50
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    What was it doing and what kind of car?
    older acura integra......last week melted distributator cap....he replaced wires and cap (not sure on rotor)....gas is getting to engine....didn't check spark....but it is something electrical I bet.....fully charged battery
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,445
    well, the shop telling me its the wrong coil entirely, which is leaving me pretty fuggin peeved, because I was clear on the paper to give me the price of an estimate, not the estimate itself, and they gave me an estimate and a 90 dollar price tag. They also want another 80 dollars for the part, and another 90 for installation. Fyck I wish it wasn't an hour away, I'd do it myself, and if napa fycked up and sold me the wrong part its on them, and I told them not to give me an estimate, but to tell me how much it would cost for the estimate itself. I'm not sure if I should fight the 90 dollar price tag for the estimate since I explicitly told them not to do it, and I basically told them what was wrong. Plus, I don't get the feeling they know what they're doing.

    So basically, I'm between a new (free, hopefully, at napa's cost) part and doing it myself and 280 to the shop. I don't know whether to just throw up my hands and say fyck it and let them do it and not have to deal with the hassle, or to tell them to fyck themselves and I'll do it myself.

  52. #52
    Equal opportunity meanie
    Reputation: DHidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Dude have you ever changed a spark plug? Just buy new plugs and coils, takes 15 minutes and you'll probably be golden. Less than $100 of parts.
    805

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    326
    Igniter not coil. It's a honda not a Chevy. Huge diff.
    Boycott Big Bear!

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by DHidiot
    Dude have you ever changed a spark plug? Just buy new plugs and coils, takes 15 minutes and you'll probably be golden. Less than $100 of parts.
    spark plugs were fine. I don't know alot about cars. I know how to take something apart and put it back together just fine, but since one of my friends is a full time mechanic, I figured I'd let him check it out for me.

    Anyway, looks like the honda updated the distributer and the new one is incompatible with my car. Napa sold me the new one, which burned out. The shop I left it at is getting me a manufacturer refurbed one for 290 dollars. A kick in the teeth for sure, but I looked into it and they're not trying to fyck me. Boned for having an old car, especially since its still at 68K miles.

    Should be up and running tomorrow morning

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trail bait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    You have to take all our single speed 29er riders! SMT can move into the dumpster behind Circle K, with the rest of the drunken vagrants.
    I was driving home from work today and noticed the amber alert posted on the side of the highway. What happened, I thought we had a deal.

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    No worries, were taking him to Bottleg Canyon this weekend. With any luck he"ll bother the wrong person in one of the casinos, and end up hog tied, naked , and dumped out in the middle of the Nevada desert.

  57. #57
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    No worries, were taking him to Bottleg Canyon this weekend. With any luck he"ll bother the wrong person in one of the casinos, and end up hog tied, naked , and dumped out in the middle of the Nevada desert.

    talk to greg...you might be coming down here to suffer punishment
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.