rocky mountain rmx: yay or nay why or why not- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005

rocky mountain rmx: yay or nay why or why not

i know they have the new flatline coming out so some rmx frames are on sale for pretty cheap, what do you guys think, old tech, better bikes out there? i was considering the socom or commencal and would love a devinci wilson , but seems like the rmx is a solid bike, just don't want to buy it and find out i should have pulled some more cheddar for a "newer" frame

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    RMX's ride awesome! I dig em. Only drawbacks are the weight, (Usually close to 13 lbs.) and somewhat flexy rear swingarm with 18 inch chainstays... I never spent any time on the 150mm rear hub models though.

I saw stealth black 07 frames on e-bay for cheap. Kind of tempting to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I've never ridden one but I still think they are bad ass bikes. While I do have an RM, it's not an RMX.
    They look like they do what they were built for (DH/FR) very well. However, they don't loo like they are very good pedaler/climbers.
    I think Wade Simmons used to ride one.
    I'd definitely buy one if I had the money for a spare bike that I didnt' ride but once in a while. But Nashville just doesn't have the hills/elevation to warrant a bike of that calibur.
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    thats what im thinking, i was actually looking at the stealth black one, its a 1.5 head tube also

id love a 2nd bike but im going to school now so i can really only afford 1 (last rig got stolen)

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    It's also worth noting that this model is the last hand-made-in-Canada big bike that Rocky will produce. Flatlines and Slayer SS models are going to be made over the pond.

mtbr member
    the rmx is one bullit proof bike. its heavy, but deffinetley rides awsome. you'll get used to the weight after a while but yea the only con is the weight
    GETOFFTHEBRAKESYAFAIRY

I CAN ALWAYS GO BIGGER
    I love the Rmx because it corners so well and kills any rock garden. It's a little heavy but its because they are equiped with heavy parts.You should make me an offer on my 07' Team size Md

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by RYAN E
    It's a little heavy but its because they are equiped with heavy parts.
    Your Team is full Saint right? Yeah that's heavy, but the frame weighs 13 pounds. That tops a lot of WC downhill frames out there. V-Tach's and Banchee Screams weigh that much... I was amazed to hear the Flatlines are lighter... You wouldn't tell by looking at them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RYAN E
    I love the Rmx because it corners so well and kills any rock garden. It's a little heavy but its because they are equiped with heavy parts.You should make me an offer on my 07' Team size Md
    i definitely would but at 6'2 im going for a large, thanks though, if you dont mind, why are you selling?

fwiw, im studying mechanical engineering right now and if i do get it im thinking about making a floating brake setup out of a carbon rod and 6 series brake mount, i heard brake squat isnt too bad on these things though

Members who have read this thread: 0