Repeat Keystone Pics (Drop Zone)- Mtbr.com
    Freeride Fornicator

Repeat Keystone Pics (Drop Zone)

There was a post with some pics of keystone's new drop zone not too long ago, but thought I'd put up some more. They were taken last sunday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sexual harassment...Panda.

mtbr member
    That looks awesome. One of my homeboys from NC moved out to Colorado a few years ago and works at Keystone during the winter. I need to give him a call and make a road trip out that way!

What It Be ?

I ride XC. I've done a drop like that one with the rocks when I was younger 17 or 18 and I busted my hit up good on a jump at the bottom. Wouldn't do it again. Well maybe if I had the right bike.

dnt b a clwn thro it down
    Looks like a fun place.... how big is the big one?
    Throw it down NASTY.

mtbr member
    The posted height on the big one is 14' but I think it would be more like 10-12'

not really a noob
    thats huge
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

Freeriding Feline
    Nice pics. Looks like fun! Got any others from there?
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

Glad to Be Alive
    I said this once and I will say it again......Keystone is better then Vail

they really are stepping it up
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by MBX5
    The posted height on the big one is 14' but I think it would be more like 10-12'
    Keep in mind you have to jump past that big rock, I think their estimate of 14' takes that into consideration.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Cynical Bystander
    Looks sweet.

I'll be up there tomorrow (most likely) hitting up the DH part of the mountain. I'm a bit much of a wuss to hit those big drops, and I need to work on my racer boi skills anyways.

So if anybody's up there tomorrow and sees a white M3 being ridden by a guy wearing a blue Mtbr jersey...that'll be me.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Freeride Fornicator
    The biggest drop is a 14' minimum, so I'd say you'd probably have to drop 17' to have a smooth transition and not face plant on the rocks below. I think I'll stick with the 7 footer for now.

Freeride Fornicator
    I agree with ya on that Shiver. Keystone has definately put much more effort into the Hucker/North Shore scene. I hit Vail on thursday and while it was fun, stunts were practically non exsistent. Vail has some nice terrain but Keystone is definately the place to be, and its closer.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by DjMcStank
    The biggest drop is a 14' minimum, so I'd say you'd probably have to drop 17' to have a smooth transition and not face plant on the rocks below.
    Nah - I've hit "Jaws" (the 14'er) and I'd say it is closer to a mandatory 12' - and that's bridge to touchdown. Using MTBRs DH forum drop measuring standard (from takeoff to ground) it's probably 10', but it'd be really ugly if you dropped the thing going slower than 15mph or so ccause you have to gap out about 10 feet or so. The drop is actually very easy, just scarier than sh1t cause you have to carry alot of speed into it and it looks like you're going to fall for 60' until you're close enough to see the tranny, which doesn't happen until about 7' from the end of the bridge. The transition itself is perfect, it feels like you're barely using any travel on the landing.

The other side of that is that you could pretty easily make it into a 25'er if you hit it going just a bit faster than necessary, since the tranny is like 55 degrees for the first 15' or so...
    Now with more vitriol!

Members who have read this thread: 0