SAINT AXLE compatibility question HELP !!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

SAINT AXLE compatibility question HELP !!

I jsut ordered a SAINT rer derailer for one of my new bikes today , my question the Red DER I bought was the M-800 rapid rise version ...

The rear Saint Axle I ordered was the only one listed and that it worked with the M-803 and the M-600 which I guess is the normal rise version of the SAINT rear derailer and the lower priced HONE version .

My question is ... can I use a M-803 rear axle with my M-800 Rear Derailer ???

Thanks for the help
    Brad
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    I jsut ordered a SAINT rer derailer for one of my new bikes today , my question the Red DER I bought was the M-800 rapid rise version ...

The rear Saint Axle I ordered was the only one listed and that it worked with the M-803 and the M-600 which I guess is the normal rise version of the SAINT rear derailer and the lower priced HONE version .

My question is ... can I use a M-803 rear axle with my M-800 Rear Derailer ???

Thanks for the help
    Brad
    Evil4bc- It should be fine. The thread pitch is the same on all Saint and Hone Der. As long as you have the correct length axle for your rear dropouts you should be solid.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Oregon
    Evil4bc- It should be fine. The thread pitch is the same on all Saint and Hone Der. As long as you have the correct length axle for your rear dropouts you should be solid.
    I'm not as up on my shimano compatibility as I used to be .

How far do the threads stick out ?

It's going on the 07" streetfighter protoype which has our new sliding dropout system , it's 150mm wide at the outside face of the drops ( 135mm in the center for the hub )

So would I be better off getting the 150mm rear axle ?

Thanks for the help
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    E-

My Saint axle for 150mm sticks out about at least 20mm on my 7point7... Outside to outside is probably162mm or so if the dropouts are 6mm thick.

If the 135mm design sticks out the same 20-25mm on a frame with 6mm thick dropouts, then the 7.5mm thick dropouts of your frame should be okay, leaving at least 15-20mm...

Or at least that's what my non-scientific guessing tells me...

JMH

I'm not as up on my shimano compatibility as I used to be .

How far do the threads stick out ?

It's going on the 07" streetfighter protoype which has our new sliding dropout system , it's 150mm wide at the outside face of the drops ( 135mm in the center for the hub )

So would I be better off getting the 150mm rear axle ?

Thanks for the help

Just Ride
    uh brad they may not work...you may have it by now and know other wise, but my concern is that the 803 is for 12x150. and i'm ppretty sure the dearailluer is drilled bigger for the 12mm axle as opposed to the 10mm...i'm not sure they'll work. i dunno, let me know if it does work. when do we get to see that 07 stuff?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zerossix
    uh brad they may not work...you may have it by now and know other wise, but my concern is that the 803 is for 12x150. and i'm ppretty sure the dearailluer is drilled bigger for the 12mm axle as opposed to the 10mm...i'm not sure they'll work. i dunno, let me know if it does work. when do we get to see that 07 stuff?
    Oh crap !

This might explain why the overall leangh was listed as 180mm for the axle we ordered .

I got the 800 rear derailer , so what's the part # for the 10mm x 135 rear axle then ??
    Who sells it too , BTI , QBP or Wilson ??? HELP !!!!!

I'm going to post "SPY " photos of our 07 tradeshow bikes beofre I leave for Interbike .
    ( got word this morning that the machined stuff went to anodize this morning )

We will have the full 07 line on display for consumers to view at VeloSwap S.F. in November .
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

rollin
    rapid rise version ...
    coughrapid demisecough

i'm down with the shimano cause, but i am not down with rapid rise. it's done after one hit with a rock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    coughrapid demisecough

i'm down with the shimano cause, but i am not down with rapid rise. it's done after one hit with a rock.

From my experience Rapid Rise is just faster for my riding style , when really getting on it I can use the trigger to incrementally shift up into the easier cogs when needed then when going down hill it's 2 hard hit's to the paddle to get it into the 11T cog , normal shifting is twice as slow and never shift right .

As for the rock comment ... .much have been a big rock , I have been running my rapid rise XTR der for almost 2 full years with out any problems and I do ICEPICK and 50/50 GRINDS on it at the skatpark ... I love my $145 peg !
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

banned
    Sep 2006
    yea man, that will work fine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbrida
    yea man, that will work fine
    Sorry to sound like a noob but is the axle listed in both Wilson and QBP's catlouge as 180mm a 10mm O.D. axle ???

Did I order the right der too , 803 = 10mm ?????

Thanks .. I'm jsut worries as the rest of the parts for the bike are all 10mm through axle and I wont have time to change anything beofore Interbike
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Just Ride
    eh if everyone else says it'll work i guess it'll work haha

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zerossix
    eh if everyone else says it'll work i guess it'll work haha
    Um ok let's hope
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

rollin
    are you going to show any full suspension prototypes at interbike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    are you going to show any full suspension prototypes at interbike?
    The full suspension bike ( the ENEMY ) Isnt going to be finished in time Our machinist Phil Wasson at Super Rat MAchine is working double time for us right now , we could have rushed the machined pieces for the suspension bike but it would have been down to the wire . After all the time and $$$ invested in these first prototypes were going to wait to unveil them after Interbike , I will have rideable version at VeloSwap for people to check out and test ride !

There will be 07" StreetFighter and Secret Agent complete bikes displayed at the Rogue MTB booth at Interbike and a few other new surprises at MRP

The complete NEMESIS PROJECT website will launch on OCT 15 2006

We built a few custom cruisers for the KLUNKERS movie as well so if anyones going to the premier in MArin on Oct 8th there will be some seriously bad ass custom cruisers that I hand built ... and a really bad ass custom springer fork !
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Premium Member
    Any info on the fully for us?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai Bicyclist
    Any info on the fully for us?
    Read above ... I gave you the name
    and admitted that YES it does in fact exsist ... JEEEEEEZZZZZ what more do you want

sorry that's it for now
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Members who have read this thread: 0