SC V10 Carbon -OR- Canfield F1 Jedi- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

SC V10 Carbon -OR- Canfield F1 Jedi

I will be buying one of these in the coming months and I need your help deciding which one. I already have a list of pro's and con's for each bike and they are very close. I want to keep my info to myself for now and see what everyone else thinks unbiased.

I will say that I will be buying used. '11 or '12 model year for the frame, parts don't matter.

I just want to hear everyone's opinion on the 2 bikes. Hopefully I can get some opinions from people that have ridden both.

Thanks!

Custom Wheelbuilder
    Well, I haven't ridden the Canfield, so I couldn't speak for that. I have ridden a few V10s though. I was really impressed with the ride quality. It felt supple and smooth, yet it was surprisingly pedal-able.

The thing I like most about the bike was how versatile it was. Depending on how it was setup, it could be dialed for every different course that I rode.

All in all, I would highly recommend the V10.
    Check out www.zencyclery.com for fully customizable, handbuilt wheels.

www.facebook.com/zencyclerywheels

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I've owned both bikes, and I'd recommend the V10C by a mile.

The Jedi is fantastic in high speed choppy sections, rocks roots braking bumps, and it encourages you to ride faster and more recklessly than you should, it eats up bad line choices and sub par ladings.

However the V10 is better in every aspect, it corners brilliantly, jumps predictably, and even in the 10" mode it is very nimble. In the middle of a rock garden if you see a few rock you want two double, or triple, up its effortless to lift the bike up and put it where you want it.

Also Santa Cruz is selling new V10C frames for $1875 right now.

Santa Cruz Bicycles

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbike8 View Post

The Jedi is fantastic in high speed choppy sections, rocks roots braking bumps, and it encourages you to ride faster and more recklessly than you should, it eats up bad line choices and sub par ladings.

However the V10 is better in every aspect, it corners brilliantly, jumps predictably, and even in the 10" mode it is very nimble. In the middle of a rock garden if you see a few rock you want two double, or triple, up its effortless to lift the bike up and put it where you want it.

Santa Cruz Bicycles
    That's a killer deal there on the V10, almost makes me want to pull the trigger on one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Santa Cruz Bicycles
    Thanks for the link! I wish I had the money because I would have bought the one large they had left last night. This morning there is only some XL's left That was a great deal!

Anyone else chime in?

7MGTE

a mile? how about Jedi by 4.1 secs...

Both great bikes but I have ridden both and I say Jedi. The V10 seemed bigger and slower in the turns, could be longer WB and CS on the V10. I hucked the V10 as well and it was not as stable as Jedi. The V10 was a 2010 however so the 2011 or 2012 V10 could be better. Jedis I have ridden are 08,09,2011 and 2012s. I have had more time on a Jedi I found no need to ride or buy a V10.

I love the rearward arc on the Jedi as well for roots and rock gardens. The big just plows the DH chunk. I also like being able to change progressive rate and travel some based on need.

About the V10 being better in both aspects. Have you seen this? Same bike, same race course, both amazing riders. 2012 V10 against 2012 Jedi...

2012 Malelane TOYOTA KTM DH Challenge race report | NSR MTB

Custom Wheelbuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by Scythe View Post
    That's a killer deal there on the V10, almost makes me want to pull the trigger on one.
    Ahhh that is a sick deal. They have XLs too!
    Check out www.zencyclery.com for fully customizable, handbuilt wheels.

www.facebook.com/zencyclerywheels

Uphill? What's that
    I have been riding a 2010 Jedi for the last 2 years. I can't compare it to the V-10 but I have never had a reason to. The Jedi smooths out everything and has definitely made me a better rider. I have been thinking about getting another bike for next year but nothing I have ridden feels as good as my Jedi..

Pee's in the H8teraid

C'mon man,,

Quote Originally Posted by supramk388 View Post
    Both great bikes but I have ridden both and I say Jedi. The V10 seemed bigger and slower in the turns, could be longer WB and CS on the V10. I hucked the V10 as well and it was not as stable as Jedi. The V10 was a 2010 however so the 2011 or 2012 V10 could be better. Jedis I have ridden are 08,09,2011 and 2012s. I have had more time on a Jedi I found no need to ride or buy a V10.

I love the rearward arc on the Jedi as well for roots and rock gardens. The big just plows the DH chunk. I also like being able to change progressive rate and travel some based on need.

About the V10 being better in both aspects. Have you seen this? Same bike, same race course, both amazing riders. 2012 V10 against 2012 Jedi...

If you are gonna judge a bike by race wins (especially in the last 2 years) then everyone should be on a Trek Session.
    All it means is there are alot of good, capable bikes.
    OP, use your own privately conceived opinions and go from there, otherwise all you are going to get are people telling you to buy the bike they bought. Even if it's not the ones you have listed.
    '10 SXT
    '10 Demo 8
    '09 Yeti DJ

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388 View Post

Yes I did see that, you posted it on several forums, however to give the Jedi the credit for the win or to suggest Potgieter is faster than Greg is preposterous. Have you seen this:

Johann POTGIETER v Greg MINNAAR - Roots & Rain

Not to take anything away from Johann, I'm sure he is a extremely fast rider but I'm guessing Minnaar had a bad run or wasn't trying.

And yes the '11-'12 V10 is significantly better than its predecessors. The Jedi is certainly one of the best DH bikes out there I enjoyed mine immensely, and I doubt any one that bought one will be disappointed. However for the reasons stated I think the V10C is a better bike. If you look at the privateers on the WC circuit, they agree with me, there are a lot more V10C's than Jedi's out there.

Members who have read this thread: 0