Risse champ for zocchi 66 trade.... Now or Never- Mtbr.com
    Moose Member

Risse champ for zocchi 66 trade.... Now or Never

Looking at trading my risse champ on my 2002 Intense m1 for a 2006 marzocchi 66. I do some dh and lots of freeride. Nothing to extreem so i think the 66 will be way better that the 16 lbs risse champ. i weigh about 135 so it would be a much better option. It would be a trade, no money involved. i just got a job so i should be able to buy a used 888 or boxxer around april or may next year, just want a lighter fork to ride around at my friends house with (backyard freeride thread). anyway it looks like this:

Risse champ for zocchi 66 trade.... Now or Never-zocchi-66.jpg

It will be close as to wether it hits the down tube or not. my champ has completely flat crowns and would probably barely not make it under the down tube (just the very corner would hit a little bit... it looks like, just a guess) so do you think the 66 would work? if i does hit the downtube cant i just put pads or wrap the top of the 66 so it wont hit as hard? i dont think it could knock a adjustment knob off...

The bottom line is: YES or NO

if no then im riding my champ for a while (undesireable)

Trade needs to be done in the next day or two

Please help =]
    Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    That fork should be money for ya. Don't know about all that stuff at the bottom about hitting. I'm not sure I follow you there, but otherwise I think you'd enjoy this fork a lot more for the freeriding that you're doing. Shedding half the weight off your fork would be nice too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    It's a 66 VF2 right? Value wise it's probably worth less than the risse, it's not the best performing fork in the world, but i'd rather have it than a 16 pound fork, that's ridiculous.

meow meow
    i say do it. its a pretty solid fork and you will really notice ten less pounds of bike weight.

Beer Swilling Clyde
    The steerer tube looks a little short, make sure it's long enough to fit your frame. A 16 pound fork is massive but it will serve you better then a fork that you can't attach a stem to.

Members who have read this thread: 0