Recommend me a frame- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Recommend me a frame

Background info - I live in Denver and mainly ride Winter Park. I bought a Bullit a few years back and it's a decent bike, but I'm looking for something that's more slack. I have a Totem coil with a 1.5 inch steerer that I'll be using. I want a 7 inch frame with at least a 66* HTA. I don't get to go DHing a ton, so I'm looking for value over having the best of the best.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    Background info - I live in Denver and mainly ride Winter Park. I bought a Bullit a few years back and it's a decent bike, but I'm looking for something that's more slack. I have a Totem coil with a 1.5 inch steerer that I'll be using. I want a 7 inch frame with at least a 66* HTA. I don't get to go DHing a ton, so I'm looking for value over having the best of the best.
    How's about a multipurpose bike (I think they're call AM bikes these days)? I took a Nomad up there and had a BLAST on Rainmaker, BAll, etc, and it only had a dinky lill' 55 Micro Air Ti on it. But on Trestle DH, the steep head angle required me to slow up a bit. However, if you bolt a Totem to the front of a Nomad, I'm pretty certain it can totally deal w/ Trestle DH. And w/ a 2x9 or a 2x10 setup, you should be able to trail ride it too.
    Knolly, Transition, and Intense all some to mind... There was also a guy on Pinkbike selling a large Socom for a pretty decent price and in great shape, altho a Socom wouldn't be a multipurpose bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Norco Truax or Shore are fun freeride 7" bikes that are reasonably priced. They can handle DH reasonably well too, although not as well as a full DH bike obviously.

Young Downhill Biker
    Quote Originally Posted by genemk View Post
    Norco Truax or Shore are fun freeride 7" bikes that are reasonably priced. They can handle DH reasonably well too, although not as well as a full DH bike obviously.
    I own a 09 Norco Shore one and I love it. Its heavy but I've ridden Whistler, Silverstar and KickingHorse with it and it was great. I don't do any huge drops or tech but it still gets the job done with ease. Riding sivlerstar I was surprised at how fast I could go down the World Cup run.
    Bike: 09 Norco Shore One
    Upper-Body Armour: 661 Assault
    Leg Armour: Fox Knee/Shin Gaurd
    Helmet: Bell Drop
    Contour HD GPS

mtbr member
    Sx trail 2010 or newer
    09 nomad or newer and upgrade to push linkage
    Several others that will rock for sure.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

Now with More Wood
    Morewood Zama. 7" mini-DH frame, single-pivot like your old Bullit but with up to date geo (lower BB, slacker). This should build up really well with a Totem (caveat: it has a 44mm/1.5 tapered headtube, I think there is now a headset that allows you to run a full 1.5 steerer in that but I'm not sure...you'd have to check that out first). Get the adjustable XPi pivot option with it to get the HA even slacker (it's at 65.5 out of the box I believe).

I've been on this frame for 6 months now, loving it. Such a fun and versatile bike. Run it with a front mech for the days you can't get to the park. I've got a Boxxer on mine, works great too.

Obligatory pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Recommend me a frame-zama_june_7_2011.jpg  

mtbr member
    Norco Truax or Giant Faith

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Canfield ONE!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Banshee scythe
    Just another redneck with a bike