SAD DAY FOR DJ'ers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

SAD DAY FOR DJ'ers

Lake Forest/Pitsford/Ostermon was plowed today. The "MAN" came in with their evil tractors and plowed the beauty that was Lake Forest. Here are some shots to remember it by:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you build it you get to jump it, forget them.

mtbr member
    what the hell did it ever do to them
    signature

I wanna talk to Samson!
    boooo

you-should-have-called-them-out-of-the-water
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

New School
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    boooo

you-should-have-called-them-out-of-the-water
    and... even worse noose, calabasis park in san jose was fenced off recnetly, with fences between jumps as well, because of a lawsuit of a fellow bikere against the city. anyone in the area, lynbrook high school novebmer 1st at 7 pm if you want to save it
    ALGIO E OLIO!

I wanna talk to Samson!
    our-dj's-actually-got-some-good-news-yesterday

the-cops-were-trying-to-bust-guys-on-50's!
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Tha "MAN" came and knocked down our local jumps recently too.
    Here's a couple of photos of Aaron, the main builder, going big.
    Thunderdome aka The Ranch R.I.P.

Authority is dead!
    My dream set up; sinners!
    For the love of Oi

Rent a house at Attitash

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmac
    and... even worse noose, calabasis park in san jose was fenced off recnetly, with fences between jumps as well, because of a lawsuit of a fellow bikere against the city. anyone in the area, lynbrook high school novebmer 1st at 7 pm if you want to save it

For real!?!?! how long ago did they do that?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    that sucks that your trail/jumps are gone...
    same for twisted, those looked sick.
    hey konabiker that's great.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by MVRIDER
    For real!?!?! how long ago did they do that?
    http://www.msdhw.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3791

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    man, all those look sweet, that really sucks.
    live to ride, ride to live

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Absurd

Wow Calabazas, Lake Forest ( never been there) and now maybe Niseine Marks...what a sh!tty day to come to work and turn on the internet! See ya on the 1st @ Lynbrook?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    ......because of a lawsuit of a fellow bikere against the city
    THIS is EXACTLY why sh!t gets plowed/knocked down/closed. Nobody wants a lawsuit. They aren't just knocking your jumps down to be dicks (...well, maybe). It's all about liability. If all bikers (or their parents) would take responsibility for their actions (really, you know you are involved in a high-risk activity), there would be far less stuff being destroyed. It only takes 1 idiot who tries to sue the city/state for $$$millions to f*ck everything up for the rest of us.

the man came and plowed, but we had plenty of notic, and they gave him a new location, cleared it, brought in dirt, and will be brining in a dozer to put dirt where he wants it.

Don't ask me where. I moved out of the area, and don't know how much this new place will be kept on the dl. Just wanted to put some good news on this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    Tha "MAN" came and knocked down our local jumps recently too.
    Here's a couple of photos of Aaron, the main builder, going big.
    Thunderdome aka The Ranch R.I.P.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by MVRIDER
    Wow Calabazas, Lake Forest ( never been there) and now maybe Niseine Marks...what a sh!tty day to come to work and turn on the internet! See ya on the 1st @ Lynbrook?
    Lake Forest is (or I guess was ) an awesome place!!

ya...pretty crappy that we might loose two prime riding spots in the Bay Area

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby
    THIS is EXACTLY why sh!t gets plowed/knocked down/closed. Nobody wants a lawsuit. They aren't just knocking your jumps down to be dicks (...well, maybe). It's all about liability. If all bikers (or their parents) would take responsibility for their actions (really, you know you are involved in a high-risk activity), there would be far less stuff being destroyed. It only takes 1 idiot who tries to sue the city/state for $$$millions to f*ck everything up for the rest of us.
    Couldn't agree more! The problem is when someone under 18 gets injured and their parents realize what the kids were up to and decide to sue. So for all the young ones out there who burn in on a botched gap, have your friends drag your ass to another location then call the EMS.

Disclaimer: This isn't necessarily the best medical advice.
    Last edited by milhouse; 10-27-2004 at 09:10 AM.

jrm
    mtbr member

Not the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyOne
    Lake Forest/Pitsford/Ostermon was plowed today. The "MAN" came in with their evil tractors and plowed the beauty that was Lake Forest. Here are some shots to remember it by:
    Property owners are TOTALLY on to DJ sites and MX courses. Its all a big liability to them and or the city. One lawsuit and the developer/city can no longer afford to insure itself.

Don't skid
    how do skate park stay open then? why can't city's make DJ parks?

l337 |31k3r
    Quote Originally Posted by KONA_in_SB
    Good question. Im sure there is a reason, but any reason I try to think of gets knocked out by the voice saying that just BS and you know it.

I would love to get some sweet DJ's setup arround here.....I have a little buildable land, but its a pain to get equiptment up there. Most of my work is done with a smaller shovle and a smaller ho. cheers
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You want to know why cities have skateparks? Because skaters lobby the municipal government for them. The government (mostly old men) did not just come to work and say...hey, I've got a great idea, lets build a skatepark. Generally, in cities, kids skateboarding on public land is seen as a nuisance, and then skateboarding on public lands becomes illegal. BUT, you get skaters who form an organization and present a viable alternative, that is, a public skate park where skaters can go and enjoy their sport, so that they are not being a 'nuisance' in other areas.

Nobody is going to hand you a DJ park on a silver platter. I guarantee that almost no city official even knows what one is. You want one, you lobby the government, present them with a good REASON to allow one or more. This is not easy, and things like liability must be addressed.

Glad to Be Alive
    sad sad

mtbr member
    I think the Vans skate park out in the (909) had or has a DJ park. I remember there being one there a few years ago, but that was before I started riding. Correction here was a press release from that park:

"For the first time at a Vans Skate Park, the BMX riders will have areas designated just for themselves, including both indoor and outdoor courses. One of the highlights of this park is the 15,000 square foot outdoor dirt jumping area and BMX course. Over 45 tons of the best mission clay will be trucked in to construct the jumps and obstacles in this area. In addition, the indoor BMX street course has been designed by Vans' pro athlete Rick Thorne."

mtbr member
    Of course I went to the vans website and I can't find any mention of that park at all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Oregon
    the man came and plowed, but we had plenty of notic, and they gave him a new location, cleared it, brought in dirt, and will be brining in a dozer to put dirt where he wants it.

Don't ask me where. I moved out of the area, and don't know how much this new place will be kept on the dl. Just wanted to put some good news on this thread...
    Yeah, P.L. told me about it Sunday at the nwd5 show.
    dl 4 sho!

Pro Crastinator
    ......"some jumps" was plowed today.........
    makes me almost want to when i hear of the demise of another spot for my most beloved sport.....

Dirt Jumping OWNS All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    makes me almost want to when i hear of the demise of another spot for my most beloved sport.....
    especially when know how much time, effort and sweat went into building them

l337 |31k3r
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian
    especially when know how much time, effort and sweat went into building them
    Anyone have pictures of the carnage? I never went to the jumps...but always wanted to...
    People call me a dick, but I just think im clever.

Honary member of the
    591 club & 773 club.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedro
    what he meant was 'greaser' types, most likely performing choreographed musical outakes which somehow degrade dirt jumps...

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Dirt Jumping OWNS All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed.

jrm
    mtbr member

usually

The property owners within the city agree to be assessed not only for the contruction of the park but they also agree to NOT hold the city liable for little junior splitting his head open. In most cases this agreement sets presendence for the obtaining of insurance which again leaves the city harmless. But all this has to be done on public land that is either existing or deeded tothe city for the sole purpose.

We have a nice skatepark on public land here on Alameda. But they dont allow bikes, which kinda sucks. from what the local kids tell me they poach the park at night. Ahh the memories..
    Last edited by jrm; 10-27-2004 at 05:31 PM. Reason: ..............

