This seems kinda funny in a stupid way to me...- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    keystone addict
    Reputation: mothahucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    542

    This seems kinda funny in a stupid way to me...

    Okay, so in this month's issue of decline, Nathan Rennie has a full page story on his world record jump attemp on page 28. I know that this is a pretty friggin sweet stunt that this guy pulled and I do realize that it took some major cajones to pull it off, and I give mad props to Rennie on this. But then on page 96, there's a big, half-page photo of the tow-in his jump, and underneath it, is a picture of Kyle Ebbet destroying a backflip to manual on a box-jump thingy. Now this picture of Ebbet just blew my mind, and I dont see how any stunt like that is humanly possible. But unfortunately, the stupid tow-in picture is like eight times the size of this, and it doesnt really have anything worth while to look at (its just kinda pretty i guess) while Ebbet's move is deserving of a cover shot. I just think that such a tech move deserves more coverage than a "hey watch this motorcycle drag my off a big jump" (Once again, realize that im not bagging on rennie even though it sounds like it). Or at least more than the little four by six photo it gets in the magazine. I dunno. Just a thought.

  2. #2
    kona-tize me captain
    Reputation: austinb89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,117
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Okay, so in this month's issue of decline, Nathan Rennie has a full page story on his world record jump attemp on page 28. I know that this is a pretty friggin sweet stunt that this guy pulled and I do realize that it took some major cajones to pull it off, and I give mad props to Rennie on this. But then on page 96, there's a big, half-page photo of the tow-in his jump, and underneath it, is a picture of Kyle Ebbet destroying a backflip to manual on a box-jump thingy. Now this picture of Ebbet just blew my mind, and I dont see how any stunt like that is humanly possible. But unfortunately, the stupid tow-in picture is like eight times the size of this, and it doesnt really have anything worth while to look at (its just kinda pretty i guess) while Ebbet's move is deserving of a cover shot. I just think that such a tech move deserves more coverage than a "hey watch this motorcycle drag my off a big jump" (Once again, realize that im not bagging on rennie even though it sounds like it). Or at least more than the little four by six photo it gets in the magazine. I dunno. Just a thought.

    not to be rude or anythign man, but what are u getting at here?
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

  3. #3
    pwn3rator
    Reputation: scabrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,640
    i get what your are saying. both styles of riding take skill, but differant types og skill. and that both styles should get equal coverage...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

  4. #4
    keystone addict
    Reputation: mothahucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    not to be rude or anythign man, but what are u getting at here?
    Sorry, im kinda outa it and cant really put what im trying to say into words;

    It's just that I think its too bad that people focus on things like a world record jump attempt which seems to me would take far less skill than a backflip to manual or something like that. While I stil think that Rennies' jump is awesome, I think that Ebbets move is even cooler because it is more unique and that Decline should have given him at least a bigger picture or something. Maybe the mountain bike community should just put more consideration into how much skill something with more technical aspect than a big huck type thing actually takes.Grr, I still cant figure out how to say this.

    i dunno. Im probably just rambling.

  5. #5
    high school loser
    Reputation: nobody242424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    not to be rude or anythign man, but what are u getting at here?
    yeah i dont get it, whats you point here.....
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

    98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

  6. #6
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,412
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody242424
    yeah i dont get it, whats you point here.....
    Stay in school

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Sorry, im kinda outa it and cant really put what im trying to say into words;

    It's just that I think its too bad that people focus on things like a world record jump attempt which seems to me would take far less skill than a backflip to manual or something like that. While I stil think that Rennies' jump is awesome, I think that Ebbets move is even cooler because it is more unique and that Decline should have given him at least a bigger picture or something. Maybe the mountain bike community should just put more consideration into how much skill something with more technical aspect than a big huck type thing actually takes.Grr, I still cant figure out how to say this.

    i dunno. Im probably just rambling.
    I see what he is saying. I think he is trying to say is that the mtb community like huge air rather than teachical stunts

  8. #8
    kona-tize me captain
    Reputation: austinb89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,117
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Sorry, im kinda outa it and cant really put what im trying to say into words;

    It's just that I think its too bad that people focus on things like a world record jump attempt which seems to me would take far less skill than a backflip to manual or something like that. While I stil think that Rennies' jump is awesome, I think that Ebbets move is even cooler because it is more unique and that Decline should have given him at least a bigger picture or something. Maybe the mountain bike community should just put more consideration into how much skill something with more technical aspect than a big huck type thing actually takes.Grr, I still cant figure out how to say this.

    i dunno. Im probably just rambling.

    haha alright man im catching your drift. before i thought u were just summarizing this months decline issue for all of us. i do understand your point. anyone can be towed off a jump and launched up into the air, you just have to have big balls. compared to a backflip that takes skill but also balls. to me i think both things are weighted equall and they both should have there own page. rennies jump was huge no doubt, and ebbets backflip manual was nuts. its just today going bigger and huge is crazy. its always been liek that even back when with evil kenevel(sp) plus everyone is doiing the backflip today, when i see it done in mx i just get mad cuase thats all people do. but dotn get me wrong major props to anyone that can do a backflip. its more about what your into :either the more technical, trick style riding, or someone whos is all about **** it huck it style riding. i myself am into both so i get the best of the 2 worlds.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

