RODO DH Prototype pics now available- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5

    RODO DH Prototype pics now available

    Hey Guys,
    I just wanted to show everyone the new RODO Racing prototype DH bike.

    If you want to see more, check out www.rodoracing.com, and go to the 'News' section.

    Phil
    RODO
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    827
    prices? geometry?
    your logo is a pot leaf in a heart?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBsSd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    895
    kind of an odd design... I wonder how it'll hold up...
    "Better safe than scarry"

    www.3dmtb.net

  4. #4
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Karpiel!
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  5. #5
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Jm.
    Karpiel!
    Not!..

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dream4est's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,271
    well what is it then zedro? it sure looks like a dual parallelogram linkage to me.
    Divide Bike Bags

  7. #7
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    well what is it then zedro? it sure looks like a dual parallelogram linkage to me.
    and so are VPPs, DW Links, the Cortina DH-8 and so on....exact linkage location is of utmost importance, not just 'visual similarity'....

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dream4est's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,271
    jm i gotta agree with you it's soooooo karpiel.

    Divide Bike Bags

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    and so are VPPs, DW Links, the Cortina DH-8 and so on....exact linkage location is of utmost importance, not just 'visual similarity'....
    zedro, i dunno what they're trying to teach you in school, but you can tell EVERYTHING about a bike by how it looks. you're wastin your money on that edumacation.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBsSd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    895
    anybody got a pic of benders old karpiel?
    "Better safe than scarry"

    www.3dmtb.net

  11. #11
    /dev/null
    Reputation: binary visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    jm i gotta agree with you it's soooooo karpiel.
    ...and you'd still be wrong. Just because it's got two linkage plates and a solid rear end doesn't mean it's anything like a Karpiel. There's a half dozen different suspension designs that use that setup.

    Just think for a second, how many axle paths are possible with that type of configuration.

    Canfield and Rocky Mountain (in addition to the ones Zedro listed) also use this configuration. None of them work the same way.

    Anyway, bike looks nice.. Very simple, clean lines, low CoG.. Hopefully it performs as good as it looks!

  12. #12
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    and so are VPPs, DW Links, the Cortina DH-8 and so on....exact linkage location is of utmost importance, not just 'visual similarity'....
    actually when i saw it first i thought it was exactly like the karp with linkage placement, now i see there is a sig difference in the distance of the upper and lower links on the horizontal plane. oops.

    must have something to do with not sleeping since sunday
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dream4est's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,271
    yes they perform differently but lets see how this one's linkages hold up to lateral forces(the enemy of most dual parallelogram linkages). this one is nearly an exact copy of the karpiel design so its nothing new. and this thread is spam. so to review its a rehashed design AND spam.
    Divide Bike Bags

  14. #14
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    this one is nearly an exact copy of the karpiel design .

    no, it's not, i was just freaking out
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  15. #15
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    yes they perform differently but lets see how this one's linkages hold up to lateral forces(the enemy of most dual parallelogram linkages). this one is nearly an exact copy of the karpiel design so its nothing new. and this thread is spam. so to review its a rehashed design AND spam.
    uhh, they perform differently but its also a rehashed design? do you understand what design means? have you ever actually designed anything?

    it is not spam either, it is actually called news....

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by binary visions
    Anyway, bike looks nice.. Very simple, clean lines, low CoG.. Hopefully it performs as good as it looks!
    it does look really nice. simple and clean.
    still wanting more info!

  17. #17
    a'buh?
    Reputation: flyingwalrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    635
    even if it was an exact copy of the karpiel, and said "carpielle" on it, who cares? It's a really nice looking bike, and I am oddly really drawn to it...
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

  18. #18
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly
    it does look really nice. simple and clean.
    still wanting more info!
    yup, nice, uncluttered design.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23

    Good job!

    looking good!

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dream4est's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    uhh, they perform differently but its also a rehashed design? do you understand what design means? have you ever actually designed anything?

    it is not spam either, it is actually called news....
    zedro just because you built a frame means nothing. my buddies at road 34 built crappy orange knock offs years ago and they actually ride so back off. you whine about armor protection when you crash because of lack of skill (like rockgarden knows less about cycling than you). i did build a double crown four inch fork in 1997- 6 months before rock shox introduced the dho. i am not an engineer but it worked way better than the dho. so your saying that this design is better than the good (vpp) dual parallelogram linkages? i have been on a v10 more than you and i doubt that modo could beat that concept. just because a bunch of similar dual parallelogram linkages perform slightly different does not make them different designs.

    so since your talking smack zedro do you even actually ride or do you just moderate all day? do you understand what riding means? have you ever actually been on a bicycle?
    Divide Bike Bags

  21. #21
    /dev/null
    Reputation: binary visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    zedro just because you built a frame means nothing. my buddies at road 34 built crappy orange knock offs years ago and they actually ride so back off. you whine about armor protection when you crash because of lack of skill (like rockgarden knows less about cycling than you). i did build a double crown four inch fork in 1997- 6 months before rock shox introduced the dho. i am not an engineer but it worked way better than the dho. so your saying that this design is better than the good (vpp) dual parallelogram linkages? i have been on a v10 more than you and i doubt that modo could beat that concept. just because a bunch of similar dual parallelogram linkages perform slightly different does not make them different designs.

    so since your talking smack zedro do you even actually ride or do you just moderate all day? do you understand what riding means? have you ever actually been on a bicycle?
    Heh.

