santa cruz blur 4x- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

santa cruz blur 4x

Does anyone know when this bike comes out?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Ok... I'm seeing these frames advertised online now....

Does anyone have one? Is anyone using it as an all-around trail bike? If so, how do you like it? I'm trying to decide on an all around frame with ~4-5.5" of travel that pedals well, is about ~ 30lbs or less built up and is durable..

I was, and still am, thinking about the heckler, but I'm now also thinking about the blur 4x (among a couple others).

Chris

mtbr member
    May 2004
    you may want to look in to a turner rail. They are blowingn them out right now.

mtbr member
    30 lbs or less?! you know you are in the DH/FR forum, right? Blur 4X is for, well, 4X. Its light and a little beefier than the regular blur but I'm pretty sure it wont take a coil shock. I think heckler, trail SX or whatever dude man said would be better all around. If you race slalom then go ahead with the 4x. I'd rather have a 36lb bike that can take a beating over a 29lb race bike. Weight isn't everything anyway.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Actually, I did a search for blur 4x and when I posted I thought I was in the santa cruz forum.... so ya.. since I posted in the DH/FR forum, I'm probably out of place asking about a 30lb trail bike.

Not trying to build a race bike, just one that I can use for trail riding w/ the guys I've been riding with who definitely lean more towards epic kinda riders than downhillers. Oh well, just trying to find out more about the blur 4x.

Yay
    Hey, 4in. travel 4x bikes kick ass. I would ride a Blur 4x as an all around bike. Check out the november 2004 cover of Mountain Bike Action. It shows Kurt Voreis hitting a 10 foot drop on his Blur 4X at the Crankworx Whistler festival with an almost identical setup as the pic below.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, -WOW- What a ride...!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Not just a race bike.

Quote Originally Posted by chris87114
    Actually, I did a search for blur 4x and when I posted I thought I was in the santa cruz forum.... so ya.. since I posted in the DH/FR forum, I'm probably out of place asking about a 30lb trail bike.

Not trying to build a race bike, just one that I can use for trail riding w/ the guys I've been riding with who definitely lean more towards epic kinda riders than downhillers. Oh well, just trying to find out more about the blur 4x.
    SC is advertising the Blur 4X as do everything bike and not just a race bike. It can take a long travel 6" sc up front also. I have seen pictures of guys going huge on it, so it can take abuse on the stunts or can be a tough xc/allmountain ride.

Yay
    Quote Originally Posted by ronny
    SC is advertising the Blur 4X as do everything bike and not just a race bike. It can take a long travel 6" sc up front also. I have seen pictures of guys going huge on it, so it can take abuse on the stunts or can be a tough xc/allmountain ride.
    Werd!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, -WOW- What a ride...!!!!