Shiver on my Sunday?- Mtbr.com
    Resident Crash Tester
    Nov 2004

Shiver on my Sunday?

Just curious what you guys think about running a shiver on my new Sunday? Running my boxxer team right now (with new tune) and it's ok but it still doesn't feel that plush to me.

High speed square edge hits/small bump compliance seems to be lacking some and I'm running nearly no high speed comp and the low speed is backed off as well. Oil weights changed (7.5wt comp, 5wt reb) and it's decent but still feels like it beats me up still. It's light and that's it's only saving grace.

Wondering how a shiver would work out (01' specifically)? Not sure what carts the 01 runs (HSVC)? I'm under the assumption that all years are similar. I'm a bigger guy (6'3" and like 220 and change geared up) so I think it'd be a better match over a super-t or my boxxer. Coming off my avy dhf, I'm looking for something to replace it that's similar performance wise while keeping the weight in check.

So what's the skinny. Lots of shiver guys on here, give me your opinion. 01' a good fork or should I be looking for a newer one (performance wise)???

Also, what's the A/C height on it? I'd like to keep the bike setup similar to how it is now with the boxxer on it (BB is low enough as is)?

Thanks...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I think a shiver would work great. Im not sure i know what sort of plushness your looking for but I think marzocchi's feel a little more slippery than other forks ive tried and i like it. But at the same time a boxxer team is to say the least an awsome fork so you gotta consider whether its worth the money to change it out.

Resident Crash Tester
    Nov 2004
    Boxxer also has only 1 ride at Diablo and maybe 2-3 hours riding on it otherwise so I wouldn't consider it broken in yet either.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg
    So what's the skinny. Lots of shiver guys on here, give me your opinion. 01' a good fork or should I be looking for a newer one (performance wise)???

Also, what's the A/C height on it? I'd like to keep the bike setup similar to how it is now with the boxxer on it (BB is low enough as is)?

Thanks...

The shiver has a low A/C for 190mm. I have a 02 and weigh 210 with the heavy springs installed. I love the way it tracks, is super plush and takes drops so amazingly well!

You can not go wrong with one even a 01.

Glad to Be Alive
    PM Zedro...he will know more....I know personally from 02 to now they are the same. Don't know about the 01

Bigger guys love their Shivers...I am 210 and love mine....I would never own a Boxxer

In Shivers We Trust

friends don't let friends ride Boxxers
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days