Sam Blenkinsop or Josh Bryceland the next Sam Hill?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Sam Blenkinsop or Josh Bryceland the next Sam Hill?

Do you guys think Blenki or Bryceland could be the next Sam Hill?

This was question was inspired by the could SH win on something other than an IH thread.

But anyway both these riders are very young Blenki is only 19 and Bryceland only 17 and both crazy fast. Also from what ive gathered Blenki rides in a similar style to SH, soooooo... give Blenki or Bryceland a few years could they be better than SH?

I AM I AM
    Well the next Sam Hill? I think a while to go before that happens - it won't happen while THE Sam Hill is around. Or is Sam Hill going to become the next Nico so that someone else can become the next Sam???

dontcha?
    Quote Originally Posted by ducktape
    Well the next Sam Hill? I think a while to go before that happens - it won't happen while THE Sam Hill is around. Or is Sam Hill going to become the next Nico so that someone else can become the next Sam???
    yeah.. way to early to start calling guys that are coming the "next" sam hill.. What about Aaron Gwin becoming the next Shaun Palmer(minus the five-million other sports Palmer mastered)? can we discuss that instead?
    "The future belongs to those that believe in the beauty of their dreams."

mtbr member
    +1 bryceland

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Peaty! He's gonna be around for 15 more years, so its not like age really matters that much

banned
    Mar 2008
    How can anyone become the next anyone unless they were cloned? This is a really stupid thread....I'm going to go shoot myself now for wasting my morning reading it.

mtbr member

Addicted
    May 2006
    How about we just let the up and coming riders develop and improve on their own riding style and techniques as opposed to trying to squeeze them into another riders shoes.
    I'll sit back and enjoy watching them ride and create their own path to riding fame. It's better that way.

-Kevin

mtbr member
    May 2006
    We know Blinky has been on his way for a while, but this win was a bit out of the blue for me, but I guess the fact that he finished the WC in 5th overall suggests hes had a great season whilst managing to remain somewhat under the radar.
    Miami on the other hand is so much quicker than anyone else his age, its scary. I can't remember if it was the British National Champs or a round of the GB national points series, but he put in the 2nd quickest time that weekend, overall, beating everyone bar the one top elite rider.
    I'm sure both riders have the potential to develop into the kind of dominating rider that we all know Sam Hill can be, but you just have to look at this season to realise he isn't the completely unbeatable rider many thought he was. You do have to remember that Sam Hill is only, what 23 years old? I mean Peaty is in his 30s now and still at the sharp end of the field every weekend, so we can possibly expect another 10 years approx from Sam.

Top level DH racing is getting tougher and tighter. I don't think we'll really see complete and utter dominance (like Schumacher in the F1) in DH...ever.

Petty and weak
    Boring.
    ~ Downride and Freehill, nothing else ~

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled
    Boring.
    +1

u guys need lives

go ride
    looking for someone fast to ride with in the yay

RIDESFO

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=jf951
    go ride[/QUOTE]

would love too, torn ac joint says no.

TLL
    mtbr member
    Sam Hill is the next Sam Hill.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

外国人
    Jun 2007
    Sam Hill is the Next Chuck Norris

Awesomist™
    Chuck Norris is the new white rims.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by TLL
    Sam Hill is the next Sam Hill.
    Agreed well said TLL

However the next Sam is gona be Blinky and he'll bring his own style not SHs

SH is no way finished yet, but its gotten closer and hotting up for sure, bring on 09!

JB looks like a good prospect too, but he'll need a couple of years with the big boys,

SB had he last couple of years up there learing the ropes and the Kiwi Yeti combo has workd well for both JL and SB, they'll be out for more next year now theyre hanging in there with the top guy's.

Good luck for 09 guy's
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Members who have read this thread: 0