Should I sell my bike or keep it?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Should I sell my bike or keep it?

Hey guys, just looking for some advice.

I've been riding a downhill race bike the last couple of years, and while it's great at Whistler during the summer, I find it is really lacking on the north shore and other trails.

I find I have a lot of difficulty doing skinnies and sometimes it's hard to make gaps--hard to make it pop.

It also weighs about 46lbs and is a bit of a struggle going up the hill to the trailhead.

However, it's a lot of fun on the way down, and I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or not.

It has a pretty nice component spec (729, mag30, the good 888, etc) and I am leery about selling it after having it for so long!

Ideally I would want to ride something like a Giant Reign X0, but they are way out of my price range.

If I sold my bike I would likely get $1600 CAD, and would use that and a few extra hundred to purchase a bike in the off-season (i.e. soon).

What are your opinions on this? I just paid $170 getting my bike fixed/tuned and it feels really great, but I don't do any DH racing.

Any advice at all would be great! Thanks.

P.S. If anyone is super-keen and wants to give me some advice over msn, my contact is fuchikomatta at hotmail.com, without the spaces.

Glad to Be Alive
    shore bike ....ask EBFreerider....I think they all love the 6 and 6 bikes
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0