Sea Otter- 2nd place cat2 25-29 DH- Mtbr.com
    one love

Sea Otter- 2nd place cat2 25-29 DH

Thanks for screwing up my race run at the last step down. We crossed the finish at the same time....and somehow you ended up in 2nd after I closed a 20 second gap on you.(thanks timing official at finish) Congratulations bro! Standing on the podium and getting your trophy must have just been all time!

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I just wanted to be the first on this destined-to-be-classic thread. I don't have anything constructive to offer.

Capricious youth...
    Never underestimate Sea Otter's ability to screw something up... majorly.

Although, I found that at least for Cat 2/3 racing this year, they were only a few minutes behind. The last time I raced, I was like 30th in line for the day to race, and it took almost an hour... in the pouring rain and wind... to get me through the starting gate. :-\
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghea714
    Thanks for screwing up my race run at the last step down. We crossed the finish at the same time....and somehow you ended up in 2nd after I closed a 20 second gap on you.(thanks timing official at finish) Congratulations bro! Standing on the podium and getting your trophy must have just been all time!
    Ghea714, I think you have your riders mixed up. I know the person who got first and 2nd in that class, neither one of them got passed by anyone. That being said, "Sea Otter timing" is two guys sitting down and pushing separate buttons when a riders tire crosses the finish line. Something to talk to the officials about.

one love
    DC, you are correct. It took the otter officials 4 days to reply to my email.... Your friend started just ahead of me and he also passed him farther up on the course. To my luck he killed all of my momentum for the bottom section. Congrats to your boys.Sorry for calling him out..

but most of all THANK YOU BUTCH!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    donno what you're talking about, but I'm pretty amped on watching this thread unfold. Lets hear more.

Glad to Be Alive
    It's simple both you guys passed the same guy
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    donno what you're talking about, but I'm pretty amped on watching this thread unfold. Lets hear more.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

I'm with stupid
    If there is not a go pro video it didnt happen.

mtbr member
    Its all good, we are all out there to have fun & ride bikes fast!

T.W.O
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck
    If there is not a go pro video it didnt happen.
    In 1080p.

brake later, pedal sooner
    that sucks man.

i crashed and went over the bars but i still didnt get passed by anybody or ruin anybody's race luckily. i lost a good amount of time and a lot of energy getting back up and pedaling

i finished with a 2:53... disappointing but i got to the event on friday night so i only had one practice run. til next year!

Members who have read this thread: 0