Just Ride
    why do people/ the government waste money on renting out tractors and laborers for the day simply to ruin stuff that we dedicate hours of blood and sweat to? when there is plenty of much better things to be using money on. its stupid to put all that effort in to the oddity that a mountain biker will sue you. how many of you would even think about blaming who evers land it is for you casing a jump and going over the bars?

ps: im aware there is many flaws in my arguement but im in a bad mood and this got me going.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramatica
    Good question. Im sure there is a reason, but any reason I try to think of gets knocked out by the voice saying that just BS and you know it.

I would love to get some sweet DJ's setup arround here.....I have a little buildable land, but its a pain to get equiptment up there. Most of my work is done with a smaller shovle and a smaller ho. cheers
    i dont know about any dj places down in california but up in seattle there are a few organized ones at greenlake and woodland park. It just took a few bikers getting organized and presenting a case to the city for them to allow it

mtbr member
    Naturally there is only one thing to do when the "man" messes with your trails say F U and build them bigger next time. When i get out of college and become a pilot im buyin a **** load of land souly for mountain biking, open to public.

mtbr remember
    When i get out of college and become a pilot im buyin a **** load of land souly for mountain biking, open to public.
    Right on, but get ready to be sued! Gotta face reality - most of society is comprised of greedy fools!
    All of the jumps around me that have been torn down were just to build stupid Subdivisions and little party store/strip malls. One place that they tore down (probably one of the better areas too) get dozed, than all they built was a partial sidewalk and parking lot, then the idiots ran out of money and ceased building.
    I too plan on buying some super gnarly land w/ some major elevation, than just making trails/dj's all over and maybe run a small tow rope too for boarding in the winter (a la DC Park in Utah) and possibly biking.
    btw- both of those spots looked sweet, too bad for the loss, I guess it's just reason and motivation to find somewhere else to build bigger and better.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Here's something crazy. I bet many of you are thinking " if I had the property, or the money to buy some property, I'd build some sweet-ass jumps and stunts". But I've heard of the city making property owners tear down stuff that was on their own property,
    F'UD UP!

mtbr member
    Yes getting sued would suck balls. There are a lot of pathetic people in this country, sadly. I would have some options though, like have ppl sign a waver. or post private properity signs up everywhere and sit on my porch with a shotgun yelling obsenities at noone all the while people are biking on my property "illegally" then if someone gets hurt i can not be held responsible.

mtbr member
    damnit, i was just up there saturday when John Jesme was finishing up his HUGE 6 pack...tear

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zerossix
    why do people/ the government waste money on renting out tractors and laborers for the day simply to ruin stuff that we dedicate hours of blood and sweat to? when there is plenty of much better things to be using money on. its stupid to put all that effort in to the oddity that a mountain biker will sue you. how many of you would even think about blaming who evers land it is for you casing a jump and going over the bars?

ps: im aware there is many flaws in my arguement but im in a bad mood and this got me going.
    It's not an oddity, fool. Look toward the beginning of the thread. It happens, deal with it.

edit: didn't see you're ps. lots of stuff has been torn down in my area this year...i mean lots, all the primo stuff. you just have to focus your anger on the appropriate targets
    Last edited by Shibby; 10-27-2004 at 07:21 PM.

Youngbuck
    It sucks when Dj's get plowed. My local jumps were destroyed a couple of weeks ago and im yet to find a good alternative. Me and some friends were building in a forest but their just small gaps,nothing like what we lost to the plow.
    Honorary Member of the: 500 club

Just Ride
    It's not an oddity, fool. Look toward the beginning of the thread. It happens, deal with it.
    i know, thats waht im saying, sort of. we get the shaft of it though. but not a whole lot we can do about it.

mtbr remember
    post private properity signs up everywhere and sit on my porch with a shotgun yelling obsenities at noone all the while people are biking on my property "illegally" then if someone gets hurt i can not be held responsible.
    That's some funny stuff.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

edit: didn't see you're ps. lots of stuff has been torn down in my area this year...i mean lots, all the primo stuff. you just have to focus your anger on the appropriate targets
    yeah where i live they had these jumps on a hill. some kid i heard wasn't too great at riding.. he tried to do a jump and broke his colloarbone. then he got the jumps shut down.

