sign this petition for SB trail use- Mtbr.com
    Glad to Be Alive

sign this petition for SB trail use

the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Hey my sister just accepted a job in SB, how's the scene there, is this where you, WCH, zach and all the other's live and ride? I'm going to be making some trips to visit her this winter when it's frigid @ss cold here that's for sure!

BTW, petition signed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Do this even if you aren't a Santa Barbarian, these are some of the finest downhill trails in California; long, shuttleable, raw, rocky and techy... Plus you get a souvineer bell at the begginning of every ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mogur
    Do this even if you aren't a Santa Barbarian, these are some of the finest downhill trails in California; long, shuttleable, raw, rocky and techy... Plus you get a souvineer bell at the begginning of every ride.
    Souvineer? They are ment to be returned at the bottom of the trail. They are funded by riders making donations, and doing all we can to keep the trails open. Go ahead and take one but donate!
    http://www.sbmtv.org/

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I was just being silly, but I also was not aware of any boxes for them to be placed in at the bottom of Tunnel at least? Where's it at? I dont' live in SB anymore but still ride down there when I get the chance.

mtbr member

Zach is in NorGnarCal.

Quote Originally Posted by Reamer
    Hey my sister just accepted a job in SB, how's the scene there, is this where you, WCH, zach and all the other's live and ride? I'm going to be making some trips to visit her this winter when it's frigid @ss cold here that's for sure!

BTW, petition signed.
    Signed...
    But even a lousy downhill run is better than a day in the office!
    "SunnyRaceGirl"

www.specialized.com

Glad to Be Alive

BTW, petition signed.
    yep where all within an hour except Zach....definately bring your bike and Armour...expect temps in the low 70's and 60's
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by mogur
    always support ANY TRAIL from being closed to bikers

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Now that you mention it I havent noticed any return boxes because I have a bell I bought years ago. Could be wrong on the return policy but someone has to pay for um. Even a small, few dollar donation is something to help the cause. Hope I didn't come across as coming down on you, just hate to see my backyard shut down.

My arm hurts a little
    Nahh!!! SB has the crappiest Trails and Weather for any DH town I ever been to. The Locals are big and Mean, I would'nt ride a bike there if I were you guys. :P

AHHAHA I Frinking love this town!!

The Bell rule in town. Use it till you lose it!!!! The out-of-towners should put them back though.
    Last edited by #1ORBUST; 06-08-2006 at 03:56 PM.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

My arm hurts a little
    Live SB shot from my Office. Ahh Tunnel Smash in T-mins 60min.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hardtail downhill

mtbr member
    So any of you guys got any reccomendations for renting in the area? She has to commute to Oxnard twice a week, but will be working in SB the other 3 days, she's a occupational therapist, basically the same thing as a physical therapist. Any rent tips is mucho appreciated

I'll try and get the boys from Spokejunkies to come sign the waiver.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    you guys ever been to Illinois? Some crazy hills there I tell you, crazy

Xtremely Moderate
    Tunnel & Cold Springs are sweet.

Signed.............
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    signed, sticky?

Glad to Be Alive
    So any of you guys got any reccomendations for renting in the area? She has to commute to Oxnard twice a week, but will be working in SB the other 3 days, she's a occupational therapist, basically the same thing as a physical therapist. Any rent tips is mucho appreciated

I'll try and get the boys from Spokejunkies to come sign the waiver.
    Oxnard and Ventura will be cheaper than SB....if she is real cute she could live in Simi w/me

My arm hurts a little
    Oxnard and Ventura will be cheaper than SB....if she is real cute she could live in Simi w/me
    Ya That's what I was going to Say. SB is re-donkey-diclous when it comes to renting. $1400. + Util. for a shack of Studio!!!

Better off in Oxnard and commute to SB. That's what 99% of my office dose. (Most live in Santa Maria and Drive over an Hour one way to get to work)

You can go to www.sbnewspress.com then the classifieds and look. And they have the links to all of the Mangment Compaines in Town.

Goodluck!!
    Hardtail downhill

Members who have read this thread: 0