Rockshox Damper Question....- Mtbr.com
    moaaar shimz

Rockshox Damper Question....

I hope someone can chip in some knowledge

What is the difference between Motion and Mission Control Damper? For example the difference between the Mission Control Totem and the Motion Control Totem.

Thanks

Bike Ninja |||
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    I hope someone can chip in some knowledge

What is the difference between Motion and Mission Control Damper? For example the difference between the Mission Control Totem and the Motion Control Totem.

Thanks
    honestly not too sure. I opened up my specialized "mission control" (false advertising...) totem which is said to have the motion control dampening circuit. compared to that of another totem's REAL mission control dampener unit i found no visible difference with the same overall feel.

maybe i got lucky and got a real mission control in my totem. doesn't really matter anywhoo as i sold that sucker pronto.

Im not too sure how any totem can be motion control as it has both high / low speed dampening. motion only has low speed.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

banned
    Didn't like the Totem?

Bike Ninja |||
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Didn't like the Totem?
    naw, blew it thrice and said to my bike "thou shalt be blessed with thee marzocchi greatness!".

hated the dampening too... not enough adjustment range.

was cool (looking) though.

Meh.
    Actually with Motion control, you could treat the Floodgate like low speed damping and the knob as the high speed.

Mechanically, Motion Control is quite simple compared to the Mission Control. Google it, I remember there being some good articles.

Not enough adjustment range? What are you? 600000000000000000000000000000000 pounds?

As for "blowing" it... I can believe it. Those seals p!ss oil.

Meh.

moaaar shimz
    Thanks Will

Bike Ninja |||
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Actually with Motion control, you could treat the Floodgate like low speed damping and the knob as the high speed.

Mechanically, Motion Control is quite simple compared to the Mission Control. Google it, I remember there being some good articles.

Not enough adjustment range? What are you? 600000000000000000000000000000000 pounds?

As for "blowing" it... I can believe it. Those seals p!ss oil.

nope. 155 lbs w/ gear.
    the rebound cartridge body kept coming loose and presto no oil left in the dampener. Rock shox only puts teflon tape on the threads, instead of locktiteing them. The new warranty ones now come with locktite on them, but it doesn't matter. The compression dampening has such a small adjustment range. Rebuilt it many times with different weight oils and couldn't get it to adjust for what i needed. Low speed as well as high was dialed all the way in (with correct oil volume i might add) and no dice. not enough (i like a lot of compression, and i was using the firm springs...)

anywho the motion control unit is very simple compared to the mission control. i'm not sure how people say that the spec. totem has motion control.

Rock Shox is ironing out all the bumps for them, but i was not impressed for the first year.
    maybe in a year or two.

Members who have read this thread: 0