SLX Cranks and Gamut P20- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

SLX Cranks and Gamut P20

I mounted up SLX cranks and a Gamut P20 on an Intense SS. The bolts for the guide are very close to hitting the granny mounts. Is anyone running this combo (SLX and guide) and having issues?

I am worried that the spindle will move about and could cause the bolts to bind on the granny mounts. Anyone have experience?

Thanks for the help.

Meh.
    Since the Gamut doesn't have countersunk hardware, you may have to grind the granny mounts. Or you can find lower profile bolts. Or you can slightly grind the backplate to recess the bolts.

Premium Member
    Grind the granny tabs off/lower.

Calm Like a Bomb
    I have that setup on my Nomad and I just grinded the granny tabs.
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

https://www.instagram.com/jayparrington/

mtbr member
    I ground the granny mounts on my crank.

One tip someone gave me was once they knew the exact spot they wanted to mount the guide, they made their own recessed mounting holes on the back plate and got some counter sunk bolts. (just noticed XSL_WILL already said this)

Another thing I was thinking is maybe you could find some bolts with a torx head instead of allen head. Torx head bolts can be made flatter, so maybe with those bolts it might not rub. (XSL_WILL basically suggest this too, guess I should read more before I post)

But me I knew I would only use that crank for DH so I just got out the dremmel and started grinding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I want to keep the SLX cranks doable for front derailleur use in the future. I am going to attempt to space it over a bit with 1mm raceface spindle spacer. I think that should do the trick.

If I still need room, I will file the bolts down a bit.

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by leggatt
    I want to keep the SLX cranks doable for front derailleur use in the future. I am going to attempt to space it over a bit with 1mm raceface spindle spacer. I think that should do the trick.

If I still need room, I will file the bolts down a bit.

Thanks for the help.
    I saw a vid about the 2010 gamut lineup. The 2010 gamut stuff won't have any problems with clearance as they switched to flat bolts

Members who have read this thread: 0