Scott bikes?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Scott bikes?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

New question here. Scott bikes?

Hey everyone, tonight I went to a new LBS and talked with the owner. I told him that I was interested in getting a freeride bike and he suggested a Scott Nitrous 10. Is anyone familiar with this bike or anyones similar from Scott? He showed me this one http://www.scottusa.com/product.php?UID=6093. What do you guys think?

Glad to Be Alive
    stick with the local bikes like a Turner for that price.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

VIA
    banned
    Very wird frame man...
    If I wore you I'll get something more popular or better known...
    Attached Images Attached Images

SXtreem now
    my local bike shop got a new High Octane 2. i peddled it around today and it felt really nice, i thought it felt better than the Big Hit( just around the shop). they have it listed for $2500. not to bad, it is equiped fairly well.

Former Noob Herder
    those bikes seem to be really hard on shocks with the extreme shock angle they use. Seen two pics of shocks totally folded over...they were on Octanes tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChris
    Hey everyone, tonight I went to a new LBS and talked with the owner. I told him that I was interested in getting a freeride bike and he suggested a Scott Nitrous 10. Is anyone familiar with this bike or anyones similar from Scott? He showed me this one http://www.scottusa.com/product.php?UID=6093. What do you guys think?
    ive had a play on the older 04' High Octane FR model with its neat little carbon sub frame...and from what ive seen the Nirous 10 is the newer version of that same bike...

and although the angles seemed a little to steep for my likings and there wasnt enough gnar travel for me (i ride a DEMO9 with 888s) it was very adjustable with multiple shock positions that change the angles of the bike and rear wheel travel etc...and when riding...it was very quick and stable through the tight stuff and all in all a great little light FR bike...

NSMB did somewhat of a review on the newer Nitrous 10 model your talking about during interbike which might be worth a look at...

but the only thing i could see wrong with it apart form the steeper angles was some of the specs that came with the bike for the price...i didnt peronslly like the tripple ring and FR derailuer set-up...the stem and bars combo or the tyres...im very picky though...but im sure the durability of all of them is unquestionable...

the thing i must admit...i liked the most about the bike...is defintaly the visual appearance of the bike...the fancy paint job with big "moto styled" graphics and fenders sure did turn my head when i first saw it...

but all in all a great little bike i think too many people over look...

if your interested in getting one id suggest you get the older 04' not only to save money but the older version was not only specd a little better but was a bit more colourfull than the newer one...

its a pretty bike...

(the extreme shock angle is definatly interesting...especially on the higher end DH version)
    Last edited by BJ-; 01-11-2005 at 09:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004

that brings up a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by BJ-

and although the angles seemed a little to steep for my likings and there wasnt enough gnar travel for me (i ride a DEMO9 with 888s)
    the gnar travel statement....
    not ripping on bj in anyway tho....

but i find it interesting how people consider a 7 inch travel bike light freeride now.....

reason i brought this up was the drop that wade simmons did in NWD 3 or 4 that was like 40 ish feet over the marzocchi truck.... he did that on a 7 inch RM7 smooth as butter, bender wasnt able to stick it on a 12 or 13 inch travel bike....

anyways i am done now.... i just think that so much travel can get people in trouble as well as out of trouble....

i know that i would feel like crap on a 9 inch travel bike. unless i was purely hucking cliffs or DHing...

i ride a 6 inch travel dirtbag with a 7 inch super t on it it feels sweet just enough travel to soak up big drops but not enough to feel like i am trying to sprint through a pool of water....
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    Quote Originally Posted by the dude
    the gnar travel statement....
    not ripping on bj in anyway tho....

but i find it interesting how people consider a 7 inch travel bike light freeride now.....

reason i brought this up was the drop that wade simmons did in NWD 3 or 4 that was like 40 ish feet over the marzocchi truck.... he did that on a 7 inch RM7 smooth as butter, bender wasnt able to stick it on a 12 or 13 inch travel bike....

anyways i am done now.... i just think that so much travel can get people in trouble as well as out of trouble....

i know that i would feel like crap on a 9 inch travel bike. unless i was purely hucking cliffs or DHing...

i ride a 6 inch travel dirtbag with a 7 inch super t on it it feels sweet just enough travel to soak up big drops but not enough to feel like i am trying to sprint through a pool of water....
    each to his own of course and no offence taken...

i sacrifice things for others i consider more important...as im not made of money...but also i like the challenge of facing things on a bike it wasnt intended to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles