A short movie I threw together.- Mtbr.com
    The Beaver

A short movie I threw together.

Located in NC (not getting anymore specific)... mostly just fireroad stuff.

I am open to suggestions... especially from other video makers.

<object width="400" height="300"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1240603&amp;server=www.vimeo .com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_p ortrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /> <embed src="http://www.vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1240603&amp;server=www.vimeo .com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_p ortrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.vimeo.com/1240603?pg=embed&sec=1240603">Devotion</a> from <a href="http://www.vimeo.com/user366543?pg=embed&sec=1240603">Danny Cesare</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com?pg=embed&sec=1240603">Vimeo</a>.

No Clip in this movie was sped-up, although it looks that way at times (at least to me)... this trail is crazy fast.

Youtube (updated movie)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NoaIOLumJE
    Last edited by Mwehahaha; 06-27-2008 at 05:27 AM.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

******ed or Branded??
    Nice vid!!! Dang that must of have took you all day to make this vid. Must be nice to have all that free time!

I can ride a two-wheeler
    nice riding yo

...one thing I like to put in my videos is starting most clips on music cues or certain beats in the song

The Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    Nice vid!!! Dang that must of have took you all day to make this vid. Must be nice to have all that free time!
    nope... only about 2 hours... and that was after working a 10 hour day in a hot kitchen.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

pwn3rator
    my suggestions: make it not so lame...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

I can ride a two-wheeler
    Quote Originally Posted by scabrider
    my suggestions: make it not so lame...

.....please leave that crap on pinkbike

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Based on the fact that the camera never moves during a shot, I'd say you filmed yourself or that this is one of those "self-shot" video's which are very limited in what you can do.

Given THOSE limitations it's not bad for what it is, edit out the long shots of you gearing up and getting ready to go, and some shots look a bit overexposed (too much light) Get the white balance adjusted before you begin shooting and your shots will look better.

Also if you have a vision in your head of the music and how the video images will match to the music BEFORE you start it can be helpful.

If you just shoot some random footage and then try to find some music to fit after sometimes it doesn't come out as "well-matched"

Freetard.
    Nice. I think the whole thing would look better with some better exposure. Keep trying at it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Those cables on the Socom look flexy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by General Havoc
    edit out the long shots of you gearing up and getting ready to go, and some shots look a bit overexposed (too much light) Get the white balance adjusted before you begin shooting and your shots will look better.

I thought the gearing up shot was tooo long

The light made it tough to concentrate on the riding. Although, I did like the effect of the brightness on the dust coming up.

I like the ghost clone. (I just learned to clone today, so now I will want to figure out the ghost clone)

Nice video for doing everything yourself

The Beaver
    Thanks for the input guys... I worked on the timing a little and posted an updated link.

About the exposure... the video on the camera looks 50x better than what cam onto my computer and then 50x better than the web.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

Ideas Above My Station...
    only small but; it's droPPing not droping.

Is it me or do you looked way too tucked down with your elbows out. I'm no expert, but thats going to be a stem in the neck if you come-a-cropper!!!

Also think it needs more energy, closer cut clips, there are a few shots, like the one where you start pedalling which take all the energy out. Unless these type of shots are done with slow-mo, or really detailed close-ups, they just look dull.

Don't mean to sound negative, good work for having a crack.
    I find that after the first one and some good feedback, the second is usually significantly better. Plus, i agree about visuallising what you want from the video before shooting, as much as possible.

Good luck, and have fun.

check your six
    I liked it! Nice and fast...... mmmmm.... fast...
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Ricky DH
    I love the way you edited that "slide out" pretty freaking cool

pwn3rator
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    .....please leave that crap on pinkbike
    because i have a pinkbike account and post over there all the time...i honestly thought the video was kinda slow and boring. good riding and stuff, but kinda slow and boring...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

The Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Goblin
    only small but; it's droPPing not droping.

Is it me or do you looked way too tucked down with your elbows out. I'm no expert, but thats going to be a stem in the neck if you come-a-cropper!!!

Also think it needs more energy, closer cut clips, there are a few shots, like the one where you start pedalling which take all the energy out. Unless these type of shots are done with slow-mo, or really detailed close-ups, they just look dull.

Don't mean to sound negative, good work for having a crack.
    I find that after the first one and some good feedback, the second is usually significantly better. Plus, i agree about visuallising what you want from the video before shooting, as much as possible.

Good luck, and have fun.

Thanks, I will work on the energy level for sure. Thanks for the detailed suggestions.

It was about midnight when I was writing the stuff for those slides... stupid double PP's

Also about the riding position... I am normally a lot more upright, but for some reason I got all tucked for the camera... most of this trail is going down at about a 45+ degree angle also.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

The Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06
    I liked it! Nice and fast...... mmmmm.... fast...
    Yeah it's fast... in the bottom section I am almost spinning out a 40=12..

Thanks... I like it too.
    \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

Glad to Be Alive
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs!!!!
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0