Red Bull Elevation Video- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Red Bull Elevation Video

Red Bull Elevation
    ]

Wuddup Guys?

I was up filming at Elevation this weekend and through a video together. Its about 9 minutes long, I am super stoked on how it turned out. Hope you guys like it!

Geoff

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    wow! did you film that all yourself?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    ya, I filmed it over the 3 days. Its tough filming with just 1 camera, haha.

mtbr member
    Best jumps eva. Please tell me they decided not to tear them down.

mtbr member
    Good job on the video, and such bad ass riding!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Killer video.

Thanks.

Mi vida es bueno
    Dude. Sick vid. Those guys are brave to do those ginormous jumps on no suspension!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by splatman
    Dude. Sick vid. Those guys are brave to do those ginormous jumps on no suspension!
    Ya dont need suspension when ya got as much flow and skill as them

Gangbusters
    Jun 2007
    NICE! What type of camera did you use? And how did you upload it with such nice compression. Much better quality than a "You-Tube: Vid!

Shop *****
    You talked to Darren Berrecloth?! You're a god!
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrobert81
    NICE! What type of camera did you use? And how did you upload it with such nice compression. Much better quality than a "You-Tube: Vid!
    Thanks Guys, glad you liked it so much. It was my first go at filming something like this so I was pretty stoked how it turned out.

Rip.tv has way better compression for videos then youtube. Its super easy too, and they have an embeddable player too now so I can put the video in the forum which is super cool.

Camera was a DVX100B.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Nice vid. Great work!

I totally respect the skills involved but I do have to say that DJing is as boring as shite imho. Claw certainly does kick ass though. I just wish the whole DJing trend would have stayed out of mtb and remained in bmx. I guess it just makes me feel old as I was playing around on dirt jumps when I was a teenager.

Now, the only time I want to see someone's feet leave a mtb pedal is when they bail ass over tit.

Now with flavor!!
    That video made my hands sweat..........literally.

Nice work man!

ZD: heard today that the slalom course is going somewhere else and the jumps should remain
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    That video made my hands sweat..........literally.

Nice work man!

ZD: heard today that the slalom course is going somewhere else and the jumps should remain
    We need to hit those jumps.

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    We need to hit those jumps.

WORD
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

moaaar shimz
    Hey ZD a quick Q!

How long since your first DJ session?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Hey ZD a quick Q!

How long since your first DJ session?
    Around 4 years i think.

Glad to Be Alive
    wow...great editing and camera work...production Galore....sound very clear as well as vid....looks pro
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005
    Just about every other post said it, but hey, Great job, the video looks great, the music fit, and the coverage was amazing. I hope my future stuff comes out that well.
    www.ntxbmx.com North Texas BMX

mtbr member
    Originally posted by Snowpug
    I totally respect the skills involved but I do have to say that DJing is as boring as shite imho.
    I don't understand how that can be boring. Even if you don't like DJ's, those tricks were insane!

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowpug
    I totally respect the skills involved but I do have to say that DJing is as boring as shite imho. Claw certainly does kick ass though. I just wish the whole DJing trend would have stayed out of mtb and remained in bmx. I guess it just makes me feel old as I was playing around on dirt jumps when I was a teenager.

Now, the only time I want to see someone's feet leave a mtb pedal is when they bail ass over tit.
    Do yourself a favor and stop breathing.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Super rad stuff, Battlecat!! That event is the best DJ comp going right now. I feel lucky to have ridden with quite a few of those guys recently. TJ, Hucker Mike, Bohan, Dillewaard... all super chill dudes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Super rad stuff, Battlecat!! That event is the best DJ comp going right now. I feel lucky to have ridden with quite a few of those guys recently. TJ, Hucker Mike, Bohan, Dillewaard... all super chill dudes.
    You bet man! I was super nervous about asking them to do the interviews and what not, but all of the guys were amazing. They were all so nice and couldnt have been more helpful and friendly to me. I was super stoked to meet them, haha. Would have never thought I would get to meet Ryan Nyquist! I used to play with him in Dave Mirra BMX back in the day, ha!

As for the jumps I heard that is where they were going to build the dual slalom coarse for Crankworx, but if they are moving it to somewhere else that would be awesome. It would be a crime to take those things down!

mtbr member
    Awesome job on the video, the editing was spot on and the elevation jumps are not going to be plowed http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=98830

dirt rules
    They left the upper section, but have already plowed the last 2. They were insanely huge though, and not for mere mortals.

I was there, and saw it go down in person, I never felt bored for a second... those guys threw down BIGTIME, and it was a pleasure to see. The toughness of the riders amazed me, like Hucker doing a front flip to faceplant, then getting up with a huge grin on his face.... crazy. TJ took some wicked spills, and so did the younger Foster. They just got up and kept riding.

Battlecat, the video is great. Definitely top notch.

Now with flavor!!
    One thing......why does it look like a few clips need to be deinterlaced while most of it doesn't?

You switching back and forth between progressive and interlaced frames?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    One thing......why does it look like a few clips need to be deinterlaced while most of it doesn't?

You switching back and forth between progressive and interlaced frames?

Ya, I was filming at a couple different frame rates over the weekend so I would be able to slow some shots down to 60p for the super slow smooth slow mo, and I threw a few in there that werent slowed down, but the problem is fixed .

Was to lazy to fix over the weekend, haha.

Thanks for pointing it out though,

laters

Just roll it......

Good job! Awesome vid.

Battlecat,

Top notch filming and editing dude!!!!!!! Sweet.

ZD, those jumps are staying now according to Tom Pro and will not be bulldozed for a slalom course.
    http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=98830

EB

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlecat
    Ya, I was filming at a couple different frame rates over the weekend so I would be able to slow some shots down to 60p for the super slow smooth slow mo, and I threw a few in there that werent slowed down, but the problem is fixed .

I need to figure this out..........

I've got some footage from a buddy of mine that we shot on his dvx100b. Some of it's 60fps. I put it into my camera and captured it to premiere but it all looks the same.

You know how to pull out the high speed footage to get it in slow mo?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I need to figure this out..........

I've got some footage from a buddy of mine that we shot on his dvx100b. Some of it's 60fps. I put it into my camera and captured it to premiere but it all looks the same.

You know how to pull out the high speed footage to get it in slow mo?
    You have to drop it into After Effects and do a bunch of different things in there to get it from 60i to 60p. Its quite the process, I just learned it for this piece.

Now with flavor!!
    You have to drop it into After Effects and do a bunch of different things in there to get it from 60i to 60p. Its quite the process, I just learned it for this piece.
    After Effects is a program?

I'll look into it.

Thanks man.

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    sickkkkk vid. looks like u figured out how to properly cover an large event with one camera. not an easy task.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Do yourself a favor and stop breathing.
    Easy there Vanilla Ice. It was just a humble opinion.

I totally enjoyed battlecat's video. All his work is awesome. And like I stated in my post, I have nothing but respect for dirt jumpers and their skill and fortitude for what they do.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    ya, I filmed it over the 3 days. Its tough filming with just 1 camera, haha.
    what kind of camera are u using? and what program did u use for editing? nice job
    EAST*BAY RIDER

Members who have read this thread: 0