saint components- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

saint components

i am considering upgrading to a few of the saint components. however i have noticed a serious price drop in their components. is due to end of the year clearance or is the saint line going to be non-exsistent in a year or so?

thanks

rhd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    i was kinda wondering the same thing
    i got my saint crank for $130 bnib
    i was looking at the der. and stuff...but, i'm just gonna go with sram to be safe
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse
    I dont think the frame, shock, fork, rims, drive train, handlebars, tires and stem would hold up very well but that kickstand looks pretty burley.

Meh.
    Mostly end of the year stuff. There was speculation that the o7 groupset would be redesigned, but it looks the same to me.

Keep in the mind. Saint derailleur needs a Saint axle. If you have a hub that can convert, great. If you have a Saint hub, you need Saint rotors. Saint uses a oversized centerlock, so no adapters. If you have Saint rotors, you need Shimano brakes, or another brake with a narrow pad. Shimano rotors have very narrow blades. You can grind off some of the pads to match the profile of the rotor.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    cool. i was looking at the crankset and maybe converting to the rear derailler(yea i know it is spelled wrong).

i have been using a truvativ husselfelt crankset that has been great, i really like the bottom bracket and crankset that shimano has put together.

Glad to Be Alive
    end of year price drops......

Saint Cranks are awesome, but I would go with the Sram X9's or X0's for the rear derailer....cheaper and really good stuff....personally i choose the X9's
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Equal opportunity meanie
    Saint cranks and brakes friggin rock. Make sure everything is torqued down to spec on the cranks though (and locktite the pinch bolts for security). I didn't think the hubs and derailler and shifters were anything special though.

eminence front
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Keep in the mind. Saint derailleur needs a Saint axle. If you have a hub that can convert, great.
    Serious question (not just nit-picking technicalities)... I thought it only required a 10mm bolt-on type axle, or does it actually require a 'saint' axle?

Thanks.

PS: I also got my '06 Saint cranks for cheap. On ebay I grabbed them for $118 US. Dirt cheap.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by xray
    Serious question (not just nit-picking technicalities)... I thought it only required a 10mm bolt-on type axle, or does it actually require a 'saint' axle?

Thanks.

PS: I also got my '06 Saint cranks for cheap. On ebay I grabbed them for $118 US. Dirt cheap.
    Saint axle has a longer m10 threaded area. The whole axle slides in and out of the hub. It tightens into the derailleur from the non-drive side.

Members who have read this thread: 0