• 06-30-2005
    ajw8899
    Simple bike adjustments for an idiot
    Im definetly no mechanic. Can somebody tell me how i can tighten up my Hayes HFX 9's? When I grab all of the brake the lever hits the handlebar. What do I have to adjust? What do I need? It seems too trivial to take it to a shop. I know I sound like an idiot.

Also, my grip starting spinning after my trip to Mt. Snow. Does this mean I need a new one or can it be fixed? Its the stock grips from a 2005 Gemini 900 if that helps any.

Thanks
  • 06-30-2005
    DanD
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ajw8899
    Im definetly no mechanic. Can somebody tell me how i can tighten up my Hayes HFX 9's? When I grab all of the brake the lever hits the handlebar. What do I have to adjust? What do I need? It seems too trivial to take it to a shop. I know I sound like an idiot.

Also, my grip starting spinning after my trip to Mt. Snow. Does this mean I need a new one or can it be fixed? Its the stock grips from a 2005 Gemini 900 if that helps any.

Thanks

bleed your brake and buy some lock on grips.
  • 06-30-2005
    MX 887
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DanD
    bleed your brake and buy some lock on grips.

Before you bleed your brakes just try screwing the lever reach adjustment allen screw in. It will come out after a few days.
  • 06-30-2005
    Arkon
    problem one- screw in the allen screw so your lever adjusts out farther first. If you are still having a problem, look at bleeding the system. (i don't know what "they will come out in a few days" is in reference too)

As far as the grips go- you can glue your grips on or buy a set of lock ons. a slipping grip does not mean the grip is bad. Lock ons are a nice cheap upgrade though.