sinister: ridge vs. dna- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

sinister: ridge vs. dna

okay,
    i looked at the sinster website to compare frame specs and i am still not sure about which frame is better.
    not really considering a banshee any more (previous post) but still thinking about an evil imp.
    the dna def is tighter geo. wise and the ridge is more trail oriented. basically the only main diff. i saw were top tube length and seat tube length, the bb is a bit lower on the dna.
    on the dna i like tighter geo. for street and esp. on dirt jumps. but when i have to climb (which i suck at anyway) the ridge would be better cause i need to be able to keep up with my friends on the singletrack.
    i guess i am just concerned that when i take a ridge to the dirt jumps or street i will be racking myself and that the dna is gonna feel too small in the cockpit on singletrack.

help!

l337 |31k3r
    Quote Originally Posted by anti-spandex
    okay,
    i looked at the sinster website to compare frame specs and i am still not sure about which frame is better.
    not really considering a banshee any more (previous post) but still thinking about an evil imp.
    the dna def is tighter geo. wise and the ridge is more trail oriented. basically the only main diff. i saw were top tube length and seat tube length, the bb is a bit lower on the dna.
    on the dna i like tighter geo. for street and esp. on dirt jumps. but when i have to climb (which i suck at anyway) the ridge would be better cause i need to be able to keep up with my friends on the singletrack.
    i guess i am just concerned that when i take a ridge to the dirt jumps or street i will be racking myself and that the dna is gonna feel too small in the cockpit on singletrack.

help!
    Well the way I look at it is.... The ridge already has the all arround Geo. that your looking for. The D.N.A. is more purpos built. I think you would be better off with the ridge because the D.N.A. is a street/urban/dj bike, and if your doing more then street/urban/dj the minor tweaks on the ridge will help you out a lot IMO.
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramatica
    Well the way I look at it is.... The ridge already has the all arround Geo. that your looking for. The D.N.A. is more purpos built. I think you would be better off with the ridge because the D.N.A. is a street/urban/dj bike, and if your doing more then street/urban/dj the minor tweaks on the ridge will help you out a lot IMO.
    good advice, but i was thinking...what if i got a dna with a longer top tube? say a medium instead of a small?
    but point taken on the ridge all-round.
    looks like its going to be between the ridge and the evil imp.
    gracias