Shivers on my Demo 9- Mtbr.com
    Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005

Shivers on my Demo 9

O.K. I`m putting Shivers on my Demo after pondering and considering many different choices.Anyone running Shivers on their Demo 9? If so,are there any gripes about it? I was on Marz`s site and the Shiver DC is pretty much the same overall length as a 888,so I don`t think it will lower the BB any more than if I had a 888 on it.Float me some knowledge bros.Thanx.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    I think there's a guy called Tmoney that posts on here who rides that combo, why not the 888rc though bro?
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Renegade of Krunk
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    I think there's a guy called Tmoney that posts on here who rides that combo, why not the 888rc though bro?
    Cuz they looks so damn cool.
    I'm not new to this, I'm true to this

Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005

yup...

Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    the shiver is a way more reliable fork than the 888. weight difference is practicly nothing. The shiver is twice as bombproof as the 888 anyday as well.
    Exactly Zach.Plus I have Shivers on my Kona and they are just sweet.I rode this weekend and all I could think was,"Damn,this fork just rocks out with it`s cock out."

Glad to Be Alive
    arrr ye matey...be sportin de Shiver...well Shiver me Timbers. da sweet winds a blowin'....arrrrr
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Damn,this fork just rocks out with it`s cock out"
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

SNOWRIDER
    Quote Originally Posted by [SBF]SaSQuATCH
    O.K. I`m putting Shivers on my Demo after pondering and considering many different choices.Anyone running Shivers on their Demo 9? If so,are there any gripes about it? I was on Marz`s site and the Shiver DC is pretty much the same overall length as a 888,so I don`t think it will lower the BB any more than if I had a 888 on it.Float me some knowledge bros.Thanx.
    you only have one headtube correct? Where the hell you going to put the other one?
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

18 years old
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Deweydude
    you only have one headtube correct? Where the hell you going to put the other one?

the new demos now have 2 headtubes. side by side so you can put 2 forks up front. what im going to do it get a 9 and a 6 inch fork, so when the 9 inch uses its travel, the 6 comes in and uses its!
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    ...it's just that when I'm wondering what things are like head tube, seat post, cranks, flux capacitor, SS, FS, hardtail...

SNOWRIDER
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyStryker
    the new demos now have 2 headtubes. side by side so you can put 2 forks up front. what im going to do it get a 9 and a 6 inch fork, so when the 9 inch uses its travel, the 6 comes in and uses its!
    WOW I want one (or should 1 say 2)
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller

Renegade of Krunk
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyStryker
    Standard when you droppin 30 footers to flat.
    I'm not new to this, I'm true to this

SNOWRIDER
    that cracks me up you hear peeps on here all the time sayin man I am gonna get me such and such pair of forks

mtbr member
    hahaha, the two head tube thing with the 2 forks reminds me of the karpiel or something, the bike with a coil shock and also and air shock on one bike. yeah that shiver is a great fork, but why not just keep the 888?

Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005

Gonna have to keep the 888...

Damnit.I talked to techs at Marzocchi and Specialized today.Both of them said no dice on putting Shivers on a Demo 9.The BB height would be too low,since the Demo was designed around a 888.It`s not that it wouldn`t work,it`d just that it would definately lower it,and I`m a fat ass weighing in at 230 lbs. Therefore,I would be clipping everything on the ground.But like I told ShiverMeTimbers,there are worse things in life that can happen.I`m just grateful I can build this bike,let alone ride a bike.Some peeps can`t even walk,so I`m one lucky bastard.As for the 2 headtubes thing,I was planning on putting the 888 in my ass and playing it like a tuba.

Glad to Be Alive
    Damnit.I talked to techs at Marzocchi and Specialized today.Both of them said no dice on putting Shivers on a Demo 9.The BB height would be too low,since the Demo was designed around a 888.It`s not that it wouldn`t work,it`d just that it would definately lower it,and I`m a fat ass weighing in at 230 lbs. Therefore,I would be clipping everything on the ground.But like I told ShiverMeTimbers,there are worse things in life that can happen.I`m just grateful I can build this bike,let alone ride a bike.Some peeps can`t even walk,so I`m one lucky bastard.As for the 2 headtubes thing,I was planning on putting the 888 in my ass and playing it like a tuba.

Shiver not Shivers...anyway sad sad sad for you....how about a monster??

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Dude, that's BS. I run a boxxer WC on mine(much lower than a shiver) and it's perfect. Lower BB height means better handling, get the appropriate spring to give you proper sag and you should have no problems with the shiver. Demo 9s don't ride good with 888s, well with out lower crouwns.
    JackNugz

no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005
    [QUOTE=SHIVER ME TIMBERS]Shiver not Shivers...anyway sad sad sad for you....how about a monster??[/QUOMonster is just way too heavy for my taste.I rode a Scream with a Monster on it and I just didn`t like it.But not dissin` on it,just my opinion.

Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005
    Dude, that's BS. I run a boxxer WC on mine(much lower than a shiver) and it's perfect. Lower BB height means better handling, get the appropriate spring to give you proper sag and you should have no problems with the shiver. Demo 9s don't ride good with 888s, well with out lower crouwns.
    I rode a Demo with a 888 and stock crowns and it felt good.Of course I`m 6`3" and have a long reach,so it was fine for me.It handled great in my opinion.I don`t race DH I just jump and huck and ride technical sections.I need all the clearance I can get.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    I rode a Demo with a 888 and stock crowns and it felt good.Of course I`m 6`3" and have a long reach,so it was fine for me.It handled great in my opinion.I don`t race DH I just jump and huck and ride technical sections.I need all the clearance I can get.
    I'm just a smidge under 6'1 and like ~175lbs on a medium demo 9. Personal preferance is personal preferance, but if you like to turn atleast get the low riders. Have fun on your new bike though, man. Demo 9's are def. sweet bikes.
    JackNugz

Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005
    I'm just a smidge under 6'1 and like ~175lbs on a medium demo 9. Personal preferance is personal preferance, but if you like to turn atleast get the low riders. Have fun on your new bike though, man. Demo 9's are def. sweet bikes.
    The tech at Marz. said I might want to run a flat crown on bottom and a stock on top.That kind of seemed funky to me.Well,I`ll ride around on the 888 stock for awhile and if I end up not liking it,I`ll go for the flatties.Thanx for your input Kona.

Team
    The tech at Marz. said I might want to run a flat crown on bottom and a stock on top.That kind of seemed funky to me.Well,I`ll ride around on the 888 stock for awhile and if I end up not liking it,I`ll go for the flatties.Thanx for your input Kona.
    Or if you don't like it you could get a Shiver. Used Shiver's are running pretty cheap right now...

mtbr member
    only thing i can chime in with is i run a flat lower crown and stock upper crown on my 888....
    otherwise the flat top one would clamp too high on the stanchions... you still get the lowered front end. that's all

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    Hmm..I like the Shiver to bad it won't work out for ya dude.
    Life is to short... get out and ride

mtbr member
    Ok, here is my experiance. I have an 04' d9 with an 04 shiver. I have some measurement numbers for anybody interested. I have droped the fork legs as far as possible down in the crowns and have about 585mm axle to crown length. I think a 888 has like 605 at the longest. so you loose about an inch in length. However i measured the BB height at 14.5 inches in the lower BB setting which should be 14.7. I will say, i have destroyed some pedals on rocks, but it rails corners. I think the shiver will work fine, but the geometry numbers specialized gives are in reference to the 888 installed. Its your coice, but i think the shiver works fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team
    Nice man got any more photos?