riding in peru- Mtbr.com

Thread: riding in peru

only yeti with dh skills

riding in peru

hi, it`s the first sunday of the year and unfortunatelly i can`t ride...why?.....have to hang out with the family....anyway, while everybody is helping out with the lunch i decided to do something productive (??) for the others......so here u go....some random pictures of the riding in lima and around it....enjoy:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Supported by: www.biroma.ch
    Food: Tuna Salad and Lasagna
    Hate: Winter, Zürich's City Council, Zürich's Old People, Winter...Specially Zürich's Winter, Zürich's Prices
    Love: Zürich B-itches

Uhhhhh...
    Holy Sh!t on that second pic. Looks gnar.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

only yeti with dh skills

drop size

Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Holy Sh!t on that second pic. Looks gnar.

-TS
    the most difficult thing bout that drop is the approach....since it`s much steeper than the landing. the landing is about one wheel down of the bottom bracket in this pic:
    Hate: Winter, Zürich's City Council, Zürich's Old People, Winter...Specially Zürich's Winter, Zürich's Prices

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    how hard would it be for an american with a graduate degree to make a good living down there?

Renegade of Krunk
    Man, that drop looks like it'd be kind of sketchy..

Looks like some fun places to ride down there. Speaking of riding, I need to get off my ass and go ride, enjoy the last day of break before school starts up again..

go big or go home
    awesome pics...

only yeti with dh skills

depends...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard85
    how hard would it be for an american with a graduate degree to make a good living down there?
    first u should speak spanish. all the americans or foreigners i know living here work for some transnational company, and they do live really good for the standards here, because they actually get a bigger paycheck than they do back home...why? because peru is a third world country, with some history on terrorism etc etc.....but u should know that this country is divided so if u live in the "nice parts" of lima u won t notice u re in a third world country. plus u can get a really nice place to live for almost nothing compared to what an apartment costs in the states. for example: my apartment is 196m*m with ocean view and everything just a few blocks from the marriot to give an idea of the quality of the zone...for 150 000. here are some pics of my view....

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    damnnn, i think i might do that since everything is so cheap down there

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    that second picture is insane.

go big or go home
    sickkk

Stack Daddy
    Jan 2004
    Those gold crowns on the 888 are way blingin! Where are those from? Very nice pics.

mtbr member
    Sick! do u surf too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

only yeti with dh skills

bodyboarding...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull
    Sick! do u surf too?
    i don t surf, i do bodyboarding, it aint as technical as surfing but it`s a lot of fun and u don t need a ton of skills to get on the big waves. but most of the downhillers here do surf the real thing....there are great waves around here. u re welcome to come adn ride or surf...!

mtbr member
    Sweet! That looks fun, mountains and surf. Does it get any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

the man with 7 egos
    man the more i see dh pic the more i wish i could race around here....
    gravity isn't a law... it's more like a guidline

"Pain is just natures way of telling you your in excrusiating agony..."-Johny Bravo's Dentist

Whig party member
    sweet! that was some radical drop-offige. I bet it is super cool riding there. I also like the photoshop picture.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Dorado i have a question?

I do not know if is posible,but can you go down the Inca Trail with a bike.And if it is posible how you get your bike all the way up to Machu Pichu?Thanks for the info.
    By the way I am an Argentinian living en Utah.

only yeti with dh skills

che!..jeje

Quote Originally Posted by cheloco
    I do not know if is posible,but can you go down the Inca Trail with a bike.And if it is posible how you get your bike all the way up to Machu Pichu?Thanks for the info.
    By the way I am an Argentinian living en Utah.
    hey....entonces te hablo en castellano.mira por lo q se no creo q te dejen bajar el camino inca con una bici....antes se podia pero lo hicieron mierda y ya no te dejan....pero hay cientos de caminos incas a parte del q todos conocen....y son mucho mas extremos, solo tienes q averiguar bien q tanto quieres pedaliar y los locales te dicen a q cerro ir.a macchu picchu imposible q entres con bicicleta....seria increible hacer un street preincaico pero no...no te van a dejar. ahora a fines d enero hay un mega avalanche en cuzco q baja x un sendero inca no turistico, osea apto para un poco d riding. estan viniendo barel, gracia, atherton entre otros...va a estar buenisimo....para mas info entra a www.megavalancheperu.com .
    suerte
    TRANSLATION: come to the mega avalanche in cuzco

Canadian at Heart
    Jan 2004

Peruvian's Rule!

The people are so much fun. You guys are way cool. I have a friend in my area that grew up in Peru. He got me into Downhill five years ago, and now he coaches me.
    Just had to add my 2 cents.

only yeti with dh skills

cool...

Quote Originally Posted by RyBread
    The people are so much fun. You guys are way cool. I have a friend in my area that grew up in Peru. He got me into Downhill five years ago, and now he coaches me.
    Just had to add my 2 cents.
    hey...thanx....but there are always some dudes that are crap.....anyway, what`s the name of the guy u mention?....perhaps i or some older friend of mine noes him....

Glad to Be Alive
    man nice pics
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Cleavage Of The Tetons

Hola, mi Choche Huevon!!

Is that Felipe Rios in the photochop? Nice photos of Pachacamac Prado...excellent riding. I have hit all of the jumps but one...on a CROSS COUNTRY bike! (they were smaller at the time I am a friend of Raul Rios (papapa), Richard Fernandini (Jr. + Sr.), etc., But I live in the states near Jackson Hole, WY. I have heard that Olleros is blown out...I guess I am going to come down soon to scout Tauripampa, and a new one off of the road to Huaraz. I will drop you a line when I know when I am coming down...I may have met you, I am the "Gringo Huevon" that rides with the older Cross coutry guys..(Jose Luis Cassabonne, Carlos Ganoza, Nato, Pablo Bedoya, Tayo Masias, Pinchon, etc, blah blah...the "Chicos Malos", as they fancy themselves).
    I have been looking for a little younger group to ride with. Those guys rip, but they are getting old... If you know Felipe, is he coming on the big Sierra trip this spring (fall!)? Chao, Wendell
    Last edited by rideit; 01-04-2005 at 12:21 AM.

Canadian at Heart
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by El Dorado
    hey...thanx....but there are always some dudes that are crap.....anyway, what`s the name of the guy u mention?....perhaps i or some older friend of mine noes him....
    His name is George Fernandez, or better know as Coco. He is a horse shoer up here in California. He has raceded the Pan American games a couple of times and the worlds too.

only yeti with dh skills

i think i noe him

Quote Originally Posted by RyBread
    His name is George Fernandez, or better know as Coco. He is a horse shoer up here in California. He has raceded the Pan American games a couple of times and the worlds too.
    yeah i think i noe him....he came last year with a norco bike and sold it here...if it`s the same guy i think he totally rips the courses.i`ll ask some of my older friends who should knoe him.

only yeti with dh skills

el burro

felipe, el burro, is the one with the black troy lee helmet red smith googles and blue v10mono. i don`t know perhaps beacuse i belong to the younger ones. olleros is pretty cool and an amazing race one of a kind....but have u ridden san pedro d casta?...that`s a killer (literally) singletrack. anyway...hope to c ya around.