Which shock?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Which shock?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Which shock?

I'm on the market for a new rear shock and am having problems deciding between Fox DHX 5 and Marzocchi Roco TST R. Also i will not be pushing the fox or marzocchi. I plan on ordering in the next day or two. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glad to Be Alive
    Marzocchi Roco TST......very insane shock.....I am not digging my fox...leaks air and I have replaced the valve......Alloy (pro-racer johnny loves the Roco TST)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Marzocchi Roco TST......very insane shock.....I am not digging my fox...leaks air and I have replaced the valve......Alloy (pro-racer johnny loves the Roco TST)

Bob, dont do an Alloy to Shiver ME Timbers translation, and dhx 5.0s are great if yours is leaking sent it to push and get it tuned and it will be the best shock you ever rode.

freeride jerk
    i say marz rocco
    SHANTY

~~~~~~~~
    I switched from a DHX 5 to a Cane Creek Double Barrel last week while I was in whistler. Did some runs on the DHX before the swap and the CCDB shames the DHX. I was considering a Roco but found a good deal on the CCDB so I went for it. This shock offers superior adjustability and I'm certain it will prove to be the most durable shock out there as well.

What bike? if your looking at the TST keep in mind that this feature compromises big hit performance for climbing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj Pope
    i say marz rocco
    I'm going to have to go Fox on this one. Also, why do people insist on spelling ROCO with two "c"s?

Members who have read this thread: 0