Sherman Breakout question?- Mtbr.com
    Still on Training Wheels!

Sherman Breakout question?

Is the for real, a 170mm breakout with TPC. I thought the 170mm versions were all SPV. I have a AS-X that needs a longer travel fork and I've been shying away from the breakout because I though they were all SPV. I know the 04 models were 150mm and had TPC, but this is a new one to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Manitou-Sherman-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by drum714; 02-18-2006 at 03:35 PM.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    yeh thats for real, it has tpc

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by drum714
    Is the for real, a 170mm breakout with TPC. I thought the 170mm versions were all SPV. I have a AS-X that needs a longer travel fork and I've been shying away from the breakout because I though they were all SPV. I know the 04 models were 150mm and had TPC, but this is a new one to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Manitou-Sherman-...QQcmdZViewItem
    It's real. See if you can get your hands on a Manitou Travis Intrisnic. It combines the best of both SPV and TPC+. Smooth, and efficient.

Still on Training Wheels!
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    It's real. See if you can get your hands on a Manitou Travis Intrisnic. It combines the best of both SPV and TPC+. Smooth, and efficient.

Yeah but no travel adjust

Mabey I could dump an intrinsic damper in to a sherman and keep the travel adjust.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

Meh.

Mabey I could dump an intrinsic damper in to a sherman and keep the travel adjust.
    The travel adjust is just for climbing anyways. You might be able to, but the stanchion inner diameters may be different. The intrisnic is much more efficient. The new parabolic arch offers more tire clearance and makes it stiffer too. But the Shermans had plenty of tire clearance as long as you ran 26" wheels. I remember fitting 2.7s and 2.8s just fine. My 2.75 on a 24 didn't do so well, it technically stiff fit.

BIKES!!!!
    Mar 2004
    You will be sorry if you get an SPV damped fork, trust me. however the manitou TPC forks work great that one looks like an OEM fork the dude said it was off his gemini, OEM fork very often are not consistant with the production models.

Stand back

Hmmm

When I talked to Manitou tech, the guy said there was no way to convert my SPV bkout + to TPC, b/c the inner dia is different, and that they didn't make any SPV stanchions in 170mm length. Not that it would be the 1st time a tech didn't know all the facts...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    When I talked to Manitou tech, the guy said there was no way to convert my SPV bkout + to TPC, b/c the inner dia is different, and that they didn't make any SPV stanchions in 170mm length. Not that it would be the 1st time a tech didn't know all the facts...
    Heh, that tech must have been new. I called Manitou a while ago and was told I could get tpc internals for a breakout.

Teague

Members who have read this thread: 0