signing a waiver isn't going to protect people. sometimes the insurance companies make the person who got hurt go sue...

i say we build certified "MTBR" mountain bike parks everywhere and only members with over 1,000 posts can use them after they pass "The Test"

mtbr member
    1000 posts that is a dumb idea the ammount of time you spend on a computer. this makes no sence

Just Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    ...only members with over 1,000 posts can use them after they pass "The Test"
    what a coiencidence(spelling?) he just pass a thousand.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettj45
    1000 posts that is a dumb idea the ammount of time you spend on a computer. this makes no sence
    okay not 1000 posts it was just a starting point...
    over 100 or you must be certified as an mtbr member atleast 2 months before you want to ride the official MTBR trails.

mtbr member
    It all depends what you put on your waver you could make it fool proof. could make it so only ppl who race and have a little skill can come honesty i think the only people who would sue would be some newb pvssy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    what a coiencidence(spelling?) he just pass a thousand.....
    hey i changed the plan to accept members like you.

Just Ride
    hey i changed the plan to accept members like you.
    so its over a thousand under a hundred?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    so its over a thousand under a hundred?
    no over 100 or you must be a certified member on this site for atleast 2 months before applying for riding priveleges...

mtbr member
    okay not 1000 posts it was just a starting point...
    over 100 or you must be certified as an mtbr member atleast 2 months before you want to ride the official MTBR trails.

Yea.... still with the internet use and biking.. makes no sence. Just have a course and if they cant do it with style or speed they cant come.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettj45
    Yea.... still with the internet use and biking.. makes no sence. Just have a course and if they cant do it with style or speed they cant come.
    Yes i thought you understood that it was just a joke.

mtbr member
    yes i knew

mtbr remember
    depending on YOUR insurance, a waiver would work, or even the purchase of a tag taht has the specifics written on it, like at ski resorts, etc. - my local mt. makes us sign a waiver and get a ticket everytime we ride bikes there, unless you purchase a season pass, and when snowboarding all you need is the tag. you never hear of people sueing them because they can't (there are some exceptions - chairlift fails and falls off or something )
    Schralp it Heavy.

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    The BMX track at the Hollywood Sports park has a DJ spot, but they're real steep; deisgned by and for BMXers

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by hbfrdh1
    The BMX track at the Hollywood Sports park has a DJ spot, but they're real steep; deisgned by and for BMXers
    ummmm..... they are BIKE jumps........

i wish i could lay down the smack to all idiots who think there is a difference between BMX jumps and MTB jumps.......

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    From my understanding, skiing is LEGALLY considered in many areas as an "inherently dangerous sport". Of course FR/DJ is inherently danger, but not from a legal standpoint (yet). There was a thread a month or so ago where this was explained to me, and this is what makes it possible for ski resorts to stay open as this designation makes it extremely difficult to successfully sue them. That's also why you need to sign a waiver for biking there and just get a tag for skiing/snowboarding.

Everyone is talking about 'just getting waivers signed'. It's not necessarily that easy. First, in many areas, signatures by minors (ie: on a waiver) are not legally binding. So kids would have to get their parents to sign. What if they just forge the signature, then the waiver means nothing. Second, it is really really really (really) hard to make a waiver 'bulletproof'. Even if you get the finest team of lawyers to draft one, it can still be challenged in court. Even if you win in court, you are still out time, lawyers fees, and possibly public image.

What I'm trying to say is that when it comes to things like liability, nothing comes easily at ALL. It is possible, but it is hard to justify putting in the effort for most people who have the money to set up this sort of thing.

Stunts in public as well as private riding areas have been torn down at a staggering rate THIS YEAR. I was pissed, pissed at the city, the landowners, the hikers. But then I started talking to the mtb lobby group and it became clear that it is a really complex issue. I also learned of lawsuits, serious injuries which scared landowners (this kid's parents didn't sue, but what about the next broken neck?), and things of that nature. The lobby group is fighting hard to preserve our trails, but it is NOT an easy arguement by an stretch of the imagination.

