SID shock technical Issue- Mtbr.com
    No Fear

SID shock technical Issue

We have got a Sid rear shock here which had an internal problem .Opened it up fixed it and now I have an issue in the rebuild .

Think I need a Nitrogen charge yup?? There is an IFP in the main shaft .It isolates the damper fluid from some pressurized gas .
    There is a little port at the end of the main shaft with a small screw .But when I open it it seems to have some kind of isolation from inside . like a permanent isolation as Fox Vanilla Rís have at the end of their reservoir .
    The question is that am I right in my guess ? Is it a permanent isolation and we need a Nitrogen charge??

If so as I cant find one local I have to do the same thing I did to my friends Vanilla .Break the isolation and set a valve on it via machine work and turn it into a serviceable IFP design.
    By the way i always thought what SID stands for ...Its an old model it had a logo on it.

Super light Inteligent Design.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I think there is an Air valve adaptor you can buy from SRAM that attaches to that hole
    It looks something like this

http://www.ride-this.com/index.php/r...shock-ifp.html

While the title says Vivid and Monarch, the description says its for the service of all rockshox air/coil rear shocks. But given your experience Saber, i reckon you could fashion up a much better air vavle assembly!

Members who have read this thread: 0