single speed or new 9 speed set up?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

single speed or new 9 speed set up?

im in a position now where i have enough money to start building up my kona scrap for urban and dirtjumping only. i got my m1 with everything i want on it so im set for dh. i've saved enough so i can now start building the kona up. right now it has a two ring set up in the front with an alivio F.D. and R.D. i've broken the R.D. and had alot of hassle with it. now that im only riding the kona for urban/dj i wonder should i just go single speed? i would have a 36T srocket with a bash guard and a strong chain. this would be less expensive and more simple then getting a new R.D. and buying an e13 srs system with a 36T sprocket. just wondering from people who have experience with the set ups and have anything to say about it. either way i want it to be set up with the best parts so if i got a new R.D. i'd be getting an XT or sram X.0 or something. just looking for some ideas... thanks

Schmeow Productions
    deinatly SS......

Meh.
    Since it's just for urban and DJ, I say go singlespeed. 2 to 1 gear ratio works pretty well. For ultra bling, use a half-link chain.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    go single

Members who have read this thread: 0