Riding Solo- Mtbr.com

Thread: Riding Solo

Schmeow Productions

Riding Solo

Does anyone here ride by themselves? or always with a friend or someone?

either like in the city or on the trails.

TNC
    noMAD man

Maybe half and half.

Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB

Since I have more free time than most, if weather permits I ride off road about 5 times a week. To do that I go out alone quite a bit. I'm not an urban rider. We have such a good trail close by that has lots of rocky sections to keep things interesting, so I never get bored. The other times, like today, I'll try to ride with someone. It's fun to challenge each other and push a little harder.

mtbr member
    Usually just by myself, though it can get unnerving when trying new stuff like big drops.

Eyes of the world
    Almost always by myself since I'm slow but it's a lot of fun to ride with other people because it helps push your skills.
    Find 'em hot leave 'em wet

mtbr member

Alone mostly

I ride alone on the trails probably 80% of the time, unless I am riding harder, less traveled trails then I will take someone to scrape my body off of the rocks. When I urban I usually do it for the social part so always have someone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yea I ride by myself a lot. I don't mind it on any level of technical section, only when I'm trying new drops do I wish I had someone else there. Thats also when I wish I brought all my pads too!

Juanjo
    Riding solo sucks IMO. but ones u r out with ur iPod on (FMradio4me) is better than stay home.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I feel like I just walked in to an AA meeting. I thought I was the only loser who rides alone.

I ride alone probably 95% of the time. I get out with others 1-2 times per year. I used to ride with some guys but they're all maturing/getting jobs etc but I wanna freeride until I'm 40. I live in Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario and I usually just urban freeride because I only have a Honda Ruckus scooter from transportation so I can't easily take my bike anywhere. Plus there aren't very many good trails around.

The crappy parts of riding alone are that you aren't pushed as much being there's no one showing you up and doing new tricks plus you're a bit more cautious of getting hurt cuz no one will be there (although it's not as bad in the city). As well it's just kinda depressing if you're always out alone....urban isn't as bad though cuz you know somebody's always watching when you're wheelie dropping 5" on main street or balancing along some high/skinny wall.

I do find that I don't learn much new stuff but I can really hone my skills because you're not slowing anyone down if you wanna try the same line 50 times until you nail it...the lack of rushing lets me nail some tricky sections. If anyone is reading this and you're in the K/W area give me a PM. I'm 22 riding a '05 Rocky Mtn. Switch and I'm a decent rider and a nice guy.

Eyes of the world
    Sounds like a personal ad lol but I get what you're saying. I'm basically in the same spot. Just get to ride with other people very rarely. Kinda sucks.
    Find 'em hot leave 'em wet

high school loser
    i ride wit buddies most of the time, but everyonce and awhile ill go hit up a dh run bymyself and just concentrate on being smooth and fast and not stopping, and thats when i pull off some of my fastest runs, but i love riden with freinds more than by myself. its just nice every once and while....
    member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadron
    "we kill zombies dead"

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 98% range, copy and paste this in to your signature

I HUCK WITH CHUCK

I probably ride by myself 60 percent of my rides, and I ride everyday. I ride mostly local stuff like our spot but I ride street solo a lot too. I know its not too smart, but I do big rides up in NC by myself sometimes too, but I try to stay away from getting too far out by myself. Its mostly that if its a choice of ride alone or not ride at all, I'll almost always choose a solo ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    yea, I'm surprised to see how many people ride alone, especially in the DH/freeride forum. Obviously if I take a road trip to Diablo or Mt Snow for the day or something I won't be alone, but I'm just surprised to see how many people ride alone a lot of the time.

Action Sports Trader

socal ride

Hey,

We should hook up and go ride. I live in yorba Linda, right by Santiago. I go there a lot on my own, because I'm off work by 1PM. If you want to ride, PM me and we can set up a time. My last partner broke his collar bone there, so I need some on to call the chopper for me when I eat Shat!!

Sammy
    Quote Originally Posted by thefly
    I ride alone on the trails probably 80% of the time, unless I am riding harder, less traveled trails then I will take someone to scrape my body off of the rocks. When I urban I usually do it for the social part so always have someone.
    eflattenstomach
    The best FREE home fitness workshop!! Get free meal plans, workout plans and more. Click HERE to get ripped.

Juanjo
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBFreerideCT
    yea, I'm surprised to see how many people ride alone, especially in the DH/freeride forum. Obviously if I take a road trip to Diablo or Mt Snow for the day or something I won't be alone, but I'm just surprised to see how many people ride alone a lot of the time.
    Oh man.. Diablo.. can't wait to hit that mountain again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Me too! I also hear a rumor they may be opened a day or two during the week?? That would help out a lot since it's hard for me to get weekends off! Eastcoasthucker, where do you live?

mtbr member

I try and ride with friends at the local dj's we made but since everyone has different schedules it seems like i can never go out riding with someone, so i end up going but not hitting them because its way out in the woods and no one would find me for days. So i just end up building more jumps
    The 3rd Planet is sure that they're being watched by an
    eye in the sky that can't be stopped

Glad to Be Alive
    pretty much ride 99.999% of the time with a buddy...to sketchy if you go down
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

SNOWRIDER
    I don't do the Sunday strolls on the bike path. Where I go if you go down alone and get hurt you could lay there for weeks before someone finds you. and it is extremely hard to shuttle by yourself.
    so in answer to your ? No I do not ride alone
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

SNOWRIDER
    Quote Originally Posted by dandurston
    I feel like I just walked in to an AA meeting. I thought I was the only loser who rides alone.

I ride alone probably 95% of the time. I get out with others 1-2 times per year. I used to ride with some guys but they're all maturing/getting jobs etc but I wanna freeride until I'm 40. I live in Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario and I usually just urban freeride because I only have a Honda Ruckus scooter from transportation so I can't easily take my bike anywhere. Plus there aren't very many good trails around.

The crappy parts of riding alone are that you aren't pushed as much being there's no one showing you up and doing new tricks plus you're a bit more cautious of getting hurt cuz no one will be there (although it's not as bad in the city). As well it's just kinda depressing if you're always out alone....urban isn't as bad though cuz you know somebody's always watching when you're wheelie dropping 5" on main street or balancing along some high/skinny wall.

I do find that I don't learn much new stuff but I can really hone my skills because you're not slowing anyone down if you wanna try the same line 50 times until you nail it...the lack of rushing lets me nail some tricky sections. If anyone is reading this and you're in the K/W area give me a PM. I'm 22 riding a '05 Rocky Mtn. Switch and I'm a decent rider and a nice guy.

Please come ride with me !!
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

Members who have read this thread: 0