This seems kinda funny in a stupid way to me...- Mtbr.com
    keystone addict

This seems kinda funny in a stupid way to me...

Okay, so in this month's issue of decline, Nathan Rennie has a full page story on his world record jump attemp on page 28. I know that this is a pretty friggin sweet stunt that this guy pulled and I do realize that it took some major cajones to pull it off, and I give mad props to Rennie on this. But then on page 96, there's a big, half-page photo of the tow-in his jump, and underneath it, is a picture of Kyle Ebbet destroying a backflip to manual on a box-jump thingy. Now this picture of Ebbet just blew my mind, and I dont see how any stunt like that is humanly possible. But unfortunately, the stupid tow-in picture is like eight times the size of this, and it doesnt really have anything worth while to look at (its just kinda pretty i guess) while Ebbet's move is deserving of a cover shot. I just think that such a tech move deserves more coverage than a "hey watch this motorcycle drag my off a big jump" (Once again, realize that im not bagging on rennie even though it sounds like it). Or at least more than the little four by six photo it gets in the magazine. I dunno. Just a thought.

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Okay, so in this month's issue of decline, Nathan Rennie has a full page story on his world record jump attemp on page 28. I know that this is a pretty friggin sweet stunt that this guy pulled and I do realize that it took some major cajones to pull it off, and I give mad props to Rennie on this. But then on page 96, there's a big, half-page photo of the tow-in his jump, and underneath it, is a picture of Kyle Ebbet destroying a backflip to manual on a box-jump thingy. Now this picture of Ebbet just blew my mind, and I dont see how any stunt like that is humanly possible. But unfortunately, the stupid tow-in picture is like eight times the size of this, and it doesnt really have anything worth while to look at (its just kinda pretty i guess) while Ebbet's move is deserving of a cover shot. I just think that such a tech move deserves more coverage than a "hey watch this motorcycle drag my off a big jump" (Once again, realize that im not bagging on rennie even though it sounds like it). Or at least more than the little four by six photo it gets in the magazine. I dunno. Just a thought.

not to be rude or anythign man, but what are u getting at here?
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

pwn3rator
    i get what your are saying. both styles of riding take skill, but differant types og skill. and that both styles should get equal coverage...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

keystone addict
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    Sorry, im kinda outa it and cant really put what im trying to say into words;

It's just that I think its too bad that people focus on things like a world record jump attempt which seems to me would take far less skill than a backflip to manual or something like that. While I stil think that Rennies' jump is awesome, I think that Ebbets move is even cooler because it is more unique and that Decline should have given him at least a bigger picture or something. Maybe the mountain bike community should just put more consideration into how much skill something with more technical aspect than a big huck type thing actually takes.Grr, I still cant figure out how to say this.

i dunno. Im probably just rambling.

high school loser
    yeah i dont get it, whats you point here.....
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody242424
    Stay in school

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

It's just that I think its too bad that people focus on things like a world record jump attempt which seems to me would take far less skill than a backflip to manual or something like that. While I stil think that Rennies' jump is awesome, I think that Ebbets move is even cooler because it is more unique and that Decline should have given him at least a bigger picture or something. Maybe the mountain bike community should just put more consideration into how much skill something with more technical aspect than a big huck type thing actually takes.Grr, I still cant figure out how to say this.

I see what he is saying. I think he is trying to say is that the mtb community like huge air rather than teachical stunts

kona-tize me captain

haha alright man im catching your drift. before i thought u were just summarizing this months decline issue for all of us. i do understand your point. anyone can be towed off a jump and launched up into the air, you just have to have big balls. compared to a backflip that takes skill but also balls. to me i think both things are weighted equall and they both should have there own page. rennies jump was huge no doubt, and ebbets backflip manual was nuts. its just today going bigger and huge is crazy. its always been liek that even back when with evil kenevel(sp) plus everyone is doiing the backflip today, when i see it done in mx i just get mad cuase thats all people do. but dotn get me wrong major props to anyone that can do a backflip. its more about what your into :either the more technical, trick style riding, or someone whos is all about **** it huck it style riding. i myself am into both so i get the best of the 2 worlds.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

its just a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyp
    I see what he is saying. I think he is trying to say is that the mtb community like huge air rather than teachical stunts
    yea. What i get out of it is that mothahucka would rather see a tight trick than a big jump. and i gotta agree, backflip to manual is absolutely insane
    Forever condemned to Florida, land of small mountains and year round riding

T.Dot Represent
    LMAO theres a pic of Rennies balls in MBUK LMAO

the caption reads "Rennies friends from down under" lol page 26
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

pwn3rator
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody242424
    you have to read between the lines and interpret his thoughts. a retard could see his point...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scabrider; 02-14-2006 at 09:12 PM.
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Glad to Be Alive

no biggie....you just thought the other picture was deserving of a bigger picture
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

JRA
    I agree with the original post. For one thing, I don't really want to see an MTB towed into a jump. Why not just jump a fricken MX bike if you're going to tow in? Oh, and btw now our mtb jump record has been beaten by a motocrosser on a mtb (some other dude named Rennie). Is that surprising at all? Not to me, it isn't.
    Is it true you're an analyst for Brewster-Keegan? Awesome!

Stand back

Wow

Scary how little information you picked up after "reading" his post. Maybe you should take the time to re-read it before you ask him to repeat himself? It was fairly obvious what he's saying.
    I have a bunch of complaints about this month's Decline. Another article that should've gotten more than a page and a bunch of uncaptioned photos was the women's only freeride contest. I think I saw ONE action shot? The contest was the first of it's kind and truly deserved a better writeup. And on the next page, an ugly @ss bike that someone spent waaay too much time painting got the same amount of space, and better pictures.
    And what's up with the style of writing for the Cowan backyard jump jam? Was that a creative writing assignment for someone's 8th grade English class? Painful to read...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

high school loser
    Quote Originally Posted by scabrider
    you have to read between the lines and interpret his thoughts. a retard could see his point...
    i took that pic! almost took my head off while trying to get it, i only wanted him to elaborate on what he was talking about, i get what he was trying to say, duh, it just wasnt very clear to me, ive been riding to much, brain isnt fuctioning well do to lack of rest, so yeah dumb me thanks to my exsesive riding...
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

keystone addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Scary how little information you picked up after "reading" his post. Maybe you should take the time to re-read it before you ask him to repeat himself? It was fairly obvious what he's saying.
    I have a bunch of complaints about this month's Decline. Another article that should've gotten more than a page and a bunch of uncaptioned photos was the women's only freeride contest. I think I saw ONE action shot? The contest was the first of it's kind and truly deserved a better writeup. And on the next page, an ugly @ss bike that someone spent waaay too much time painting got the same amount of space, and better pictures.
    And what's up with the style of writing for the Cowan backyard jump jam? Was that a creative writing assignment for someone's 8th grade English class? Painful to read...

Dude, I totaly agree on that point as well. That womens' freeride contest deserved way more coverage than the "and by the way, there was a women's freeride contest this month" style of writing. That was major groundbreaking stuff. Unlike that stupid paintjob that only made it into the magazine because he had the decline logo on the chainstay...

mtbr member

Wink Must be good stuff

You my man must have some good smelling stuff! Cheers.
    [QUOTE

Schmeow Productions
    btw... bmers have been doing backflip to manuals for a long time.

but i agree nonetheless.

Members who have read this thread: 0