Roco TST Air on Bottlerocket?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Roco TST Air on Bottlerocket?

Is anyone running a Roco TST Air on a their Bottlerocket or any other FR/DH frame? I am about 190lbs with gear. I will be using it mostly as a trail bike with some shuttle runs. I probably won't hit anything over 7 feet and will be making resort trips about 2-3 times a year including Whistler. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

mtbr member
    That sounds like a sweet setup.

TST air and maybe a 66ata....niiiiiiice

I wish I had...
    another question does anone know what the minimum fork travel u can have on a bottlerocket without messing up the geometry? Thanks
    I wish I had...

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    i have seen one with a pike on it and it looked kinda weird. the lowest i would go personally is 150mm
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

mtbr member
    140mm, i've heard rolls real nice.. super nimble.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    its like 140 or so on the geo page i think, and on the first BR photo thread page its real shoirt

I wish I had...
    cuz my friend is looking to buy this frame and he wants to put his 130mm forkon so do u think it will mess up the geo?
    I wish I had...

mtbr member
    It will definately mess up the geo, unless he wants to make it an XC bike.

That bike was designed for a 66 or totem.

mtbr member
    The BR is actually designed for a FOX 36 its a perfect frok for the BR.. As for minium travel 150-160mm, I had a Pike on my Preston and it was nice I needed a little more travel but I am also 240lb but that fork rocked, wish I never sold it.. On the BR I would rock a Fox 36 hands down and i am a huge Zoke fan but I have ridden one with a 36 and it felt awesome but I didnt do much DH with it.. If your planning to do alot of shuttles with it you can also go with the 66 ATA I went to that on my Preston cause I was riding Diablo with it and it worked out pretty good a bit to much travel for the Preston but that why Iloved the adjustablity of it.. I put a new Zoke 55 on my Preston but I have not ridden it yet it may be another option for the BR..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dowst
    It will definately mess up the geo, unless he wants to make it an XC bike.

That bike was designed for a 66 or totem.
    No, like El Gordo said, it was designed around a 36/ Lyric/ Wotan/ 55. Transition just says that they were going for the 36, but they've all got the same amount of travel and the same a-c height.

I think a 130mm fork is almost certainly too short, unless you're using it mostly as a DJ bike, but then you'd be better off with a Double. I've got a 36 Van. RC2 on mine and it feels really good for a lot of different uses. It's totally DH-able, but is still plenty nimble to trail ride and jump. If your friend's on a budget, push him towards a Domain. Or, if he needs to, I guess it'd be OK to put the 130 on and save up for somthing bigger.

Members who have read this thread: 0