Shuttle Buddy- Mtbr.com

Thread: Shuttle Buddy

mtbr member

Shuttle Buddy

www.shuttlebuddy.com
    Looks like its powered like a go-ped.... easily removable and light. Sweet idea!
    They call out a certain tire type though... a semi slick. I don't know about everyone else, but theres no way that I'm going to run that type of tire on my DH bike here in AZ. So that's whats stopping me from even considering it.

Does anyone else have one of these?
    If so, does it mess up DH tires?

I was thinking instead of a wheel rubbing on the tire, use a sprocket and run a chain to an unused gear cog, might solve that issue.. ? Keeping the chain aligned through suspension travel would be the hard part though, but I think it could be done.

mtbr member
    Looks heavy to carry in a pack on the way down. I'd hate to crash with that being on my back. Definately innovative though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    We don't have any dh trails where that would even be useful. You cant go dirt biking in the forest up any of trails we ride.

mtbr member
    I think they claim 7lbs... I'm guessing dry weight
    I can fluctuate that with a healthy breakfast, a full camelpack, and tools... Which I can keep a fresh PB&J and some beers with the truck at the bottom. haha Seriously though 7lbs isnt much for DH, IMO.

There's not much info on their website about the product.

yeah, uh............bikes

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ccspecialized
    We don't have any dh trails where that would even be useful. You cant go dirt biking in the forest up any of trails we ride.
    Do you only ride up your trails and then back down them? or do you drive a car to the top? If you don't then you don't shuttle period and something like this isn't useful to you.

Something like this would be ok, but a 7pound weight on your back would take some getting used to on true DH trails. I notice the difference when I have a camelback or not.

mtbr member
    Thanks Florida, I saw that post already.
    That topic was to discuss the video, yet had people just complaining about the prices.
    I didn't think my questions and concerns about the tires would get answered.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Shuttle buddies are SICK!!! The only thing cooler is a sweet homemade bar mounted light set up!

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by kubo
    Thanks Florida, I saw that post already.
    That topic was to discuss the video, yet had people just complaining about the prices.
    I didn't think my questions and concerns about the tires would get answered.
    yeah, i remembered the video and some talk about tires, thought the guy might have mentioned that he had a more aggressive tire than semi slick. FWIW, when i was a kid some buddies had little gas scooters (go-peds) that ran the same tire-on-tire setup and it would chew thru the scooter tires pretty quick. i would imagine it would be the same on a DH tire, but it might not be bad if you can find a nice cheap tire.

banned
    Give it 2 weeks...

The OP thinks he is MacGruber.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...homemade+light

Members who have read this thread: 0