Short TT and longer stem VS longer TT and shorter stem- Mtbr.com
    Roll on Spring Time!

Short TT and longer stem VS longer TT and shorter stem

Will a longer TT frame with a shorter stem feel the same as a shorter TT and longer stem?
    I am not talking about steering as I am aware that will change significantly, I am talking about the feel of the bike. I would just like to have the choice of a 50-70mm stem range on a 23.1" frame I feel I need to go to 80/90mm to be comfy.
    I am running a medium Wildcard with a 65mm stem and it rips for jumping and DH but its cramped for pedaling. I am looking into a new frame which will be more plush for rougher trails, still pedal well for climbing and longer rides and I am haveing trouble with sizing.
    The Derium frame in medium is identical to the Wildcard but the seat tube is longer and at 18" is my comfortable maximum. The large has a better TT length but the seat tube length is 20" I would prolly order the DT tomorrow if the seat toob was 18" on the large.
    The large Can Diggle is a tab longer at 23.5" TT and the Maelstrom 23.5" for the medium and 24.3" for the large, both with a comfy 17.7" seat tube.
    Any thoughts? I am placing a huge amount of priority on Geometry for my next bike hoping to get it perfect.

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Have you thought about going custom on the geometry?

I dont know what the knolly costs but the Nicolai Helius FR on paper is a very similar beast, difference being you can tailor the geometry to suit. Over on the Nicolai forum one of the guys has done a comparison i'll try and find it.

Different prices depending what you change, full tailor is about 300 ukp surcharge, unsure where you are in the world (Korea?). It is expensive but build quality is absolutley awesome.

This is what i went with altho the bottom bracket was lowered since this drg. was done.

Just an idea
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

Members who have read this thread: 0