Roco setup- Mtbr.com

Thread: Roco setup

Action Sports Trader

Roco setup

Has anyone else had problems with their Roco? I just got a new Roco for my 6.6 and the darn shock is very springy. I adjusted all of the settings and it still has a springy feel to it. Does anyone have any information on this shock? Does anyone know how to add or replace the oil? Any information will help.

Sam
    eflattenstomach
    The best FREE home fitness workshop!! Get free meal plans, workout plans and more. Click HERE to get ripped.

100% Cheesy Goodness
    define "springy". If you have dialed the rebound all the way in then you would be having some problems. Also I do believe that you have to have like 200-225PSI or something like that in the IFP, consult you manual for the correct setting as i did it once and havent F*ed with mine since. If you're talking about it bobbing real bad when you are pedalling, the shock is probably working fine. This shock on my Cowan DS pedals not so good, but it more than makes up for it on the hits and stutter.
    Blaaah blaaah blaaah

Action Sports Trader

Springy

I know the thing bobs a lot when pedaling. My problem is on any jump, drop or anything in between, the rebound just does not seem to work. On my 5th element, when I kranked the rebound dial all the way it, the shock would be so dampened that it would not rebound at all. The shock would remain stuck down. On the Roco no matter if I have the dial all the way in or all the way out the rebound is exactly the same, none. Thus when I go off of a drop the shock tries to buck me off of the bike, because there is no rebound dampening.

Quote Originally Posted by sortafast
    define "springy". If you have dialed the rebound all the way in then you would be having some problems. Also I do believe that you have to have like 200-225PSI or something like that in the IFP, consult you manual for the correct setting as i did it once and havent F*ed with mine since. If you're talking about it bobbing real bad when you are pedalling, the shock is probably working fine. This shock on my Cowan DS pedals not so good, but it more than makes up for it on the hits and stutter.
    eflattenstomach
    The best FREE home fitness workshop!! Get free meal plans, workout plans and more. Click HERE to get ripped.

rollin
    Quote Originally Posted by samanderson4
    the shock tries to buck me off of the bike, because there is no rebound dampening.

i had a similar issue. the rebound knob turns a thread bolt that moves up or down, opening or closing the rebound valve. marzocchi puts a threadlock in this to prevent it from moving on it's own. try gently turning the rebound knob with either an allen key that fits in the bolt holding the knob on or plyers with a rag. add some leverage and see if you can turn the rebound knob beyond what you thought was the end of adjustment. this happened to me, and i broke in the threadlock, now i get full rebound. you should be able to slow the roco way down, so that it takes a few seconds to rebound. it has a very wide range of adjustment. be carefull not to force anything.

Action Sports Trader

Rebound adjuster

Is the flat head screw on the opposite side of the shock supposed to turn when you turn the rebound adjuster? The rebound adjuster turns just fine. I can hear it clinking so it seems to be adjusting, it just does not make any difference in the feel on the shock. I'm starting to assume that the whole shock is messed up. The compression does not work on it either. When I take the spring off and manually push down the shaft, there is dampening. But when I use the adjusters to increase or decrease the compression it feels exactly the same no matter how far I adjust it. I think I might have gotten a lemon.

SAm
    eflattenstomach

rollin
    Is the flat head screw on the opposite side of the shock supposed to turn when you turn the rebound adjuster?
    no, it is not.

how many full turns are you getting out of your rebound adjustment? you should be able to get 4 or 5 full turns of the rebound knob.

Action Sports Trader

5 turns

Yeah,

I get about 5 full turns. With every turn of the rebound adjuster the flathead screw on the underside of the shock makes a revolution also. I'm assuming that is the problem. Now I have to worry about the compression.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    no, it is not.

how many full turns are you getting out of your rebound adjustment? you should be able to get 4 or 5 full turns of the rebound knob.
    eflattenstomach

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Has anyone else had problems with their Roco? I just got a new Roco for my 6.6 and the darn shock is very springy. I adjusted all of the settings and it still has a springy feel to it. Does anyone have any information on this shock? Does anyone know how to add or replace the oil? Any information will help.

Sam
    Here you go..... http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...highlight=roco
    "yer all a bunch of god damned *************, damn it."

rollin
    With every turn of the rebound adjuster the flathead screw on the underside of the shock makes a revolution also.
    hmm...i could be mistaken about the flathead screw. my roco is on my v10, not only is the rebound knob tough to get at, but i can't even see the flathead screw...the shock is in there pretty tight.

Glad to Be Alive
    you may have to add oil

remove spring
    let air out, compress shock and let air out again
    remove bleed screw..i.e. phillips head on backside of air chamber end
    pump out any old oil
    fill with new oil and pressurize
    cycle shock a few times then bleed air, top off oil and pressurize
    the end
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Action Sports Trader

Still not working

I tried all of the tips listed above an the shock is still F-ed up. I'm taking it in to get fixed. As I said before, I think I just got a lemon. I'm pretty sure my bike breaks a day or two before any long weekend, Murphy's Law.

Sam
    eflattenstomach

Members who have read this thread: 0