Rock Shox totem coil DH 2010- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Rock Shox totem coil DH 2010

How long it takes to get the proper work of this fork ? I think that it works too slow now. Maybe someone knows something about it ? Thanks !

2010 Glory custom FR
    I am no expert, but I have just had my 2010 Totem Solo Air fixed. I had same problem as You have.
    Service guy removed lowers and but grease on upper seals, coz they were simply dry :O
    He also put so called red room oil? in a air chamber and refilled oil from bottom.
    It works much better now, but still, has to break through initial "friction".
    pozdro
    frango

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    A buddy of mine had a lyrik come through on his remedy with no lubricating fluid in the lowers... Hit that thing with the speed lube

mtbr member
    May 2008
    sprayed some silicon oil on my seal and my SA came back alive again....

bearded
    Red Rum
    BLKMRKT

mtbr member
    May 2009
    What is 'red rum' ? If I disassembly my totem I would loose my warranty ? What would You say about rock shox judy butter ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVV
    What is 'red rum' ? If I disassembly my totem I would loose my warranty ? What would You say about rock shox judy butter ?
    Nah they encourage it

http://www.youtube.com/user/SRAMtech

Check the servicing videos under totem our mission control - the totem is super easy to work on - all you need is a pair of snap ring pliers and a 24mm socket and you are all set.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    And is it normal, that the fork is very hard during first sag. For example it is unused for few hours and when i`m pressing it, it is very hard at the begining.
    Is it normal ? Or maybe it would change after few hours of riding ?

mtbr member
    And is it normal, that the fork is very hard during first sag. For example it is unused for few hours and when i`m pressing it, it is very hard at the begining.
    Ensure your lowers are lubed internally (with the speed lube)

Then spray silicon oil on your stanchions before each ride and all will be well

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Can You give me some instruction ? I didn`t found any totem 2010 manuals. There isn`t floodgate and I don`t know is the service the same. I have to disassemble the fork ? What type of oil is used to lube ? Is it 15W ?
    Last edited by SeVV; 02-25-2010 at 01:32 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I`ve filled fork with 15wt rock shox oil because there was only a some drops of red liquid. I`ve put rock shox judy butter on DRY seals. The fork runs like a butter now.
    I don`t know how much time it takes to rebound became faster ? Is it normal that at beginning rebound isn`t very fast ? Or maybe totem coil dh isn`t as fast as I think ?

2010 Glory custom FR
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M2R
    And is it normal, that the fork is very hard during first sag. For example it is unused for few hours and when i`m pressing it, it is very hard at the beginning.

Ensure your lowers are lubed internally (with the speed lube)

Then spray silicon oil on your stanchions before each ride and all will be well
    I have got identical problem. I hope the service I wrote about few days ago and Deo Spray will fix it.
    pozdro
    frango

mtbr member
    I`ve filled fork with 15wt rock shox oil because there was only a some drops of red liquid. I`ve put rock shox judy butter on DRY seals. The fork runs like a butter now.
    I don`t know how much time it takes to rebound became faster ? Is it normal that at beginning rebound isn`t very fast ? Or maybe totem coil dh isn`t as fast as I think ?

My 2010 Totem 2-Step had slow rebound initially. After about 2 weeks of riding or so it started to speed up to normal speed. I didn't notice the "slow" rebound on the trail though. It was probably just stiction from tight seals. My seals are rather dry too.
    About buying a bike:
    Quote Originally Posted by No MSG
    It's like finding a wife. Personality is important, but you gotta look at that face every morning.

mtbr member
    easy fix. sell the totem and buy a zoke. best choice i ever made. my totem has been rebuilt liek 3 times and never felt as good as my evo but honestly. put some seal butter on the seals. throw like 3-5 cc extra speed lube in lowers and it should be better.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    So.. Is this new 2010 mission control DH some kind of... weak fork ? ( Or maybe after few hours of ride everything will be better ?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    You know, I think we have to listen to our friend Quarashi who has 2 step 2010 totem. I think the friction is only at the beginning of usage the fork. Quarashi rode his totem about 2 weeks and he said that it`s getting faster. I think RS didn`t made any mistake and initially friction is intended. My fork works better after some about 2 hours of light riding.. Hope we shouldn`t worry Right BigMac&Fries ?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    So You think RS made some kind of mistake ?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Maybe You can tell what the sram told You If You contact them. Ok ?

Members who have read this thread: 0