Ringwood, NJ- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ringwood, NJ

Is flexy

Ringwood, NJ

I have heard talk of freeride type riding at ringwood, nj and in that area but have never actually been there. I have also heard of people shuttling riders to the top of i want ot say skyline drive and then doing runs that way. I am just trying to get more info on thsi area or certain trails that are good for this riding and so on. I'm not really trying to just show up and pedal around on a 40+ lb. FR bike and try and find stuff to ride. I'm not totally against pedaling up hill and what not just not on the top of my list either. any help would be awsome.

AussieLostInNyc
    There are shuttle runs. Some are in the open and some are hidden and have ballsy stunts on them. The latter are hidden for good reason. The guys who built them don't want them shut down if someone gets hurt.
    They all ride Diablo and since it is open not sure if the trails are maintained right now.
    There are old videos on hcor.net
    Best bet ride the others, say hi to the guys in pickups and if they want to hook you up they will.
    Ringwood has a few fun trails to test your bikes suspension on but it involves lots of pedaling. Same with Blue Mountain and Sprain in Westchester.
    www.nycmtb.com
    .....spreading the love

Is flexy
    thanks for the info. Diable closes in 2 weeks and that is why i am asking. I have been away at school for 4 years so I haven't been around much but now I'm home for good. I used to work with some of the guys who made some of the obstacles but I don't talk to them anymore. Are the shuttle runs that are out in the open right off skyline drive?

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    I have heard talk of freeride type riding at ringwood, nj and in that area but have never actually been there. I have also heard of people shuttling riders to the top of i want ot say skyline drive and then doing runs that way. I am just trying to get more info on thsi area or certain trails that are good for this riding and so on. I'm not really trying to just show up and pedal around on a 40+ lb. FR bike and try and find stuff to ride. I'm not totally against pedaling up hill and what not just not on the top of my list either. any help would be awsome.
    njhcx4xlife - Check PM

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Yeah im kinda wondering about ringwood to i heard rumors but have never been there to do anything but xc riding.i mean with diablo gone i will have nowhere to dh except for my local trails and well they suck ass on a dh bike

Go Fast
    Same here I want to know about the DH trails at Ringwood since Diablo will be closing at the end of the month.

Is flexy
    thanks for the pm milhouse, you got a response.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I went to ringwood once but couldn't find the freeride, although the hiker only trails were the best, where is the single track?! i was almost on fire roads the whole time, i ran into two guys who looked pretty hardcore and they said they were having the same problem, i heard that their were jumps too? can anyone confirm?
    "The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd245246
    I went to ringwood once but couldn't find the freeride, although the hiker only trails were the best, where is the single track?! i was almost on fire roads the whole time, i ran into two guys who looked pretty hardcore and they said they were having the same problem, i heard that their were jumps too? can anyone confirm?
    dude this thread is 2 years old

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    thanks for the info. Diable closes in 2 weeks and that is why i am asking. I have been away at school for 4 years so I haven't been around much but now I'm home for good. I used to work with some of the guys who made some of the obstacles but I don't talk to them anymore. Are the shuttle runs that are out in the open right off skyline drive?
    Diablo does not close in 2 weeks. Not till the end of October.

edit: whoops I just saws the dates on this thread
    Team _________

Is flexy
    haha
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Jersey Hucker
    Are people gonna be going out there this year after diablo closes? I'm looking for a spot for some big DJs.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    There's nothing worth shuttling there. Break out the trail bike or just pedal and you'll have more fun. Trust me.

Members who have read this thread: 0