Just some food for thought...not all of it applies to all areas, but it should give you an idea of some of the issues

Cheers

mtbr member
    NAturally there is only one solution we have to buy an island souly for mountain biking where we make our own rules.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, just make sure it's in international waters, so we are not under any legal jurisdiction....also so we can have monkey knife fights

mtbr member
    Naturally. There is that island giveaway with capitol one not sure if its in international water though.

Whig party member
    That is so gay that they plowd them! I'm pissed!!! They plowd our local Dj's in Huntington Beach. We biult then back up even better. You are welcome to come over here to jump.
    Fraser

have you seen my baseball
    Yes i thought you understood that it was just a joke.
    shame.
    that place looks fun as hell.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    ummmm..... they are BIKE jumps........

i wish i could lay down the smack to all idiots who think there is a difference between BMX jumps and MTB jumps.......
    There is a dirt jump spot not far from my house called "The Grotto". They are built by bmx'ers, for bmx'ers. Real steep, smaller gaps, and close together. I think there are about 20 sets of doubles down the main line.
    I pretty much suck on my 20" bmx bike compared to my real bikes, but the short wheelbase and lack of suspension alloy me to get through these jumps far easier than on my regular bikes.
    Oh, I've been riding and jumping bikes for 29 years now, if that helps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    That's why many trails / jumps get closed.....lawsuits. You can thank whoever is suing the city for the mess. Nobody takes personal responsibility anymore. Sue if you get hurt, even though it was ALL your fault. Sad.

It's a shame. Hopefully the city will eventually re-open the area.

mtbr member
    This sucks so bad. we had been out there a lot building like crazy too. the new big line was going to be awesome. This is probably the last pic taken before the tear down. after a full day of building..sorry it sucks but it got dark before the camera came out.
    AJ

Pro Crastinator
    and... even worse noose, calabasis park in san jose was fenced off recnetly, with fences between jumps as well, because of a lawsuit of a fellow bikere against the city...............
    get it straight before you go spouting off at the mouth.

the "fellow rider" is adamantly against what his father is doing......

Pro Crastinator
    ............Oh, I've been riding and jumping bikes for 29 years now, if that helps.
    then there is no excuse for you to not hit them on all of your bikes......
    and you should know as well as i, that any experienced rider could hit any properly biuilt rhythm line......

mtbr remember
    .WestCoastHucker. - I would have to both agree w/ you and disagree at teh same time- There is definetly a difference between jumps and rythym sections built for mtb and bmx, but yeah, if you hit them right (also depending on susp setup too) you should be able to make it through- but I've been to sections where its hard to keep up momentum on a bmx, let alone make it through w/ your susp sucking up every pump you do. I've also poached a local nbl bmx track many times and it is really difficult to make it through while clearing everything on a mtb fs rig that these guys can on bmx. Just my experiences though.
    Schralp it Heavy.

Pro Crastinator
    monster difference between dirt jumps and a bmx track...........

bmx track jumps have no lips and are all rounded on top. they have to be so for the small children. next time you are there check it out....

ps. me and my crew have never met a bmx track we couldn't tame on all of our bikes. hardtails thru full on dh rigs.
    people assume that once they have mastered a rhythm line that they have mastered all rhythms. nothing could be farther from the truth.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    monster difference between dirt jumps and a bmx track...........

bmx track jumps have no lips and are all rounded on top. they have to be so for the small children. next time you are there check it out....

ps. me and my crew have never met a bmx track we couldn't tame on all of our bikes. hardtails thru full on dh rigs.
    people assume that once they have mastered a rhythm line that they have mastered all rhythms. nothing could be farther from the truth.....
    Ask Jake if he's been to The Grotto. If he has been there he will back me up in saying that no one could do the new long main line on a downhill bike, no matter who you are or how you set up your suspension. Some of the guys who ride there have been in the X Games including gold medal winner Bruce Crisman.
    You won't see anybody enter the Red Bull Rampage on a bmx bike either, out of it's element.