    I'm not actually sure where to start here.

    Not to fight Zedros battles for him but in order:
    A) where does his skill enter into this? If you don't crash, you're not pushing yourself. You have no idea how he or any of us ride. And where does that enter into this discussion anyway?
    B) you say building something doesn't mean anything, so nobody gives a crap about your DC fork back in 1996. Woo-frickin'-hoo. DC forks were not new even back in 1996 - MX bikes and motorcycles have been using them since the dawn of time, dude.
    C) No claims were made about the frame's performance. It was simply stated that it WAS a different design. Not better or worse, just different.
    D) Uh, if they perform differently, that makes them different designs. That type of linkage is almost infinitly variable. Show us the mapped linkage path and explain how it's the same, or shut up. You're comparing it to a VPP now, before you were comparing it to a Karpiel. Those two designs aren't the same, they aren't even similar. You are clearly just talking out of your ass.

    Thanks for playing.. Bye now.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dream4est's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,271
    they are similar and the v10 just happens to be the best of the genre. it does not take a genius to ride all the designs (and the subtle variations of the designs) and know how they feel. i have been on like 15 different 04 bikes this season and have a good idea of what works and what does not.

    the main reason i say the karpiel and the v10 ride similar. jumped them both. dj's speak the truth sometimes. i thought the v10 was a better bike that tracked and bit harder on lines.
    Divide Bike Bags

  23. #23
    /dev/null
    Reputation: binary visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    they are similar and the v10 just happens to be the best of the genre. it does not take a genius to ride all the designs (and the subtle variations of the designs) and know how they feel. i have been on like 15 different 04 bikes this season and have a good idea of what works and what does not.

    the main reason i say the karpiel and the v10 ride similar. jumped them both. dj's speak the truth sometimes. i thought the v10 was a better bike that tracked and bit harder on lines.
    Look, the Karpiel and VPP design are not the same. It's just a fact. Whether or not you personally can tell the difference from the saddle is moot - there IS a difference, they perform differently, and you're only one guy with one opinion. Some people are not very sensitive to suspension differences, some people are super sensitive to them.

    The VPP is probably the most different of all that type of linkage designs right now, having an S-shaped axle path (in theory - from what I hear, the V10 wasn't done exactly to the way VPP should be).

    That's great that you like the V10, but just because you couldn't tell the difference on a few runs of each doesn't make all of those linkage designs the same.

  24. #24
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    i never claimed one was better, please use a quote directly next time you attack a position (oh wait, there was no position taken, might be hard to find a quote then).

    Non-horst link 4 bars perform differently from Horsts despite 'appearing' to be the same; this holds true both on paper and in real life. And if you dont believe how small variances (to which these arent even small, especially vs. a VPP) in 4 bar linkage design affect performance, ask top suspension designers such as Dave Weagle or Dave Turner (these are the Daves i know i know, these are the Daves i know....).

    Have you ever mapped out suspension designs, do you realise how the ICs make a difference? Small changes in linkage geometry have drastic effects on where the ICs track; the prototype's arent even in the same ballbark as the VPPs, in fact one of the VPPs links are completly reversed in relation! These bikes are not the same species at all, and calling them the same 'genre' is pretty misleading.

    The Karpiel is considered as a dated design by some, but this design wont even be the same. I cant comment on its pseudo-performance, because 4 bar designs are that complicated and sensitive to geometry, and we dont even know what the design was optimized for.

    No, i'm not a guru, but i do understand the complexity and the issues involved with suspension design. If you did to, you wouldnt be armchair engineering a response and pre-determining a performance report based on a skewed angle picture from a prototype sneek-peek to which it would be impossible to even reverse engineer properly in CAD.

    Think you should take this over to Pinkbike...

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23
    some people in here need to take some chill pills i think..

  26. #26
    BJ-
    BJ- is offline
    Rota Imports
    Reputation: BJ-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,669
    oh yeh...its ok...i guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

  27. #27
    sponsored by Kotex
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by namachari
    Hey Guys,
    I just wanted to show everyone the new RODO Racing prototype DH bike.

    If you want to see more, check out www.rodoracing.com, and go to the 'News' section.

    Phil
    RODO
    Nice looking prototype-it doesn't look real heavy. the gussets look similar to the mountain cycle rumble on the headtube and seatpost/toptube juction area. Very nice!
    & It appears relatively light. I hope you have a winner!
    good luck RODO...

Similar Threads

  1. Will PASS DH Race pics 6.27
    By pdirt in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 12:07 PM
  2. Beg/Sport DH pics from Snowshoe???
    By Mr. Self Destruct in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 08:34 AM
  3. DH race pics.
    By Max_winner1 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 08:17 PM
  4. New Santa Cruz VPP DH bike, pics from Sea Otter
    By CraigH in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 06:57 PM
  5. New Santa Cruz VPP DH bike, pics from Sea Otter
    By CraigH in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 04:46 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.