  9. #9
    its just a mountain
    Reputation: MxFlyer43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyp
    I see what he is saying. I think he is trying to say is that the mtb community like huge air rather than teachical stunts
    yea. What i get out of it is that mothahucka would rather see a tight trick than a big jump. and i gotta agree, backflip to manual is absolutely insane
    Forever condemned to Florida, land of small mountains and year round riding

  10. #10
    T.Dot Represent
    Reputation: finchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,290
    LMAO theres a pic of Rennies balls in MBUK LMAO

    the caption reads "Rennies friends from down under" lol page 26
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

  11. #11
    pwn3rator
    Reputation: scabrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody242424
    yeah i dont get it, whats you point here.....
    you have to read between the lines and interpret his thoughts. a retard could see his point...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scabrider; 02-14-2006 at 09:12 PM.
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

  12. #12
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Sorry, im kinda outa it and cant really put what im trying to say into words;

    It's just that I think its too bad that people focus on things like a world record jump attempt which seems to me would take far less skill than a backflip to manual or something like that. While I stil think that Rennies' jump is awesome, I think that Ebbets move is even cooler because it is more unique and that Decline should have given him at least a bigger picture or something. Maybe the mountain bike community should just put more consideration into how much skill something with more technical aspect than a big huck type thing actually takes.Grr, I still cant figure out how to say this.

    i dunno. Im probably just rambling.
    no biggie....you just thought the other picture was deserving of a bigger picture
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  13. #13
    JRA
    Reputation: SecondSkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    115
    I agree with the original post. For one thing, I don't really want to see an MTB towed into a jump. Why not just jump a fricken MX bike if you're going to tow in? Oh, and btw now our mtb jump record has been beaten by a motocrosser on a mtb (some other dude named Rennie). Is that surprising at all? Not to me, it isn't.
    Is it true you're an analyst for Brewster-Keegan? Awesome!

  14. #14
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,204

    Wow

    Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    not to be rude or anythign man, but what are u getting at here?
    Scary how little information you picked up after "reading" his post. Maybe you should take the time to re-read it before you ask him to repeat himself? It was fairly obvious what he's saying.
    I have a bunch of complaints about this month's Decline. Another article that should've gotten more than a page and a bunch of uncaptioned photos was the women's only freeride contest. I think I saw ONE action shot? The contest was the first of it's kind and truly deserved a better writeup. And on the next page, an ugly @ss bike that someone spent waaay too much time painting got the same amount of space, and better pictures.
    And what's up with the style of writing for the Cowan backyard jump jam? Was that a creative writing assignment for someone's 8th grade English class? Painful to read...
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  15. #15
    high school loser
    Reputation: nobody242424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by scabrider
    you have to read between the lines and interpret his thoughts. a retard could see his point...
    i took that pic! almost took my head off while trying to get it, i only wanted him to elaborate on what he was talking about, i get what he was trying to say, duh, it just wasnt very clear to me, ive been riding to much, brain isnt fuctioning well do to lack of rest, so yeah dumb me thanks to my exsesive riding...
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

    98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

  16. #16
    keystone addict
    Reputation: mothahucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    Scary how little information you picked up after "reading" his post. Maybe you should take the time to re-read it before you ask him to repeat himself? It was fairly obvious what he's saying.
    I have a bunch of complaints about this month's Decline. Another article that should've gotten more than a page and a bunch of uncaptioned photos was the women's only freeride contest. I think I saw ONE action shot? The contest was the first of it's kind and truly deserved a better writeup. And on the next page, an ugly @ss bike that someone spent waaay too much time painting got the same amount of space, and better pictures.
    And what's up with the style of writing for the Cowan backyard jump jam? Was that a creative writing assignment for someone's 8th grade English class? Painful to read...

    Dude, I totaly agree on that point as well. That womens' freeride contest deserved way more coverage than the "and by the way, there was a women's freeride contest this month" style of writing. That was major groundbreaking stuff. Unlike that stupid paintjob that only made it into the magazine because he had the decline logo on the chainstay...

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Big Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    22

    Wink Must be good stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Okay, so in this month's issue of decline, Nathan Rennie has a full page story on his world record jump attemp on page 28. I know that this is a pretty friggin sweet stunt that this guy pulled and I do realize that it took some major cajones to pull it off, and I give mad props to Rennie on this. But then on page 96, there's a big, half-page photo of the tow-in his jump, and underneath it, is a picture of Kyle Ebbet destroying a backflip to manual on a box-jump thingy. Now this picture of Ebbet just blew my mind, and I dont see how any stunt like that is humanly possible. But unfortunately, the stupid tow-in picture is like eight times the size of this, and it doesnt really have anything worth while to look at (its just kinda pretty i guess) while Ebbet's move is deserving of a cover shot. I just think that such a tech move deserves more coverage than a "hey watch this motorcycle drag my off a big jump" (Once again, realize that im not bagging on rennie even though it sounds like it). Or at least more than the little four by six photo it gets in the magazine. I dunno. Just a thought.
    You my man must have some good smelling stuff! Cheers.
    [QUOTE

  18. #18
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    btw... bmers have been doing backflip to manuals for a long time.


    but i agree nonetheless.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.