I've shown up at dirt jump spots with four of my bikes in the back of my van. Rode them all and learned that some bikes work better than others for different kinds of jumps.

Disco-Superfly
    Jump Ruiners are Retarded.
    There were these 11-12 year olds ruining me and my Friend's jumps in the trail between our houses, they thoguht it was so funny.
    They werent laughing anymore with 2 black eyes each and thier boxers ripped up their butt and thier clothes in a tree.
    They havent been in the trail since
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    May 2004

we have one in bellingham

mtbr remember
    I see what your getting at, but all the tables have pretty good lips.

I couldn't agree more, that's most of the fun of hittin up new trails, and finding the flow of that specific section- there is no standard (and there should never be) for jump distances, height, up hill/dh, step-up, step-down, hip etc. It's all like a separate interactive work of art and expression.

You won't see anybody enter the Red Bull Rampage on a bmx bike either, out of it's element.
    That's not a very good example if your trying to show that certain bikes are designed for specific aspects. I do agree w/ you though about there being sections out there that would be near impossible to clear on a mtb vs. bmx.
    Schralp it Heavy.

Twisted,

One of WCH's friends (Alloy) would probably make the whole line at the grotto after about 5 tries on his 8 inch bike. The guys got some skills. WCH would probably get it dialed after a couple hours. After watching those two I believe a big bike can be ridden on any line there is. As far as the little bike on anything- well I never saw anyone clean El Cap, Paul's Line, or the Step Up Line on a 20" at "The Ranch."

/my 2 cent for all of you...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Oregon
    Twisted,

One of WCH's friends (Alloy) would probably make the whole line at the grotto after about 5 tries on his 8 inch bike. The guys got some skills. WCH would probably get it dialed after a couple hours. After watching those two I believe a big bike can be ridden on any line there is. As far as the little bike on anything- well I never saw anyone clean El Cap, Paul's Line, or the Step Up Line on a 20" at "The Ranch."

/my 2 cent for all of you...
    Wow, those must be some icredible bike riders. You have been to the grotto since to the major overhall last spring, I assume?
    I think el cap is totally doable on a 20", not by me, but doable.

I'd like to see these guys ride, sound like rippers.

Yeah, They have some skills. Remember down here in So-cal we don't have the wooden structures in the woods to occupy time. Instead of working on skinnies/ladder stuff you DH, and ride dj's. The local spot we have been riding and digging at is getting pretty tight. I would compare some of the rythym more with The Grotto than with The Ranch. I'm learning it because it's what I have to work with- Although we had rain and have been very busy making some new lines...MotoXpro posted one of them the other day...

Wow, those must be some icredible bike riders. You have been to the grotto since to the major overhall last spring, I assume?
    I think el cap is totally doable on a 20", not by me, but doable.

I'd like to see these guys ride, sound like rippers.

Trials Superstar
    I think the Vans skate park out in the (909) had or has a DJ park. I remember there being one there a few years ago, but that was before I started riding. Correction here was a press release from that park:

"For the first time at a Vans Skate Park, the BMX riders will have areas designated just for themselves, including both indoor and outdoor courses. One of the highlights of this park is the 15,000 square foot outdoor dirt jumping area and BMX course. Over 45 tons of the best mission clay will be trucked in to construct the jumps and obstacles in this area. In addition, the indoor BMX street course has been designed by Vans' pro athlete Rick Thorne."
    There WAS a dirt part of the Vans Skate Park at the Ontario Mills Mall, in Ontarion, CA (The 909 as it is called) but the park was shut down due to low interest and VERY steep prices! I rode my SS DJ bike in there and they all looked at me funny because they saw disk brakes lol oh well.
    Please purchase products from JensonUSA your #1 Internet Dealer for MTB parts!

AS SEEN ON THE X-GAMES and GRAVITY GAMES! How would you like to go 80 MPH on a bike 4 inches from the ground? Well you can learn how at GravityBike.com the home for BMX Speed Machines!

2004-2005 Sponsors
    Maxxis Tires
    Targert Sponsor
    Azonic
    Hayes