The Shermanator!- Mtbr.com
    SamIAm

... and if we just ... The Shermanator!

do you guys think that the firefly is worth the extra money compared to the flick?
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

Doesnt ride Banshees
    If your talking about the 04 firefly with spv, then yes, i do think its worth it. If your into riding trails and freeride then you'll appreciate the spv on climbs, and yes it does work, if your more into just Djs and park ect. then you would be fine with the flick. i guess it all boils down to how much you ride trails and how much you appreciate a non bob fork.

VIA
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SamL3227
    do you guys think that the firefly is worth the extra money compared to the flick?
    Don't know much about it but beside that the Flick is QR. and the Firefly is 20mm there is any other diference...?

mtbr member
    May 2004

The Firefly

I ordered the flick and i was sent the Firefly. It is wonderful. Get it

lux
    Sure-Fire 'Lectric

Yay Firefly

I got a new '03 AC-1 with a Firefly. Nice fork...except it leaks, the travel adjust doesn't work, neither does the rebound adjust. Manitou say they'll fix it, no problem. but I gotta yank it off, take it to the Lbs, have them ship it out, wait, etc...

I really like the way the fork rides and I'm sure it'll be nice once it's fixed. Still kinda a hassle, you know?

Sorry to bash, just giving y'all my experience.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    the good news is manitou is fast on service!!

I'm rockin a firefly and was very skeptical at first of the fork and it's lack of small bump compliance........ however after going to a softer spring then expected and upping the air pressure it's great, I run the progression adjustment all the way in also, that way I can run the least amount of air possible helping with small bump compliance as well as the lightest spring possible, of coarse doing this all while resisting harsh bottom out..........

these options really make the fork very tuneable, very easily as well, where as some other forks such as the 888 and alike cartridges said to be the same in the (66) are not as easy....... just somethin to think about if you work on your own fork....

if you could hold off just a little bit the '05 products should be out very soon.........

you might enjoy this link http://bb.nsmb.com/newforum/showthre...&highlight=spv

I've really enjoyed/enjoying the fork!!!! I look forward to trying out a '05 SPV system......

poser Administrator

flick vs firefly

main differences:

flick: steel steerer, and steel springs, cheaper

firelfy: alluminium steer, and titanium springs, less cheap.

although some mail orders are pulling the ti springs to put in the steel springs and selling the firefly for less $$$$, also the ti springs are seriously more expensive to replace to get the heavier springs: clydesdales beware!
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

SamIAm

ok heres another question

ok what about tires, would like 2.7s fit in them? or 3.0? maybe? i need to know
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

Doesnt ride Banshees
    The sherman firefly (not sure about the flick) only has 1 spring, not two, and it is a ti spring. It is not costly to replace them either. It only cost me 20$ to pick up a heavier ti spring for my firefly. I thought that the price sounded wrong (wayyy to cheap) but it was labeled right on the packed from manitou as a ti spring. The 04 firefly has spv, the flick doesnt. They both can come with 20mm thru axels as an option. As for tires, id think a 2.6 will be your best bet, you might be able to put a 2.7 in there with a perfectly tru wheel but im not sure, i dont see the need to run bigger than a 2.5 on a SC anyways but thats just my opinon. The sherman lineup are great forks, they perform awesome, i love mine to death, manitou leads marzocchi in SC fork performance in my opinion, and i used to be a die hard marzocchi fan.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Rider
    manitou leads marzocchi in SC fork performance in my opinion, and i used to be a die hard marzocchi fan.
    ditto that. I love my Firefly (and I have the qr/TPC+, not the SPV). I can only imagine that a 20mm with SPV would be insanely insane!
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

USB Rep'n

This is how much I love mine...

sometimes we like to just hang out off the bike for a little "quality time". gotta watch em though, a few glasses of wine and they get real freaky!
    Attached Images Attached Images

eh-nay Ityopia!

lux
    Sure-Fire 'Lectric

Philanderer!

Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    sometimes we like to just hang out off the bike for a little "quality time". gotta watch em though, a few glasses of wine and they get real freaky!
    Not only is that sick , but you're married! Will adultery get you banned?

And don't come anywhere hear MY firefly -- it gets sticky enough from the mud.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by lux
    Not only is that sick , but you're married! Will adultery get you banned?

And don't come anywhere hear MY firefly -- it gets sticky enough from the mud.
    doh! I knew I shoulda photoshopped that ring outta the pic!

nam (redefining "stiction")

eh-nay Ityopia!

Members who have read this thread: 0