RIP Sav Trail- Mtbr.com

Thread: RIP Sav Trail

N* Bomber Crew

RIP Sav Trail

Today, at about 1:10 PM Pacific Time, we went to our project we are making. We started about a week ago, and we are making "Sav Trail". The trail we wanted to make consisted of DUAL JUMP RACING COURSES, our sickest idea ever. We also would have a mini course for those not good at jumps, and a insane steep rutted out downhill run.

So today, at 1:10PM, March 5th, 2005, we walked up to the trail to start work on the second jump, only to notice that our first jump, was torn down completley. Now we worked a good 13 hours on the first jump, start to finish. It was the opening jump to the entire set. The jump was a pump for speed and a slight step down. We totally perfected it, and were waiting for it to dry. We never hit it on our bikes because it was too wet.

So who are the culprits? During building the path leading to it, a really funny looking guy jogged along, and told us that "dirt jump building" was illegal and it was posted near the gate. He then jogged along, and we knew he was proabobly going to rat us out to the Park Ranger or something. So we walk up today, jump is falttened. On the way out, we look at the gate, to see no posting of all of what you can or can't do.

And this is the section where you can tell how pissed off I am. In my area, parents limit us to freaking nothing. There are some bike trails that I like, and enjoy. However, me being a freerider, I enjoy my jumpset, berms, etc. Everyone does. We've attempted so many locations I can't even remember them all. The location we picked I personally thought was prime. It was in the middle of nowhere, up a hill past the residential view, and sort of hidden. You think no one would complain about this, right? Nope.

Apparently I am limited to slowly riding along bike trails. I hate how people around my area ***** about everything we do. There is so many worse things I could be doing than shoveling dirt. Hell, I think dirt jumping is only harmfull to me and my friends. I wish people would actually mind their business sometimes, and let other people have fun, and share the land. But no, people have to make the landscape look "perfect" and nice so they can enjoy it. Apparently, they only care about themselves. I'm just so pissed off, of all the things I could be doing, dirt jumping is apparently banned for me. I could be lighting fireworks, paintballing, burning rubber up and down the streets, all things that would totally piss these people off, but dirt jumping? God get a grip.

I know you proabobly don't care...it's just a jump. But it was also a waste of time, and a clear message of what sort of *******s these people are.

Included are pictures you can enjoy, this was the jump before it got totaled.

1st Picture: Just a overall view of the jump, you can maybe see what we wanted to do.
    2nd: A dead on shot, the gap is bigger than it looks.
    3rd: The impalement shovel stick that I broke.

(I'm the guy in the olive darkish green shirt (not the bright green) if you want to point me out)

So anyway, any of you that can build dirt jumps in peace, I envy you. Until then, I gotta search for the next spot to try. (Any reccomendations on finding areas is greatly appreciated).

Well...out for now. RIP Sav Trail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Schmeow Productions

nice

that is freaking awsome

it would be uber cool if after that one there was a vertical (super tall, straight up, just plain massive one.) that launched you 10-20 ft up...

i had that in a dream once...

your mom
    sucks all your hardwork got plowed because some jogger didnt like looking at it

your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    that is freaking awsome

it would be uber cool if after that one there was a vertical (super tall, straight up, just plain massive one.) that launched you 10-20 ft up...

i had that in a dream once...
    did you read what he wrote or just looked at the pics?

banned
    Dec 2003

A couple of things...

Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude

Included are pictures you can enjoy, this was the jump before it got totaled.

1st Picture: Just a overall view of the jump, you can maybe see what we wanted to do.
    2nd: A dead on shot, the gap is bigger than it looks.
    3rd: The impalement shovel stick that I broke.

(I'm the guy in the olive darkish green shirt (not the bright green) if you want to point me out)

So anyway, any of you that can build dirt jumps in peace, I envy you. Until then, I gotta search for the next spot to try. (Any reccomendations on finding areas is greatly appreciated).

Well...out for now. RIP Sav Trail.
    First, sorry your work was ruined. Been there. But, to me, that area seems pretty exposed to be "secret". And, that jump was waaaaayyyyy to big for that little gap...what was that, 6 feet? You could have built a little wedge and a little landing in less than an hour and had time to ride it before it was destroyed...

But anyways, sorry you wasted time building that to have it plowed...

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by DownHillFast
    First, sorry your work was ruined. Been there. But, to me, that area seems pretty exposed to be "secret". And, that jump was waaaaayyyyy to big for that little gap...what was that, 6 feet? You could have built a little wedge and a little landing in less than an hour and had time to ride it before it was destroyed...

But anyways, sorry you wasted time building that to have it plowed...
    Well, the first jump is the acess to the 2 trails. From the landing, you were going to choose 2 lines. (Which is why we made it so large).

