shimano/SRAM- Mtbr.com

Thread: shimano/SRAM

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

shimano/SRAM

So I know that the two systems are not compatible unless the sram shifter is the attack and esp but could I use the jtek shiftmate so that I could run an ultegra derailer (becasue I have it) and a sram x7 shifter (becasue I can get one for $7) . Is this possible? the jtek is used to convert 8 and 9 spd and sram road group to shimano but I dont know if this set up will work. they are both 9 speed.

Glad to Be Alive
    save yourself the headache and get all of ythe same....in the long run you will get better, smoother shifting
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Bum Buzzer
    Bah on the SRAM is better.

ENough with the hype. SRAM is plenty good, it does NOT shift better or more consistently.

The upsides to SRAM are less banging on chainstays (alot), and the shifter release push instead of pull)

Shimanpo shifts MUCH more smoothly and quietly and just as fast - if you dont know it shifted - WTH! I despise the CLUNK through my frame of a SRAM shift (Yes I have X.9 on my DH/FR -- and an 10 year old XTR on a HT that still shifts as well as the SRAM, just without the clunk)

AND (Vanity) SRAM Derailleurs are HUGE and goofy and they get smasdhed off of bikes more freqently than shimanos as a result!

I am NOT hating on SRAM or saying its not good - it is solid and reliable, but better? Hell no.

Bum Buzzer
    Get an Attack shifter.

Sweet combo!

Members who have read this thread: 0