Skateparks are crazy...- Mtbr.com
    Schmeow Productions

Skateparks are crazy...

wow, just did my first ever session at the cove skatepark. mad respect for bmx'ers. not only was i not able to keep up, but as they were blowing past me, they would be doing manuals, bunnyhops 5 feet in the air, etc... (ok, mabye not 5 ft, but u get the idea).

thanks freeriderizzle for "showing me the ropes", and sorry to hear about your pedal meeting your face a little too soon. after you left, i started getting somewhat high on the big berm thing (for me).

so i guess this thread is mainly just about skateparks and how crazy they are. post any reply relating to skateparks and/or ho insane they are.

V10 Freerider
    I ride a 20" at the park and am humbled every time by the groms and thier skilz.

I love it. I try to ride at least twice a week.
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenschwinn
    I ride a 20" at the park and am humbled every time by the groms and thier skilz.

I love it. I try to ride at least twice a week.
    ya.... i know that feeling.

today was fun because when i first got in freeriderizzle was there and showed me the basics to the bowls..... then i just did that the whole time.

Prof. of Doomology
    its really messed up how their bikes weigh like 50 pounds and yet they are still able to maintain such a high level of control, such as bunny hoping like 5 ft in the air. mad props to the bmxers
    I ain't got time to bleed - Jesse Ventura, Predator

My name......Inigo Montoya....you have killed my father......prepare to die! - Mandy Patinkin, The Princess Bride

dirt rules
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    wow, just did my first ever session at the cove skatepark. mad respect for bmx'ers. not only was i not able to keep up, but as they were blowing past me, they would be doing manuals, bunnyhops 5 feet in the air, etc... (ok, mabye not 5 ft, but u get the idea).
    There is some sk8park footage in this vid:
    http://huckit.net/files/new.wmv

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    My local park is insane when it's raining... sooo slippery. If you even try going up a ramp sideways, your back wheel will just slide out from under you.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoom
    its really messed up how their bikes weigh like 50 pounds and yet they are still able to maintain such a high level of control, such as bunny hoping like 5 ft in the air. mad props to the bmxers
    Just so you know a good bmx bike wont weigh anything close to 50 pounds. A nice one is actually going to be really light. I know some awesome riders that have bikes that are only like 22-23 pounds.

V10 Freerider
    That is REALLY light for a freestyle bike... Mine is in the thirties and I like it that way. It feels way more stable in the air. Less twitchy.
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

dirt rules
    I would say that the average weight for street/park BMX bikes is a little over 30 pounds. Some guys run them a bit lighter, but not much.
    Race bikes will pretty much all be sub 30s and some in the low 20s

Prof. of Doomology
    yeah i know nothing about bmx, i saw some at the lbs and they were heavy so i went off of that.
    I ain't got time to bleed - Jesse Ventura, Predator

My name......Inigo Montoya....you have killed my father......prepare to die! - Mandy Patinkin, The Princess Bride

pwn3rator
    my local park bit my wheel yesterday http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=110043 ...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

650 yay area
    Riding park is sick.

high school loser
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_hoppus16
    My local park is insane when it's raining... sooo slippery. If you even try going up a ramp sideways, your back wheel will just slide out from under you.
    i always go down to our park in the rain. its the only time when nobodys ther. going to skate parks is fun. nice change, get to use some dif skills.
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

Kill that $hit!
    It's really too bad they closed down the Vans park here in the bay area. That place was hellza fun on bikes.

Got Doubles? Pun Intended
    Mar 2005
    JB...did you get the quarterly pass or just the day pass???
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pamela Anderson

"Freeriderizzle is soo haut right now"

KOKOPELLI RACING

Upland Pipeline

they closed the van's park in ontario too.

when i was a gromm, i used to ride the upland pipeline skatepark on my gt pro performer. back in the day, i could get the bike just past 9:00 & 3:00 in the full pipes. freestyle greats like eddie fiola, r.l. osbourne, and mike dominguez used to frequent those parks. those guys were amazing.

i just ordered a transition t-or-p, and intend to hit some local parks to see if these old bones have anything left. can't wait!!!!
    kokopelli racing

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by freeriderizzle
    JB...did you get the quarterly pass or just the day pass???
    just the day.... it is so fvcking stupid that we have to pay the same amount for a quarterly pass as the skaters. we only get 1/6th of the time in there that they do. plus i won't be able to make it close to every session, mabye once a week. gonna go order the sherman jumper on monday, riding that z150 in there was insane. but it did save my butt today at the dj's- i totally overshot the first one and nose dived into the middle. it would've killed my wrists of i only had 80mm of travel! i bottomed with 150!