Well the area isn't hidden, but no one really was up there a whole lot.

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_Jellyfish
    did you read what he wrote or just looked at the pics?
    i was talking about the jump... i have build one, and it got plowed to.. it sucks...

mine only took 1/2 hour to build tho... it was already in a pile...

Doesnt ride Banshees
    sucks all your hardwork got plowed because some jogger didnt like looking at it
    If i was a non cyclist i wouldnt want to look at it either, it looks like sh*t, a big pile of torn up ground in the middle of a lush, green hillside. Sorry your stuff got plowed, its happened in the past with stuff i ride too, its just something you got to get used to if you insist on making stuff where your not allowed to. Lesson to be learned: That secret, hidden, middle of no where spot, isnt as perfect as you might think.

your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Rider
    If i was a non cyclist i wouldnt want to look at it either, it looks like sh*t, a big pile of torn up ground in the middle of a lush, green hillside. Sorry your stuff got plowed, its happened in the past with stuff i ride too, its just something you got to get used to if you insist on making stuff where your not allowed to. Lesson to be learned: That secret, hidden, middle of no where spot, isnt as perfect as you might think.
    before i started riding i loved seeing DJs i thought they were so cool that people jumped from one mound of dirt to the next. i thought it was even cooler watching people jump em

Whoaohohohoh
    Raptordude: where in marin is this at? Would you mind telling me.......

Schmeow Productions
    with that big of a lip, and a bit of speed, u could launch way farther... it migh've actually been harder to land that one clean, cuz u gotta go realz slow and it would be hard to float it over a lip that flat...

but looks real solid...

Yummy
    First, if you build anything on public land without permission, you really shouldn't be surprised when your work gets taken from you.

Second, as a biker who loves to push my limits and try new things, I look at those photos and the first thing I see is a scar on the land. You've torn up a swath of turf in the middle of an idyllic, green field. You've exposed the land to erosion by removing the grass layer that was holding the surface in place and preventing the dirt underneath from getting washed away. After a few good rains, that area will now be a mud bog because it will hold the water in place, rather than running off and gradually getting absorbed into the soil.

Kn.
    I used to be with it. Then, they changed what "it" is, and now what I'm with is no longer "it". And whatever "it" is, is strange and confusing.

Glad to Be Alive
    scope more hidden areas
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    Raptordude: where in marin is this at? Would you mind telling me.......
    Lucas Valley

For those of you complaining about how I ruined the terrain..tough cookies. Seriously, We weren't using THAT much space, and we've already tried the non-wide open spaces. We wanted to try a more remote location that unfortunatley didn't work out. We will have to scope a mega cutty area next time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by K'Endo
    First, if you build anything on public land without permission, you really shouldn't be surprised when your work gets taken from you.

Second, as a biker who loves to push my limits and try new things, I look at those photos and the first thing I see is a scar on the land. You've torn up a swath of turf in the middle of an idyllic, green field. You've exposed the land to erosion by removing the grass layer that was holding the surface in place and preventing the dirt underneath from getting washed away. After a few good rains, that area will now be a mud bog because it will hold the water in place, rather than running off and gradually getting absorbed into the soil.

Kn.
    WORD up. your place ain't all that secret. i can see a damn path going right through it, it's wide out in the open and there are a bunch of houses right next to it. How couldn't somebody notice a brown spot on a green field right in the center? you guys wasted 13 hours of your life. why don't you build in those trees? seriously you guys need to find a better place to build. i can see dat **** from my house and I live in Napa. just find a better place to build and your stuff won't get torn down.
    sorry if i was harsh.

Glad to Be Alive
    For those of you complaining about how I ruined the terrain..tough cookies. .

that was huge wide....small and over done...like someone said before could have made smaller jumps and jumped just as far...no more of this though... really there are places always to find if you search hard and use your noggin...this place is well hidden. In a little valley. I placed branches around the jumps so you can't see them too...look at all the trees too. This is in a city of 150,000 people and you can only see the jumps through the air
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:21 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Here's some pics of us working on our DJ's. You have to be more cautious and mix in. These Dj's are gonna be off da hook. One is of us getting to our jumps, and the other two are us working on them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    Here's some pics of us working on our DJ's. You have to be more cautious and mix in. These Dj's are gonna be off da hook. One is of us getting to our jumps, and the other two are us working on them.

