Saint Double and a Chainguide....?- Mtbr.com
    tpizza01
    Oct 2006

Saint Double and a Chainguide....?

I decided to start a new thread even though I used someone elses 20 minutes ago, anyway.............

I am building an Orange MsIsle with the Saint double - I am thinking about dumping the granny and adding a chainguide but I don't know what will work with it. I was thinking about the Truvativ Boxguide but I think it is only compatible with TV BB's. I am also looking at others but it seems as though I would HAVE to use the bashguard that comes with them. Anyone? I am also wondering about only having 32T as my largest ring - will this be a problem with a chainguide? since most i've seen work with 34T or up. This is a new crankset and I really don't want to go tearing it all up after paying so much for it.

Old No. 7
    I personally would put a 36 + if only running single ring. E-13 makes a small ring specific guide I think if you're set on running a 32.
    Why would you not want to run a bash? Or are you saying you want to stick w/ the saint bash?
    I would ditch it and run the supercharger bash that comes w/ most E-13 guides.
    All saint cranks are the same, single, dub w/ bash, and triple. You can run any of them w/ a guide if you set it up correctly.
    06 888 RC2X FOR SALE! PM FOR DETAILS

...the mustache has spoken

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    i bought a Saint triple for my freeride rig build, and did the following:

took the big ring off, replaced with old RaceFace bash
    took the granny off, replaced with Blackspire Blackguard, for a nice chain sandwich with the basher
    then put the Blackspire Stinger on my ICG mounts to keep it all nice and tight

still running the stock 32 ramped ring.. no issues
    the setup is sweet, quiet and solid... and cost me under 50 bucks

tpizza01
    Oct 2006
    So yeah - if I want to stick with the 32 and the original bash - dump my granny gear - what chainguides will work - and what guides are good for a moderate price?

the only other thing I was thinking was going to a 34 and then just getting a whole chainguide set-up

tpizza01
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blender
    i bought a Saint triple for my freeride rig build, and did the following:

took the big ring off, replaced with old RaceFace bash
    took the granny off, replaced with Blackspire Blackguard, for a nice chain sandwich with the basher
    then put the Blackspire Stinger on my ICG mounts to keep it all nice and tight

still running the stock 32 ramped ring.. no issues
    the setup is sweet, quiet and solid... and cost me under 50 bucks

that sounds good but what if I don't have ISCG mounts on my frame?- will saint take just about any e-mount? That is what it is coming down to for me - What will fit on the Saint BB?

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tpizza01
    that sounds good but what if I don't have ISCG mounts on my frame?- will saint take just about any e-mount? That is what it is coming down to for me - What will fit on the Saint BB?
    you can get a Stinger that sandwiches between your Saint BB and the BB shell...
    they come in all kinds of flavors

you'll just have to fock with the spacers to get your chainline right

tpizza01
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blender
    you can get a Stinger that sandwiches between your Saint BB and the BB shell... you'll just have to fock with the spacers to get your chainline right
    cool thanks. I just found that E-13 makes an ISCG adaptor plate also. I might be able to use thatto make it work .

Members who have read this thread: 0