Redbull World Cup Coverage- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Redbull World Cup Coverage

Woke up bright and early on Sunday morning to catch the live feed from the Pietermartizurg 2012 World Cup stop. Couple of thoughts...

1. Is this the first time Red Bull has been in charge of the live feed? ( I have never actually watched a live feed from one of the events until yesterday) They had a ton of technical difficulties. It didn't really bother me; kind of found it more amusing then anything else.

2. Whoever they had interviewing riders in the hot seats needs to find employement else where.

3. I understand that it would not be possible to include every single part of the course in their coverage but why in hell wasn't there a camera on the massive table tops in the "pedal section"?

4. Was totally bumbed to see Danny Hart go down...

5. Tracy Hannah was pretty damn close to crossing that finish line face first...pretty sweet save!!

All and all, it was a pretty good way to kill two hours on a sunday morning. Looking forward to watching the next one!
    Last edited by nobrakes2007; 03-19-2012 at 08:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Really stoked to see Jared Graves do so well. I can't imagine how much it must suck to be top dog in your event, only to have the UCI yank it from competition. That and I respect how he's stuck with Yeti all these years when riders tend to get a start there and then sign on to bigger (and wealthier) teams once they are offered.

Also, that was probably the tamest Rob Warner commentary I've ever heard. If I'm not mistaken, the booth was dry. I hope its not a result of Red Bull making him be more professional and not letting him drink while broadcasting.

All and all, I'm glad Minaar beat Gwin. It really set the stage for it to really be a battle all season. Stoked Sick Mick is back in the mix, and don't forget about Gee.

It's going to be an epic WC season.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Bike's hmmm nice
    Really enjoyed it. Tech problems were a bit lame, but not dramatic. I think it was a step up from what I have seen in the past at freecaster. It should as RedBull have more cash to burn. All and all I feel it is a good thing for the sport to get some decent coverage. Still remembering the days of Grundig... We sure have come a long way in riding speed, tech, and such, but the media was full on back than.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nobrakes2007 View Post
    Woke up bright and early on Sunday morning to catch the live feed from the Pietermartizurg 2012 World Cup stop. Couple of thoughts...

1. Is this the first time Red Bull has been in charge of the live feed? ( I have never actually watched a live feed from one of the events until yesterday) They had a ton of technical difficulties. It didn't really bother me; kind of found it more amusing then anything else.

2. Whoever they had interviewing riders in the hot seats needs to find employement else where.

3. I understand that it would not be possible to include every single part of the course in their coverage but why in hell wasn't there a camera on the massive table tops in the "pedal section"?

4. Was totally bumbed to see Danny Hart go down...

5. Tracy Hannah was pretty damn close to crossing that finish line face first...pretty sweet save!!

All and all, it was a pretty good way to kill two hours on a sunday morning. Looking forward to watching the next one!
    1. yes this was their first race coverage. it wasn't horrible but i'm sure they will get it sorted for round 02.

2. said to be someone from rocky roads - i'm sure everyone knows all about that.

3. no idea - they did have 10 HD cameras like they promised though. i'm guessing they figured the more technical parts of the course would be better suited to viewers.

Members who have read this thread: 0