Red Bull Rampage Spectator Questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Red Bull Rampage Spectator Questions

Me and a couple buddies just decided to make the trip out to Vigin Utah for Rampage. We are going to be driving from Colorado and trying to tent camp out there to save some money.

We have been looking online to try and find details about anything regarding camping and have found nothing. From anyone who went in 2010 or previous Rampages, can you just pitch a tent close to the big parking lot area or anywhere in the surrounding hills for the weekend? Or is there pretty strict restrictions considering it could be private property?

Thanks in advance for anything helpful. We've found absolutely nothing online about anything on spectating at the event.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobz View Post
    Me and a couple buddies just decided to make the trip out to Vigin Utah for Rampage. We are going to be driving from Colorado and trying to tent camp out there to save some money.

We have been looking online to try and find details about anything regarding camping and have found nothing. From anyone who went in 2010 or previous Rampages, can you just pitch a tent close to the big parking lot area or anywhere in the surrounding hills for the weekend? Or is there pretty strict restrictions considering it could be private property?

Thanks in advance for anything helpful. We've found absolutely nothing online about anything on spectating at the event.
    there is free camping (some may ask small donation) across from the old Red Bull site (Bring your bikes to ride)...there is a little stream (minimal water) to wash...bring a shovel and tp to go bathroom (there are no bathrooms but maybe there is a rumor of port of potties being put in for RBR, but not sure)...

Come by and see me...I am renting a motorhome and also will have a silver 4Runner with California plates with OCTOMAN ....or you will see a Sprinter Van with Canfield Brothers bikes. ...definately bring your DH rigs and also a pedally bike. The RBR site is a nice 3 to 4 mile pedal up a slight grade. So pedally bike helps. Depending on skill level there are a couple of trails to ride ...Grafton Mesa is more all mountain with some long pedally flat sections, but that last part is real fun....Flying Monkey has a lot of exposure (1000 foot sheer cliffs) and some really technical rock rolling (check videos) just be smart enough to walk if you don't have the skills....it is not worth it if you fail.

Most important thing...buy a ticket for 15 or they won't let you in....

https://redbullrampage.eventbrite.com
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 09-24-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the quick response Shiver. The tickets are bought so no worries there.

Considering this will be our first time to Rampage, when you mean the old Rampage site where exactly is that? Is it right next to the main parking lot where they say to park for the day this year? Will we see people camping already by Thursday night if we roll through then or is the old rampage site in a completely different spot as this years?

We'll definitely cruise through your spot when we're there!!

Glad to Be Alive
    Thanks for the quick response Shiver. The tickets are bought so no worries there.

Considering this will be our first time to Rampage, when you mean the old Rampage site where exactly is that? Is it right next to the main parking lot where they say to park for the day this year? Will we see people camping already by Thursday night if we roll through then or is the old rampage site in a completely different spot as this years?

We'll definitely cruise through your spot when we're there!!
    take hwy 9 to ...take a left....I think it is Kolob reservoir rd...when mountains get close to road on left look to your right...lots of spaces...I will be in Vegas Wednesday and there
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    no need to reserve a spot before hand? just pitch a tent and sleep?

cant wait getting stoked

Glad to Be Alive
    no need to reserve a spot before hand? just pitch a tent and sleep?

cant wait getting stoked
    yep...just pitch...you riding at all??

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Canfield Bros. will be there! Its gonna be a great event! Come by the camp and say hi.....Bring your BIG bike!!! Were riding wed.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by gollub01 View Post
    Canfield Bros. will be there! Its gonna be a great event! Come by the camp and say hi.....Bring your BIG bike!!! Were riding wed.
    vegas wednesday and thursday will be there around 6 at night

Members who have read this thread: 0