love the barb wire around them...makes them real hard for people to get next to them...you have that mine field too, right

your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    love the barb wire around them...makes them real hard for people to get next to them...you have that mine field too, right
    wat if you crash into the razor wire?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    yeah, we have guns too so we can shoot people who get close. if you ever come up this way we can hit them up. just bring a good metal detector and we'll have a great time. we designed them so only we know how to rhythm them right. if you case we have laden the backs with mines so you will explode upon impact.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    wat if you crash into the razor wire?
    well that could happen, but we just dig the holes for dirt over there. the jumps are more in the center.

your mom
    yeah, we have guns too so we can shoot people who get close. if you ever come up this way we can hit them up. just bring a good metal detector and we'll have a great time. we designed them so only we know how to rhythm them right. if you case we have laden the backs with mines so you will explode upon impact.
    lol natural selection. only the best bikers survive

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    hey i am the dude in the first pic on the bottom left without the shovel.ok where do i start.for one thing that first jump is a good 8 feet too clear and it is a pump jump made to go fast on and not get a lot of air. second this was a great location i love the land and my whole family is into saving the invironment which we are not doing by the way for all of you dumb ****s who voted for bush.but as for the thing someone said before about the thing turning into a marh that was ****ing dumb, how would that turn into a marsh and how would that effect the run off that made no sense. i am going to back up raptordude on this one seeing that i ride with him but where we live the population is made up of elders who honestly couldnt give a damn what other people want or think so we are constantly held back in the name of riding. i am also pissed because of this i cant progress because my riding space is so limited, and the best riding is on mount tam which is a good 30 minutes away.and even then the local xc weenies complain cause we go to fast. i am really looking forward to ripping at northsatr this summer because it seems like its the only place we can ride.anyways i am pretty heated but peace out and somebody post some pics of some jumps that i cant hit cause i dont have them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    lol natural selection. only the best bikers survive
    fo sho

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ledzepp4life
    hey i am the dude in the first pic on the bottom left without the shovel..
    dude what were you doing trying to take a piss or something?
    anyway, the elderly folk need that area. they need to look at the wonderful grass and it was a nice smooth hill for them to ride their wheelchairs down until you damn kids came and made it so dang bumpy. now they can't race down that and the tennis balls on their walkers get stuck. i hope they go out there and beat you to submission with their canes.
    peace

your mom
    dude what were you doing trying to take a piss or something?
    anyway, the elderly folk need that area. they need to look at the wonderful grass and it was a nice smooth hill for them to ride their wheelchairs down until you damn kids came and made it so dang bumpy. now they can't race down that and the tennis balls on their walkers get stuck. i hope they go out there and beat you to submission with their canes.
    peace
    damn kids get off my lawn!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    no i am just postin talking with the other dude. as for the old people thing i wouldnt be sorry if one tried to hit me, i would start swinging punches and bank on there old asses.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    no i am just postin talking with the other dude. as for the old people thing i wouldnt be sorry if one tried to hit me, i would start swinging punches and bank on there old asses.
    man what's your problem? these days the elderly can't get no respect up in der. you best treat them with respect or i'm gonna ride down to marin and regualte all ya'll.

your mom
    remember if they hit you first its self defense...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    oh and they could probably beat your a$$ ledzepp4life. they usually get taught self defense and tai chi and stuff like that so you better watch out...

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    yeah jellydude is right it would be self defense, and if you want you can come down to marin i guess but you would get banked on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    yeah jellydude is right it would be self defense, and if you want you can come down to marin i guess but you would get banked on.
    yeah, right. LOLZ at U... i would pwn you.

N* Bomber Crew
    Cody, shut up. The elders would bank on you.

mtbr member
    ...second this was a great location i love the land and my whole family is into saving the invironment which we are not doing by the way for all of you dumb ****s who voted for bush.but as for the thing .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    what were is gnarcal

Uhhhhh...
    Oh my tools. As MTBR starts a slippery slide towards pinkbike...

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Oh my tools. As MTBR starts a slippery slide towards pinkbike...

-TS
    You know it. Im just sick of all theese people pulling thing into the conversation that should never be brought in, such as Bush, or beating up old people . Id say all the qualified people move over to RM. If you dont know what that means, good, stay here. ( or just go to Pinkbike...)
    what were is gnarcal

Innovate or die!

hmmm

even as much as i would like a jumpset, you guys are pretty flat stupid to build it right in the open. There is no place in the world except your backyard where you can make an ugly brown jump in the middle of a flat green field next to a path and get away with it. Incognito is the word, go down between some trees, or behind rocks, anywhere that would take lots of effort to get to. Then build a nice jumpset. Otherwise, you kindof deserve getting raped after a short while.
    P.S> and don't build on state parks/reserves-- that can be a felony for destruction of environment, and rangers are required to patrol the ENTIRE park at least once a month.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Well...as a trail builder myself, I sympathize for you guys if you don't have anything to ride...However, take the advice and build in the tree's... I see alot of hills in the pictures that have tree's, it takes a bit longer to clear brush and what not, but if you stealth mode back into the hills a good 30 min., and spend the amount of effort that you did on that huge cheese wedge, you'll have a trail that will be around for awhile, that is if you don't brag about it to all your friends or get caught pedaling back in there leaving trash as you go(crumb trail). Just put in a good 20-30 min ride, find a spot that is protected by tree's that has natural terrain to build off of, an your problem is solved.

