Road rides can be fun too....- Mtbr.com
    not a forum admin

Road rides can be fun too....

DOG LOVERS - STOP READING NOW - CLICK BACK - IF YOU THINK DOGS HAVE RIGHT AWAY - STOP READING NOW.

anyways - for those of you who are sick as all mighty hell of dogs jumping right in front of you while you pass on a bike.

i think i might have hit 1 in the nose today while on the road bike. kind of exciting. kind of mean too - i mean - animals are just animals - it should have been the owner - but - maybe if the owner is not smart enough to keep a short leash in high traffic areas - the dog now knows.

See - a road has stunt features too.

FYI - yes - i know i am probably going to hell for this - but it couldn't be helped.

clyde in training
    did it look something like this?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0dzMp61G5w&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0dzMp61G5w&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nwsula
    did it look something like this?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0dzMp61G5w&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0dzMp61G5w&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

saddness...u see that rim fold
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Now with More Wood
    I love how the owner (probably) just goes up to the dog and pats it kindly to say "you're OK now, just come back here and sit with me, I'm glad you're fine, don't let that nasty guy on his bike get you down. We'll just continue sitting here ON THE SHOULDER and continue our little day out, you and I. I wish there weren't so many bikes around".

Anyway, its only the Tour - thankfully there is always doping to the rescue if that guy should feel tired after falling off his bike.

Yay! Bikes !
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    . kind of exciting. kind of mean too - i mean - animals are just animals
    are you serious??

The Beaver
    well if that's all that you did then I will see you in hell also...

I usually un-clip and kick the dogs. not hard, but enough so that they will leave me alone in the future.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

StraightOuttaCompton
    geez, he smacked the dog, but i have a feeling that the guy will be facing more pain than the dog anyways. I love the mad flexiness of the rims. I should use them as shocks on my dh bike!
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Can I Borrow Some Style?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djponee
    I love the mad flexiness of the rims. I should use them as shocks on my dh bike!
    I don't think the rebound would perform like you want it to!
    Passion is what we all need, the rest is secondary.
    Yeah I ride fixed on occasion, get over it.

i eat rocks
    dogs should be kept away from races, i remember on here somebody posted up a picture of one of the fontana races someones dog in the race course barking at the rider.

stupid.

mtbr member
    that rim folded!!! but i kinda laughed at the dog... he was just cruising like hey guys whats goin on, where you goin?!?!

yeah, uh............bikes
    so far my only confirmed kills on the road bike have been lizards, bugs, and frogs. I like to think of them as "reflex tests".

My new route takes me right by a nice pond so ducks may be added to the list soon......but that dog video make me wonder if my bike will come out worse on a duck impact.

a victim:
    Attached Images Attached Images

a tight kick sound
    I literally ran smack-full over a the mid section of a cat goin about 35 once on the road. I stayed up but that little guy rolled about 12 times. I stopped to see if it was ok but it got up a ran like hell.

I will be sure to serve y'all a nice drink while we are in hell

should know better.....
    Classic Yellow Lab type mentality..
    "Yup, Yup, here I am. I love people. I'm OK, I'm OK. Hope that guy is OK. Yup yup yup, I love people, I love people..."
    Meanwhile he should be lying down yelping in pain.
    Those dogs are SOLID!!!! Good thing too....

General Rabble-Rouser
    We carry dog spray on the trails because of so many unleashed aggressive dogs.

It's now been used once, after two warnings on a womans mongrel who charged my GF, the dog got a mouthful. I still see the woman on occasion and her dog is now leashed.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    im surprised someone hasnt chimed in with the i was on a ride when a rottweiler the size of a hippo came out of nowhere at me, i front flipped off the bike and caught the dog in the face with a spinning kick speech yet!!!!!

BrassBalled DropbarNinja

When in doubt, go faster
    **** people who think dogs are gods. **** THEM! **** **** **** THEM IN THE ****ING NUTTS!

the only two dogs i've ever ridden with (RSclimbs) are the ****ing ****. they are awesome dogs and no not to get in the way of bikes. infact, Heidi is a helllllllllla chill dog. but like i said. **** dog idolizers.

StraightOuttaCompton
    I don't think the rebound would perform like you want it to!
    nope, that is why you use them for hucking. One use and you throw them away, just like bender, how gay.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Members who have read this thread: 0