Like the others said, that thing is visible for a looooooooooooooong ways and if I was some rich wine vinyard mofia guy, I'd be pissed off too if some kids were building that in my nice green view. That area up there is a tourist attraction, the last thing the rich folks want is a set of dirt jumps on top of a green grassy gnoll

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by O~Hi~O
    Well...as a trail builder myself, I sympathize for you guys if you don't have anything to ride...However, take the advice and build in the tree's... I see alot of hills in the pictures that have tree's, it takes a bit longer to clear brush and what not, but if you stealth mode back into the hills a good 30 min., and spend the amount of effort that you did on that huge cheese wedge, you'll have a trail that will be around for awhile, that is if you don't brag about it to all your friends or get caught pedaling back in there leaving trash as you go(crumb trail). Just put in a good 20-30 min ride, find a spot that is protected by tree's that has natural terrain to build off of, an your problem is solved.

Like the others said, that thing is visible for a looooooooooooooong ways and if I was some rich wine vinyard mofia guy, I'd be pissed off too if some kids were building that in my nice green view. That area up there is a tourist attraction, the last thing the rich folks want is a set of dirt jumps on top of a green grassy gnoll
    I think people aren't reading what I said. I was under the impression that it would be and ideal location, because it was so remote. The jump would look like any other rock or treestump along the hillside. It was risky setting it up in the open, but since it was so remote, we felt that people maybe wouldn't have a problem with it.

Given that, those areas with the trees are all far steeper than they appear. The only location that may be possible, is maybe to steep as well. We tried several locations where we are under trees, hidden in a forest, and they've all been torn down. I'm running out of ideas on where to build, which is what makes me so mad. I know you guys just say "Go into the trees, and make something" but living in a valley makes it hard to find a ideal slope for jumps. Only ideal slope is in the hills, or no slope at all in the valley flats (where the jumps would be torn down in a day). Its just frusterating to me, that I am so dry out of places to build, and everyone here says I'm a idiot, and that just build in a spot they don't even know about. I mean, I like the tips, but damn, don't freakin cram them down my throat.

And people talking about Bush or the environment or elderly people. Take that crap elsewhere. Just enjoy biking.

mtbr member
    And people talking about Bush or the environment or elderly people. Take that crap elsewhere. Just enjoy biking.
    (that was your friend...)
    what were is gnarcal

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    (that was your friend...)
    Yeah, I know. You really don't have to remind me......

mtbr member
    Yeah, I know. You really don't have to remind me......
    Oh, ok then. (im just wondering why i botherd to even post that at all )
    what were is gnarcal

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I think people aren't reading what I said. I was under the impression that it would be and ideal location, because it was so remote. The jump would look like any other rock or treestump along the hillside. It was risky setting it up in the open, but since it was so remote, we felt that people maybe wouldn't have a problem with it.

Given that, those areas with the trees are all far steeper than they appear. The only location that may be possible, is maybe to steep as well. We tried several locations where we are under trees, hidden in a forest, and they've all been torn down. I'm running out of ideas on where to build, which is what makes me so mad. I know you guys just say "Go into the trees, and make something" but living in a valley makes it hard to find a ideal slope for jumps. Only ideal slope is in the hills, or no slope at all in the valley flats (where the jumps would be torn down in a day). Its just frusterating to me, that I am so dry out of places to build, and everyone here says I'm a idiot, and that just build in a spot they don't even know about. I mean, I like the tips, but damn, don't freakin cram them down my throat.

Lil man,

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just telling you what "WE" do. Run some searches for the Pacific Northwest and see how they build their trails. I've built a few, and yes it's difficult to build on steep slopes, but it's possible. I don't know what to suggest for you man, just trying to share the knowledge that I obtained from building my own trails. There's really no such thing as too steep, if you watch any of the videos of the rippers up in BC, they build on mountain sides with cliffs in tight tree'd area's. Check out www.gutsploader.com and get some ideas, then go find an area, get way the fvck back in there and do it stealth like. Your not the only one with trail issues, it's a problem across the board.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    about the old people thing i hope all of you know that i was joking

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    about the old people thing i hope all of you know that i was joking
    oh sorry for getting mad then.
    no i knew you were joking.